DerelictStudios Forums
EvilViking

Paradise Released As Official Wic Map! +hd Trailer!

It has been an exciting few months for World in Conflict fans! With the release of the Soviet Assault expansion pack delayed until next year due to publishing problems (Click for more info), developer Massive Entertainment has been working with fans to approve new custom fan-made content. After the Official Map Making contest concluded in July, Massive has been working with the winners (including myself, with the Grand Prize winning map Paradise) to get their maps polished and ready for ranked servers. Two of the winners, Arizona and Valley were released in September, and on October 8th, the remaining two maps Ozzault and Paradise were released!

releaselogo.jpg

Time to roll out! Two new maps from the official World in Conflict map contest are now finally released! EvilViking’s Paradise map is a domination map with some stunning tropical eye candy, including custom-made palm trees!
- Mir, World in Conflict Community Manager

Paradise was my entry for the Official Map Making Contest, and my second map. My first map, Virginia, was the first user-created map to be approved for ranked servers and made into official game content. To download Virginia and Paradise (as well as all other new maps), simply log into your WiC account and select "Yes" when prompted about the new maps. Or, you can visit the Massgate Downloads Page.

To celebrate its release, I have created a High Definition trailer for Paradise! It weighs in at 1280x720 HD resolution, and over 67GB of video was recorded over two months to create it. Check it out in full HD below:

(Click on the image to view in HD)

paradisetrailer_logo_s.jpg

If your computer has trouble playing it in your browser, you can download it by clicking here. (Be sure to click the download button, not the "Play" button) If you're really desperate, you can watch the

(please don't, bleh).

Finally, I have uploaded 10 World in Conflict desktop backgrounds (1680x1050) featuring Paradise! Check them out by clicking here or on any of the samples below:

pd_background_08.jpg pd_background_07.jpg

pd_background_05.jpg pd_background_09.jpg

For those of you that have been too busy to give World in Conflict a spin (I know, I know, RA3 is coming out), now is a great time! It can easily be found for $29.99 USD or less, and for a game that got an 89 Metacritic score, and comes with tons of new maps, that's a steal! Feel free to look me up ingame as "EvilViking" - just don't be surprised to find me on a Paradise only server enjoying my hard work, hehe.

Despite the awesomeness of WiC, I didn't plan to buy the game as the future of the game is uncertain due to Activision-Blizzard merger. They even put Massive Entertainment for sale. There goes my hope to buy Soviet Assault. :(

Despite the awesomeness of WiC, I didn't plan to buy the game as the future of the game is uncertain due to Activision-Blizzard merger. They even put Massive Entertainment for sale. There goes my hope to buy Soviet Assault. :(

A new publishing deal is currently in the works: http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2008/10/viv...ase-2.html#more

50 Cent: Blood on The Sands, Riddick: Escape from Dark Athena, and World In Conflict have all found companies to publish them and supposedly Prototype is going to be tested on again soon (after about a half a year of inactivity).

This has been confirmed by one of my contacts, but other than that, they couldn't comment. :)