DerelictStudios Forums
Count von Phoib

American Presidential Elections

Congratulation to all in the US, not only have you voted for change for yourself but by doing so you have voted for positive change for the planet.

Obama rules!

Okay, so wtf. I remember reading some article that said that no matter who was elected, the stock market would start to recover since investors would feel safe or whatever, but there's been like an 800 point drop since Election Day. Lame....

Stop it! STOPPIT! It's... too... cutesy! Argh!

The one found the sign, the other one looted it.

Also, something quite a few of you may find interesting. I have a pilot friend we can call Xavier. He flies chartered flights that begin their costs at $3,000/hr for renting the plane, etc. This should give you some idea of the clientèle on a rented Learjet*. Anyway, Xavier knows lot of other people in his niche industry. Apparently one flew Joe Biden during the primaries. According to the friend of a friend, Mr. Bidens was very vocal to his aides about his adversaries in the party on the flight, and of Mr. Obama he basically said (and I paraphrase from a paraphrase) "He's a stupid fucking nigger." and went on to describe him in tones and language that would make a klansman blush.

Now I realize it was probably a stressful time for him, but this is still kind of troubling. If he thought so little of Obama, will they butt heads? Did Obama pick him despite knowing of his feelings? But most of all, why in a sea of worthy candidates for the title of "dumb fucking nigger" like Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, did Biden bestow such a title upon one of the most intelligent and cultured black men to ever grace the Democratic party?

He's entitled to his opinion, but he should be more open about one so vile I think...

*Pro-athletes, church heads, CEOs, and politicians.

Edited by Rattuskid

I'm not denying it's not a first hand source, but people here believe far shadier emails than me talking to a friend whose coworker actually flew the guy. My friend only got to fly Janet Reno... Boring. He actually only told me this over dinner tonight.

In other news, Al Franken ran. I suppose he lost?

http://www.buzzflash.com/contributors/03/09/17_franken.html

Edited by Rattuskid

By a friend I don't mean someone I just know online, I mean someone whose dick I've seen on more than one occasion, but hey it's up to you whether you believe it, I wasn't so sure I did at first.

As they say, "you know a guy who knows a guy...... yeah."

That's my first reaction, but it DOES seem like a Bidenish thing to say. Will they butt heads? Could be - but I thought that was sort of the point, that Obama didn't want a yes-man?

I'm not denying it's not a first hand source, but people here believe far shadier emails than me talking to a friend whose coworker actually flew the guy. My friend only got to fly Janet Reno... Boring. He actually only told me this over dinner tonight.

In other news, Al Franken ran. I suppose he lost?

http://www.buzzflash.com/contributors/03/09/17_franken.html

He lost (thank god, electing a celebrity worked so well for this state last time...), but he's being a sore loser bitch and making the state pay for a recount - which will not be finalized until DECEMBER.

To be fair, the recount is required state law unless one candidate concedes when the election is won by .5% - that would be 15k votes in this case. Norm Coleman, the incumbent GOP senator, won by two hundred. However, it seems to me like it's pretty cut and dry nonetheless - they've already counted a lot of the votes by hand as far as I know.

Anyway, fuck Franken. If he really "cared about Minnesota", he'd go back to his hole and accept his fate instead of costing us millions. Thanks a bunch, asshole.

Edited by Monkey

Janet Reno

He's okay after this little jaunt, right :sick: ?

And no, Obama picked Biden because it shored up what he precieved as his greatest weakness at the time - foreign policy experience. Come on, it wasn't too long ago guys - remember? He was getting hammered at the time for lack of exp.

I thought he picked Biden for the same reason McCain chose Palin - they look completely different. Young, black, fresh, vs old, white, experienced, and so on. That's what picking VPs is all about, right? Balancing the ticket? Because Lord knows VPs don't really do anything else.

Yeah, I like to give the benefit of the doubt, I would love to think Biden to be a better man than that or at least be smart enough to keep his mouth shut, but if your friend (and his friend) are correct, then they won't be the only ones to know. Sooner or later some aide is gonna talk to the press and I can imagine this turning into yet another non-issue that soaks up the national attention. This is scandalous stuff here, this is.

Balancing the ticket? Because Lord knows VPs don't really do anything else.

Yeah, because Dick Cheney has been doing nothing at all,

Poor Nancy, as if having a monster for a husband wasn't bad enough, suggesting she'd actually want to speak to him must have really hurt.

Janet Reno

He's okay after this little jaunt, right :sick: ?

Apparently, yeah, they had fun. He said it was a long flight, at night, in bad turbulence... and she troopered right on threw in a small prop-job with two strange men (the pilots, she had no bodyguards), and was even happy enough upon safe landing to have a few photos taken. She's listed as 6' 1 1/2" tall on most sites, but the photo has her dead even with my pilot friend, and he's a bit taller than my 6' 2".

He was getting hammered at the time for lack of exp.

To be fair, that's a valid criticism, he's never been a head of state before. He should have taken up an internship or something.

Obama should know of all people how you reap what you sow.

Eh, it didn't seem that bad, a touch careless but Kerry has made 'jokes' forty times more insulting. Admit it, if that comment was about LBJ and not the golden calf of copnservatives, ol' crazy Ronnie, nobody would have given a shit.

Oy, the irony! Where is your Barack now?

"I'm not going to anticipate problems. I'm going to go in there with a spirit of bipartisanship,"

Ah yeah yeah yeah, everyone has said that before...

Irony, strike two!

while Barack Obama responded gracefully and personally to messages of congratulation from other world leaders

Incidentally, I don't know how much longer I can keep going to the BBC while they keep waxing poetic for Obama.

Irony, Strike Three, but he's not out!

This didn’t take long to happen

Do tell...

Also, Iraq is gearing for elections in January

Edited by IconOfEvi

US defense spending as a % of GDP outstrips other countries by miles. Obama will almost certainly cut defense spending, the real question is "how much?" Given the Democrats mostly represent commercial interests I would guess a fair old bit. Guns don't help you put food on your family.

Really at this point, I've gone under running that with this man, do not assume much.

So don't be surprised if we find ourselves at war with more countries and defense higher than ever.

And no, more like you idiots will scream racism everytime someone cracks a joke <_<

A good article hosted on the Daily Heil

Edited by IconOfEvi

I thought the BBC article was pretty good. Obama is hard to satirise for all the reasons they give. Race is only one of them, they are saying it is his circumstances that make him a hard target. It's not helped when he gave some of the best Obama jokes himself at the charity event a few weeks ago. McCain is actually another good example of this. He is a good sport and regularly pokes fun at himself, which is one of the reasons why they went so hard after Sarah Palin. She was the only really good target in the whole race.

The Daily Heil is hysterical as always, in both senses of the word :lol:

Okay, Adsense is officially awesome now, just for the sheer wtf factor of it all:

BarackWins.png

So guys...are you ready to rumble with terrorists?

Edited by IconOfEvi

Barack told to brace for terrorist attacks during transition. Possibly massive.

I'm quite sure there will be no shortage of conspiracies on this...

So ARE libs nicer?

tbh, I actually recall an incident at my uni, the SDS (I think...or some other left pro-Obama group) we're being very...well aggressive imo in an impromptu debate with the College Republicans.