DerelictStudios Forums
IconOfEvi

Massive Terror Attacks In India

A claim by a captured terrorist is that they're attacking from sea. Whoa what a tactic. Captured a fishing trawler, killed all on board except the skipper, rode back to port, killed the skipper and headed for destinations. While most of them are likely from Pakistan, someone alleged that maybe Malaysian was involved due to some addresses linked with the terrorist (Source).

I second Phoib. Basically, how they treat anyone not in the top hierarchy. So in a sense, like North Korea. Institutionalized terror.

Maska, while I will not deny what you say, you are SEVERELY underestimating it. Yes, clan frictions were and are one of the main problems, but they are sorted how they've always been sorted out. Many clans in Iraq, indeed Arabic lands are mixed Sunni/Shia. However, what we are (or did) witnessing in Iraq somewhat is what has never happened before, and that is clan rivalries we're supplanted by group loyalties and ideologies. So in a sense, it can't be called Sunnia vs Shia, but more appropriately Al Queda vs JAM, and even then that is inaccurate - nearly every other group balked with the prospect of working with AQ (less so with JAM affiliated militias, but still holds true), so much so they sided with us rather side with evil manifest.

Don't forget to add Iran and Syria to the list of Institutionalized terror nations.

A claim by a captured terrorist is that they're attacking from sea. Whoa what a tactic. Captured a fishing trawler, killed all on board except the skipper, rode back to port, killed the skipper and headed for destinations. While most of them are likely from Pakistan, someone alleged that maybe Malaysian was involved due to some addresses linked with the terrorist (Source).

News reports in the Netherlands state that the surviving/captured/remaining terrorist admitted to having trained in Pakistan.

Perhaps this is true, but considering the fact that Indian police/military probably have used means of forceful persuasion i'm having doubts about this statement.

After being tortured, most people will admit to anything.

There is a difference between training in Pakistan and being affiliated with the Pakistani government, the former sounds likely, the latter sounds hysterical.

Sickness in people can be communal. Just because it was organized, well executed and large scale does not mean it can't still be psychopathic in intentions. If you have little to no ability to fund your group of terrorist fucktwits flying to the US, taking a boat to Iraq or even finding a bus to Afghanistan, then this is what happens. Not only raw hatred fueled violence, but said violence being taken out on targets of opportunity. Not unlike the people who will shoot 45 innocent students because one jock really got under their skin Junior year, or who bomb a federal building full of 160 or so office personnel because they hate Janet Reno.

Finding a cause, a purpose for this kind of slaughter is best left to the investigators, because there isn't any difference any of us could do even if we had that kind of insight.

It's madness. It's sickness. It's loathing.

Well considering that the Lashkar-e-Taiba has been behind attacks since long ago, and that he told he trained in a Lashkar camp in Pakistan, I don't think this is case purely of mental sickness (well, not directly).

Also, the Daily Heil has a source to the confusion over the see-saw of the role of British nationals in the attack.

Till the last breath, 5000 to be dead.

Possible motivation for the attack - start a war. Funny, they could still do that at this point. If the ISI (Pakistani intelligence service hydra) is proved to have helped/aided, than war could easily start. Both countries are already on 'war alert' settings.

EDIT - Possibly 5 missing :(. I actually suspect there are loads more sleeper waiting around.

Edited by IconOfEvi

I find its funny to see the videos of Indian Commandos in action on BBC. Unprofessional. If you guys see clearly, their actions kinda similar to those of Russians hostage rescue incident few years back. Blind firing at the terrorists while didn't care whether it may hit the hostages. But this time nothing about media condemning the way the Indian Commandos did.

Pakistan, let me count the ways...

• State Sponsor of Terrorism against India in Kashmir
  • Nuclear weapons tech proliferation
  • Training camps
  • Safe haven for Al Qaeda leadership
  • Competent Military government

oh wait I forgot: Our loyal partner in the war on terror

I think that the Indian commandos were unprofessional. The accounts I have heard suggest they were brave and saved a lot of lives...

The circumstances have an important difference that I think mitigates any criticism for the Indians, in that in this scenario you have a situation of chaos, people getting murdered, explosions and death. Commandos go in, action happens, many people are freed and order is restored. Perhaps they could have been better, I haven't heard anyone say that, but their role is basically as protectors of law and order.

In the Beslan school siege there was hostage taking and a siege, then a mostly stable standoff. Then the Spetsnaz went in and loads of people, mostly children, died in their bungled storming operation. I don't think that anyone criticised the mad skillz of the Spetnaz themselves but more the people that authorised the use of thermobaric warheads and other heavy weapons to breach the school walls.