DerelictStudios Forums
killakanz

Killa's Art Thread

Wow it looks so much crisper. Always a pleasure to see this stuff. Someone's been to Bovington :D

An evening's tinkering.

Re-built the flaps over the front of the treads. Yes, those are working hinges and latches.

tigerimpr15.jpg

tigerimpr16.jpg

Ok, all new tracks. Cos they were WRONG and screwing up my wheelbase. New hull MG casing and driver's viewport. Texturing the drive sprocket.

This is roughly the colour it's going to end up as, basing it off the Bovington Tiger scheme. Imagine it with highlights and dirtied up a bit.

Big pic...

tigerimpr17.jpg

Back when I first thought it be finished back in Feb 2005, it was riddled with inaccuracies, bad modeling and weighed a meager 125,659 polygons. In comparison the Crusader as it stands is 445,567 polygons, three and a half times the Tiger.

The Tiger has just hit 456,000 polys. It's now more than the Crusader. The treads themselves weigh more than the old Tiger's total, at 128,856 each side.

tigerimpr18.jpg

How hard would it be to make a Sturmtiger from this?

Sturmtiger was built on late production Tigers, so it would need new, re-arranged roadwheels and drive sprocket, other than that it's just the removal of the 'plumbing' at the back and the building of the superstructure.

Not too hard, but to this detail level it will take some time.

Battle.png

Just playing with it. Not quite happy with the effects yet, in particular the shield splash.

(Bird of Prey by William Birningham, courtesy of trekmeshes)

Final? My arse it is...

Probably going to be tweaking this for a while to come...

Battle6.png

Been making the previous image into an animated sequence. For this I have been creating various effects;

Blinker light system:

Blinkertest.gif

Warp jump (not quite final yet, need to make the last flash a bit brighter, slightly slower and smaller);

Warptest.gif

Aaand a complete weapon set;

weapontest.gif

All these effects are done in 3DS Max, no outside programs used. This was specifically so I could use effects at any time in the animation sequences. The phasers, for example, can be fired from any strip at any time.

M3Lee01.jpg

Can you guess what it is yet?

Edited by killakanz
For the record, 134,270 polys @ 70,889 verts there.

williamsfw14b9.jpg

Since this has actually been selling and getting me some cash, I'm making a little something to go with it and hopefully make more cash...

McLarenMP4-7-07.jpg

Ayrton Senna's 1992 Mclaren MP4/7.

Thought you guys might like to see this.

I've been playing with Reactor to create a physics based tank track rig that could one day be used on this Tiger.

All this (except the turret) is pure physics in action, all generated by Reactor. All I do is tell the drive wheels how fast and which direction to turn, the friction from the wheels pushes the tracks on the ground, moving the tank forwards.

Something not shown in this test though, by playing with the speed and direction of the drive wheels, I can steer it.

Thought you guys might like to see this.

I've been playing with Reactor to create a physics based tank track rig that could one day be used on this Tiger.

All this (except the turret) is pure physics in action, all generated by Reactor. All I do is tell the drive wheels how fast and which direction to turn, the friction from the wheels pushes the tracks on the ground, moving the tank forwards.

Something not shown in this test though, by playing with the speed and direction of the drive wheels, I can steer it.

Super fucking cool.