DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
maskawaih

First Squad

First Squad is an animation about Soviet Russia in WW2 fighting with Nazi Germany bla bla bla where the Russian studio of Molot Entertainment collaborate with Japan Studio 4C. There are Stukas, bombers, some Russian towns, MG42, flamethrower, sniper rifles, katana wielding girl (lol?), a monk, some nasty German soldiers, horses, a monk and also Medieval Knights.

Despite being intrigue by this Molot Entertainment's intentions, I kinda pleased to have something new upon Japanese animation. Pretty much, they're pretty much boring for some time. Hope they can have Russian dubs rather than Japonski.

Official Website

You know, I always thought it would be cool if someone made an anime thing on WWII, like an anime version of SPR or something, gritty and realistic instead wacky unreal stuff like sci fi outer space or fantasy. Hope this is it.

Interesting, could be a good watch.

The longer trailers show a heavier emphasis on swordfighting, and include mecha, but it could still be a good WW2 themed show.

Edited by dave1001

The longer trailers show a heavier emphasis on swordfighting, and include mecha

Meh that's what i'm talking about. Why can't they ever make something serious for a chance? :/

It'll probably be more of a WWII set OVA and it kinda looks like it's drawing some mythos from the old Soviet film Alexander Nevsky. Still, Studio 4C did some really interesting work with the shorts they did for the Animatrix and Gotham Knight and I like what I see in that trailer.

Meh that's what i'm talking about. Why can't they ever make something serious for a chance? :/

Cause its the Japs :P. Though honestly, I'd like to see an anime on the Pacific War. Would be...interesting to see their perspective. Or at least the distortions :).

Also, yeah, another psyops kinda thing. Nadya is part of Soviet psyops. So apparently, Yuri might make a show here too. Would be lol. But tbh, it looks a little like Ghost In The Shell : 1942 atm.

Edited by IconOfEvi

Probably because an anime-style documentary would not be a success in any sense.

. Though honestly, I'd like to see an anime on the Pacific War. Would be...interesting to see their perspective. Or at least the distortions

There is. Sort of. Zipang Its about a modern Japanese Naval Self Defense Force cruiser that gets thrown back in time to 1942.

Yeah the Japaneese see WW2 as a war of defense and are "revisionist" when it comes to war crimes.

They see the Pearl Harbour attacks as a response to the US's agressive economic policies, especially the oil embargo that basically forced their hand to expand into the Dutch East Indies. They "just" wanted "the Western powers" to leave them alone in "their" sphere of influence. So yeah that's how they see WW2... It does feature the Yamato though so it's a good series.

This looks awesome, I guess if you are going for a propaganda version of history you might as well have Teutonic Knights in there for good measure :lol: Kickass!

Cause its the Japs :P. Though honestly, I'd like to see an anime on the Pacific War. Would be...interesting to see their perspective. Or at least the distortions :).

There is already one OVA series about that. it's called "Konnpeki no Kanntai" (The deep Blue Fleet) and it's about Yamamoto reincarnating just after the russo-japanese war, using his knowledge of the coming war to install a prime minister of his own, Hidetaka, who doesn't backstab the US bust honorably declares war and also we have Yamamoto counseling scientists to make technology advance beyond time, so 1945 tech in 1940 and 1950ies tech in 1945. The war goes like this: Japan smashes the US, then togheter they smash Nazi Germany.

Probably because an anime-style documentary would not be a success in any sense.

I'm not asking for a documentary, I'm asking for something like a war movie grounded in reality.

There is already one OVA series about that. it's called "Konnpeki no Kanntai" (The deep Blue Fleet) and it's about Yamamoto reincarnating just after the russo-japanese war, using his knowledge of the coming war to install a prime minister of his own, Hidetaka, who doesn't backstab the US bust honorably declares war and also we have Yamamoto counseling scientists to make technology advance beyond time, so 1945 tech in 1940 and 1950ies tech in 1945. The war goes like this: Japan smashes the US, then togheter they smash Nazi Germany.

You have got to be kidding me ...those crazy japanese :lol:

Actually everything is based on a novel by Aramaki Yoshio, and he said in an interview that as a child he loved those outlandish sci-fi stories published in literary magazines in the 40ies-50ies and he wanted to recreate that feeling in the Konnpeki series

Besides, the OVA has pretty nicely animated WW2 fights.