DerelictStudios Forums
Windows V

Red Alert 3

Regarding Einstein I think they would point to how E=MC^2 was the theoretical base for understanding what was going on with nuclear fission. It's speculation whether they could have identified that there was a huge energy release coming from the atoms due to the mass loss rather than some other process. Unless that leap is made then the concept of a nuclear chain reaction is almost impossible to conceive.

But that paper was published in 1905, so going back to 1920 wouldn't of done anything seeing as how the paper would of already been in circulation.

It's a well known fact that in order for there to exist a critical mass of Uranium in a sustained nuclear reaction, you need there to be a popular Jew with bad hair. Back then it was Einstein, now it's Seinfeld.

Also, Einstein kind of wrote the "Holy shit guess what the Germans are making!" letter to the Allies...

Does anyone have a favorite faction?

I am kinda split between the allies and the soviets. I like the allies infantry and airforces, while I love the soviet's tanks, Kirov's, and Dreadnoughts. I also really love the Japanese navy. Pounding the shit out of stuff with battleships is always fun. :D The Japanese riflemen are pretty cool too, along with their tankbusters.

Favorite faction? They're all so cartoony and gay, but I suppose the Soviet faction. Just 'feels' more good to play.

It's a well known fact that in order for there to exist a critical mass of Uranium in a sustained nuclear reaction, you need there to be a popular Jew with bad hair. Back then it was Einstein, now it's Seinfeld.

Also, Einstein kind of wrote the "Holy shit guess what the Germans are making!" letter to the Allies...

Actually, Rattus, as I said before, Einstein contributed barely anything to the Manhattan Project besides giving that initial letter - no specific research of any value in any case. And basically, the nuclear program would have started before long anyways (probabaly even that year) in my guesstimation, as there we're numerous indicators of world interest since Fermi's sustained nuclear reaction. The likes of Teller and Oppenheimer and Fermi did so much more.

Concerning Red Alert lore...Einstein very SPECIFICALLY gave FDR the letter because the Germans we're developing the bomb (in fact, he later regretted his decision because we used it on the Japanese). However, in C&Cverse, Hitler Germany never existed. So what imperative was it for the letter? Moreover, while its not clear, it seems the Soviets got the atomic bomb first in the storyline - so what gives? In truth, every country involved in the war (IRL) was working on an atomic bomb (barring the Italians, whose scientists we're either working on the German or American programs; see Fermi). Hell, the Japanese had two programs (Army/Navy rivalry dictated they could never work together on it). Its mostly in the realms of "We're not sure" History, but evidence points to the fact that just at the end of the war, a device (Navy program, Army was destroyed in Tokyo) was tested in Korea. However, everything there was taken by the Soviets during the partition, and then its been North Korea ever since.

The theory of relativity has very little to do with nuclear science. Red Alert is correct in that he was more concerned with time and space (as that is what the theory of relativity deals with, time and space), hence his knowledge is in Chronosphere issues ingame. Red Alert is also correct in that the Iron Curtain evolves out of a concept that Tesla was said to have made, one of many many concepts and ideas. People commonly confuse relativity (which besides time and space, is more akin to light/optics than nuclear studies) with nuclear energy and nuclear science, or have this misconception that Einstein was this master scientist of everything. I'm not saying Einstein wasn't anything, but he wasn't everything. Nikola Tesla for example, is one who never gets his fair due, even though he practically invented modern civilization. If anything, to me, he is the greatest scientist who ever lived.

Thats another reason I think the game just sucks balls. Also, somehow Mirage Tanks exist. And Prism Towers.

Also, Korona, on his deathray, apparently he split the plan into four pieces and gave to the USA, UK, USSR, and I think France. His intention was they would have to cooperate to piece the plans back together. As for if it actually happened, probabaly not so, however his later works like deriving electric power from the ionosphere (I think that was it) also seemed to have been split, and by what people have said, the theories for them have been reassembled...

Its telling that the poor man died near penniless, screwed at every turn. That everyone would take credit for his works. He demonstrated things, events live that should not be possible physically. And yet he did it.

Also telling I think - the FBI confiscated all his works pretty much the minute he died. Also, the Soviet Union did a lot of research into what we'll call the zany side of his work. So if you want to see the end result of where humanity went with his work...the United States and Russia are the last bastions.

On a side note - do YOU have a zany idea that could, COULD just possibly work? Just need some monies? Need some staff? Well then DARPA is for you! Seriously...these guys will fund anything if you have a feasible way of completing the task.

Edited by IconOfEvi

It's pretty clear that the story is just shit and is handled in a way that it doesn't have to deal with previous games but instead of going all the way in that direction it stops right with the story and just glues on another faction, instead of thinking things through and seeing that the allies' stuff shouldn't be there.

Oh and the whole going back in time and killing the person responsible for time travel creates a huge grandfather paradox.

But then again you shouldn't take the story seriously, as in, the original RA's was ridicilous. however it had more charm and yet more sense than this one.

Edited by MehMan

The likes of Teller and Oppenheimer and Fermi did so much more.

Fun fact; the Nazis once captured Teller, but he never talked.

Concerning Red Alert lore...Einstein very SPECIFICALLY gave FDR the letter because the Germans we're developing the bomb (in fact, he later regretted his decision because we used it on the Japanese). However, in C&Cverse, Hitler Germany never existed. So what imperative was it for the letter?

He could have written it about Russia, but I think it's one of those happened-anyway kind of Red Alertisms. The same way the U.N. was founded in the original Red Alert despite WWII never killing the League of Nations. Or the Iwo Jima war memorial and sunken Arizona Memorial in RA2.

Well the more I thought of Iwo Jima memorial and USS Missouri, more I think that the devs weren't being lazy. Hitler getting killed stopped the European war, only to have a deadlier war with the Soviets some many years later.

However, Hitler's actions for the most part had no effect on Japan, or it's decisions. Thus, the attack on Pearl Harbor technically could still be true.

And I doubt it about Russia. He very specifically wanted the bomb to be used on Germany. That much is evident seeing as how angry he got when the bomb was instead switched to Japan, and his lifelong work to reform himself as some kind of pacifist afterwords. He wanted Germany nuked because of what they we're doing.

And yet another lesson in the history of the world and how the world works by Icon.

Edited by MehMan

The last part is my guesses. But as for the notion he cooperated with the bomb project until the target was switched from Germany to Japan, that is an undeniable fact.

Thats another reason I think the game just sucks balls. Also, somehow Mirage Tanks exist. And Prism Towers.

I think this is what he's getting at. Along with lots of other posts you made in this topic.

Edited by Goose