DerelictStudios Forums
Comrade Raptorkov

Officer Beam Of Death

Well I hope not, let's discuss what would look cool, and I'll bug nem to code the coolest idea. :lol:

Anyways, right now its this lame white 1s and 0s that just goes up then down on the target. Man is it lame.

My idea is no beam or connection effect at all. Just a faction symbol of the target area, or maybe some cool "attack here" kind of deal, could be a faction flag (transparent so people can still see what the hell is happening), then maybe a glowing effect around it.

Or why not have a bunch little arrows that fly out from the officer and scatter around the target area.

Well what ever, it's just so lame. Makes me want to smash my head through a window so I don't have to see it anymore.

Ideas?

I agree with Rap's first statement. I hate that 1 - 0 - 1 line from Hacking Lotus. I find it silly, Id rather have no line and transparent then that thing.

well, i think we should abbolish the officer targetting thing, and keep the boost effect on the nearby friendly units thing. that lotus beam is bugged, it causes a sound error. when one of ur units is near an enemy officer it will constantly scream under attack. its really annoying - u think something important is going on lol but its not.

Good comment from raps,

DirtyHarry

As Rap put it so well. If I have to continue seeing it....I'll take his advice.

Well what ever, it's just so lame. Makes me want to smash my head through a window so I don't have to see it anymore.

Well I think he should still "attack" otherwise he will run ahead of the group[ and get killed. But perhaps no visual and a sound effect would be better, you could do the gla mob sound or maybe the cheer that you get when you hit ctrl + c

I think it'd be cool and a group of units automatically cheered when you use attack move and while fighting and stuff. Can the hoard bonus and attacking status trigger sounds?

Well I think he should still "attack" otherwise he will run ahead of the group[ and get killed. But perhaps no visual and a sound effect would be better, you could do the gla mob sound or maybe the cheer that you get when you hit ctrl + c

I think it'd be cool and a group of units automatically cheered when you use attack move and while fighting and stuff. Can the hoard bonus and attacking status trigger sounds?

this is a bit off topic, but is there any consensus on when the Blitz 2 mod is going to be finished?

this is a bit off topic, but is there any consensus on when the Blitz 2 mod is going to be finished?

p.s. For what its worth, I think the flare gun is the best idea.