DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Korona

Why The Welfare State Isn't Good Enough For Some People

Mrs Chawner is paid an extra £330-a-month disability allowance for epilepsy and asthma, both a result of being overweight.

Er, I'm pretty sure neither is caused by obesity, maybe advanced diabetes can cause epilepsy, I'm not sure. It certainly doesn't make either condition better, but these are still independent illnesses (whom most work around for their employment).

I know it's tempting when seeing a family of loafing losers like these to say obesity disability compensation is bogus, but my grandmother was forced to survive on it in the twilight of her life after social security bureaucratically blocked her out of benefits.

And to think that after serving in Iraq, they refused me Jobseekers allowance after I quit the army. Apparently, not enough NI payments. Asswipes.

These last two years I've been struggling hard to keep myself from going bust, with absolutely no benefits at all. I lost my car, I'm living in my girlfriend's bedroom...

Really pisses me off when I see something like this.

No matter how fat you are, there is SOMEBODY that will give you a job. I hate people like this, who bitch and gripe about how they should have everything handed to them just because they 'don't fit in'. Here's a thought, instead of whining about how you're apparently not being paid enough to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, go out for a walk. Or better yet, a run!

Silly me, what was I thinking? They're making too much money sitting on their massive asses to do anything other than bitch.

I'm a very firm believer that if you really wanted to get skinny, you could. Granted, I know its genetic and such, but if you want to, it's very, very possible. All it takes is some motivation and a twinky on a stick.

/end fat people rant.

I don't get how genes can make you consume more calories than you expend. There is a gene that overcomes the conservation of energy principle? Have geneticists undone modern physics? :o

I believe it's called the 'lazyf**ker' gene.

It still pisses me off when I risked my life for my country and it gives me nothing and leaves me struggling, while these fucks moan that the government don't quite hand them enough for doing fuck all when they're already getting the equal to a 30k salary.

Does having a lazy fucker gene differ from just being a lazy fucker? Yeah I guess to the tune of £22k a year. What a load of bullshit.

this makes my blood boil our good hard working man's tax's goes to people like this we have the same problem here in new zealand

i think its not fair if its up to me i would not give them any money you work or you starve to death and thats fair enough we should not work and get taxed with that money given to people like this who dont work and just gives lame ass excuses or just pump out a billion babies so they can get more money.

Mr Chawner said: "What we get barely covers the bills and puts food on the table. It's not our fault we can't work. We deserve more."

The family claim to spend £50 a week on food and consume 3,000 calories each a day. The recommended maximum intake is 2,000 for women and 2,500 for men.

Yet again, this is just such a non issue. They're poor, and fat. Stop buying so much fucking food and you solve both problems! Then, when you're a healthy weight you can get a job. I don't care if it's hereditary, if they're unemployed they've got plenty of time to get fit.

That is so wrong. And they are not even THAT fat. I've seen fatter people then them working at jobs.

Someone should throw them on a treadmill and dangle a big mac in front of them, then they will lose that weight in no time! Then they can work again, and some of that government money can go to more deserving people.

Lolwut? Empathy for what? People abusing the system? If they were like 600 pounds, I might understand. But they're MORE than capable of working for a living.

Pipe down, Mother Teresa.

Edited by BlckWyerve

Why should there be empathy? I have epilepsy and my left cornea is/was drying and thyroid malfunction - and we're still paying the goddamn bills. No handouts here. I'm thick. Why don't I have a handout?

I hate these kind of people. I mean when did asthma get caused by being fat?! At least I don't recall. And epilepsy DEFINITELY not.

Edited by IconOfEvi

i have no empathy for these people its so bullshit it doesnt matter how fat you are there are still jobs you ccan do out there.

You mean they are so fuckng lazy they cant push a button in some factory so telling the robots or other machines what to do. I bet if you got a paper run or started doing some cleaning jobs or like i have worked stacking goods at a very busy supermarket lifting stuff all day that you will still be fat ?

if they dont want to work they can starve so many excuses - say if you didnt get money from the benifit you would have to find work somehow, somewhere, someplace out of the neccissity to surive not including people who have genuine disease's and disability's who do need help as they can not work.

Edited by Yamato

I find the lack of empathy in this thread disturbing.

I bet you're fat.

I bet you're fat.

I do not empathise with people who allow themselves to get that big then moan about it. Genetics or not, it's simple in the end. You will lose fat by exercising, so get off your fat ass on onto that treadmill.

If you don't even try, you get no sympathy from me.

My old man for example, is quite big, suffers high blood pressure and his eyesight is failing. However, he works a 5 day week, is the sole UK distributer of Hyla in his spare time, and now he volunteers to help me out in motion capture recording sessions on Sundays. Being fat is no excuse for not having a job

You guys are all missing that it's not like the government seeks out people like this with a bunch of checks in their hands... These kinds of fuckers get lawyers who want in on the dole. With one threat to take it to court (which is just too much of a risk for the agencies), they can continually keep getting more on more stipulations.

I feel some people are too messed up from various things to work. I don't see a problem with an SSI check going to a disabled vet, a person not-quite-senior who is on an oxygen machine, etc. It's fucking disgusting that people like these feel the government owes them something because they have big asses... but it's doubly disgusting they're getting it.

It's the same thing here in the states, the hardest people who have time getting assistance are those that need it. Those who just want a handout for nothing are smart enough to bitch and complain enough to actually get it. Lawyers friends, lawyers.

I bet you're fat.

Another typical comment from MehMa...what? That was Goose?!? Somebody check IPs, I think Goose may be compromised.

Logan Hartke

Ah it just the nature of a large system. A bureaucracy needs rules and that means broad brush strokes. Either you err on the side of caution and unworthy people get help or else you make the rules harsher and people that need help slip through the cracks. There is also in my view an unhealthy acceptance of obesity as being a condition like epilepsy or something. If you can undo the damage of your condition through exercise and so on then any help should be linked to that input on your own part. Fatties can have help but they should have to work out and eat right. Cash should be linked to sensible and realistic weight loss with a view to them going back into work. Even if that means paying for access to the local swimming pool or whatever that seems like money well spent to me.

Save for food stamps or college assistance almost no money from the state is specified to go towards only certain things... Especially federal money.

I have a horrible fear of being fat. My mother is one of those always on a diet people. And that rubs off on me. Not the diet part, but fear of fat. I've had a nightmare where I was fat. Horrible dreams of man tits.

So seeing these fat fucks saying it's genetic and that they deserve more...my brain nearly jumps out, goes on a plane and drops a hello bomb on them.

Being fat: the new way to be on the dole?

If this spreads I'm coming to the UK and taking over the place so you'll have a military dictator with nice soviet english. Don't worry, my grammar is ok, articulation and pronunciation is another deal though.

I watched the video, but the words she was saying were being drowned out by the screaming in my own head. She sits there saying she eats healthily, then lists some of her usual 'healthy' foods as curries, burgers, and whatever she feels like; hereditary my arse. Just because they're all fat, doesn't mean it's hereditary! It means they all eat shit and don't excersize. I want to see a doctors report on all of them before I believe it's genetic.

I know XD

A baked potato with some cold meat for lunch? That's a dinner, a potato has a ton of carbs.

It's like with those "low fat" products. I've seen fat people eat a whole cake and justify it 'cos of the "low fat" label. Not frying your burgers doesn't make them healthy. Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.