DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
yello13

Online Play Help

Hello, I am new to the game and whenever my friend and I try to play over the built in gamespy I am never able to get past the probe response part of the connection. The first day we tried it the connection did work but we would drop in game, but now it never even gets that far. His screen does get to the connection completed part however, so I am not sure what the issue is.

Could someone please help with this issue if you know what I need to configure to get it to work?

If not, then a step by step Hamachi instruction would be just great. I have never used Hamachi and am unsure as to exactly what it does. I make the network and my friend connects, but we don't know where to go from there. Do we use the in game network/vpn, and should we see each other in the lan menu?

Thanks again. Great Mod.

Ok, about your gamespy disconnect, you most likely have your firewalls on which causes a lot of connection issues.

You can turn it off by going into the start menu, hit control panel and if you're in classic view you'll find "windows Firewall" open this and select off.

For hamachi, assuming you have it installed, working and you and your buddy are in a mutual network (network both of you are in) The you goto the main menu of BlitzKrieg, hit options and at the bottom you'll see Online IP and LAN IP options. In the LAN drop down list, select your Hamachi IP, it always starts with a 5, and is shorter than your computer IP. Select it and hit accept, then got o multiplayer, and select VPN/LAN once you and your buddy are there you should see each other. Then one of you, doesn't matter who, create a game and hopefully if you both have your firewall off and everything good to go, you should see the game and be able to join it by double clicking it.

Edited by Comrade Raptorkov