DerelictStudios Forums
Korona

A Japaneese Zero?! On D-day?

small1329Zero01.jpg small1333Zero03.jpg small1330Zero02.jpg

Hi everyone,

The Japanese Zero is the newest addition to the Blitz 2 roster, yes despite insisting it's "done" I keep finding "just one more" unit to add.

These planes will feature in both the ground attack and fighter roles.

Questions?

YEAH!!! I love the Jap's airplanes. One question though, why are the Japs fighting the British, or did the British engage in air battle against the Japs at one point in World War 2?

YEAH!!! I love the Jap's airplanes. One question though, why are the Japs fighting the British, or did the British engage in air battle against the Japs at one point in World War 2?
's not a faThe Japanese have attacked in the Pacific the British many times(I think they have attacked before Pearl Harbor,but that's not a fact).And when will come Blitz 3?

Jap's plane are very good, should be a good mission against them.

Although all of these little things are really good to the game, I've been dieing to play this game since early april. Are their any signs of it being soon?

's not a faThe Japanese have attacked in the Pacific the British many times(I think they have attacked before Pearl Harbor,but that's not a fact).And when will come Blitz 3?

Fortress Europe was canned in 2005.

And no, an exclusive scoop of the Volcano's secret bowels won't happen here, or now :P

Fortress Europe was canned in 2005.

And no, an exclusive scoop of the Volcano's secret bowels won't happen here, or now :P

But Phoib,I haven't thinked on Fortress Europe,I already know that it was cancelled,I think on the Blitz 3 with the screenshot of those cannons.(I think it was applied on 17th April,2008)

Those cannons are for the upcomming Blitz2 release.

The British had holdings in the far east, and these were attacked simultaneously with those on Pearl Harbour. The idea was to maul the western powers so badly that they would want to stay out of the Japaneese sphere of influence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_expa...%281941-1942%29

The fighting in Burma is the most likely place to see large amounts of Spitfires since it went on till the end of the war.

just curious korona....

on the previous post about the new plane you posted a link to the new german unit list.

to the right it had a load of German tank manufacturers, hows that going to work?

are the different manuactureres and therefore their tanks going to become available as time passes during the game,

do you have to pay a fee to "research" them,

or do you have to choose one manufacturer say at the beginning of each game or every time you build a new factory and then you can only produce that tank....???

I'm not 100% sure how Korona plans to make it, but from what I can see, each manuacturer is nothing more then a factory that's buildable from the comand centre.

These factories probably have a pre-requisit and exclusions so that you're forced to follow a certain path.

-If you take KRUPP as factory, then you'll have it a bit more difficult in the beginning have nice medium tanks, but lacks heavy tanks.

-So, when only 1 factory can be build, you'd soon be in difficulties. Not a good idea..

-As it's pointless to build them all, because of the vehicle redundancies, I think a limted choice of factories will probably be the path.

The basic idea was developped from a high complexity test-mod I was/am working on...

I've discussed it many times with Korona and i'm glad he plans on using his own interpretation of it.

That way my effort isn't going to be wasted... ;)

Perhaps I should explain this,

As germany, you will have 8 different factory types to choose from, they cost anywhere from 8000 - 22000 respectfully.

Now, each factory builds different tanks, but most have a common tank. You do not need special requisite to build a certain factory, other than a few of them are unlocked at tech 1, 2 or 3.

Now, some factories have a sort of special unit, like the krupp has 88mm flak, and the panther factory can build jagdpanthers if you choose to unlock them. But some of these tanks require you to spend a tech point at your tech tree. I think Korona is changing it a bit, but heres how it is now. You have a medium tank tier, it has 3 techs which must be bought in order. 1 costs 1, 2 costs 2 and 3 costs 3.

The medium tank tech will give you all sorts of panzer 3 and 4 variants. As well as stugs, maurders, panthers, panther variants and a few other treats. At the respected factories of course.

Then there is a heavy tank tier, it is just like the medium tank tier, there are 3, must be bought in order, 1 costs 1 2 costs 2 ect ect. Now, this tech tier will give you some fanciness. With the 1st you get Tigers and thats about it I think. Strum tigers if you have Rocket 1, then you get your elephants and tiger 2. As well as a fast building tiger. Not only is it half the price of a regular tiger, and builds way faster, but you get 2 for 1, or as korona says, 2 for 2. lol, which ever way you like to say it, 2 come out. But most of the medium tanks do this, should you want medium tech 3, you just might be albe to match the russians in production with your panzer 4 ;)

Anywho, Heavy tank tech 3 will unlock the mighty Maus. You can build as many of them as you like, however, they will eat your power until they die. A nice thing about them is they can't be disable like a regular tank. So don't bother rushing it with infantry.

Then of course after that you have your Air teir and your vengeance weapon tier. But again Korona will probably be changing it around a bit. If he ever gets of this damn computer so his hand can heal up :angry:

Well, if any of that makes any sense to you. You're not stuck with a certian factory type, you can build as many or as few as you want. It gets pricey building all these factories though.

Edited by Comrade Raptorkov

Yeah the manufacturers was a hybrid idea borne of an idea of Neo's which I saw had strong parrallels with something Flyby had talked to me about. By mixing the ideas we evolved the concept into something that fits into Blitz II gameplay, so these guys deserve the props for the idea.

We want to reflect the complexity of the German manufacturing process with many ministries competing, and a lack of standardisation.

While you won't really go wrong building lots of different factories, they are expensive, so for more advanced players the industrial stratagy is a big part of playing as Germany. MAN for example are a must-build for Panther production. They are fairly poor in the early game though, and useless for heavy tanks. If your stratagy is for Panthers, then when to start building the MAN works is a major strategic descision. Too early and you could run out of tanks, but you will want a good reserve of cash and manufacturing capacity on line for when the tech is ready.

The crossover and complexity looks a bit mad, but I feel it also adds a lot of depth to the industrial side of the game.

The factory idea has been played by the beta testers, and it isnt too complex. After a game or two even the most green players will be able to handle it.

I think it is a REALLY good idea, for too long has it been rts's that you can build whatever you want without sacrificing anything. this way i guess your investing in something, you can choose to have loads of pretty good mediums or wait and have some really good heavies...

Is it going to be similar for other fractions?

I think it is a REALLY good idea, for too long has it been rts's that you can build whatever you want without sacrificing anything. this way i guess your investing in something, you can choose to have loads of pretty good mediums or wait and have some really good heavies...

Is it going to be similar for other fractions?

No, the soviets have 3 factory types, Light, No.183 and Tanko. All of their factories cost $15,000

The No.183 will build you t34/85 and ot 34. where the tanko lets you build older t34 aswell as kv1 and other heavy tanks and artillery.

You can upgrade to refit the light factories, you loose your early tanks but you get fancy new light tanks, as well as su76 and katyusha.

The allies have a French factory and a British factory. The British factory builds units very slow, but they are very good tanks. Still if you want to try and match German or Soviet unit output you'll need to get USA and buy tank shipments.

I like how each side has it's own playstyle as well as it's own unit output style. It really adds a lot of depth to the game.

Edited by Comrade Raptorkov

To miko898: concerning update i would say Korona and i have focus on aircrafts for now. Korona works to make them even more realistic are giving good results up to now. The allies first mission (Battle of Britain) should give you good opportunity to experiment a new gameplay in air battles.

To finish with the updates i would say the Battle of Britain is over and the Battle of Guadalcanal have just begun :rolleyes:

To miko898: concerning update i would say Korona and i have focus on aircrafts for now. Korona works to make them even more realistic are giving good results up to now. The allies first mission (Battle of Britain) should give you good opportunity to experiment a new gameplay in air battles.

To finish with the updates i would say the Battle of Britain is over and the Battle of Guadalcanal have just begun :rolleyes:

Well we get to see the USS enterprise?

Ask Korona about aircraft carriers :ph34r:

Yeah it took me much more time than anticipated to make these missions maps (up to now 6 German mission+ 1 Allies are completed....Allies having 3 more missions to be completed and soviets 4). During that time Korona is working on new stuff and he is improving what we have already (like the aircrafts gameplay).