DerelictStudios Forums

Hi everyone,

Sorry it has been so long since an update but we have been working on something pretty cool.

A lot of people have been hoping that we would add the Pacific theatre including Japan as a playable faction. Well in secret this is exactly what we have been working on. The Zero was shown a while back but we were sly about what it was for.

small1330Zero02.jpg

Now it is safe to reveal that we have all new Pacific Theatre gameplay about to hit beta testing which includes the US Navy and Imperial Japan as two new playable factions.

The main hurdle was always to get naval gameplay working properly in the highly limited ZH engine. Anyone who is familiar with SAGE will know how hard it is to overcome some key issues. However we now have overcome these hurdles and have FULLY CONTROLLABLE CARRIERS(!!!)

The proof is in the in game shots:

small1417japinf.jpg small1418AircraftCarrier1.jpg small1419AircraftCarrier2.jpg

The first image shows the new Japanese rifle infantry with their new cameo as well. The second and third image show the USS Enterprise with its wing of SBD Dauntless dive bombers. These planes are lethal to enemy shipping. Indeed this helps to highlight the main difference between the two factions.

The US Navy lost many battleships at Pearl Harbour so focuses on aircraft carriers wereas the Japanese stay more committed to the big gun boats using carriers just to screen their precious boats such as the legendary Yamato

Japanese Battleship Yamato

Anyway this is just a teaser, once we have this in beta I hope to bring you all shots of what a naval battle looks like in SAGE (it's AWESOME)!

Holy shit. I didn't even know about this.

But then again, its April fools. So I am more than slightly suspicious of the timing...

Edited by Feuersturm

As much as I love blitz, I don't have the time to build an entire aircraft carrier, new planes and new infantry just for a joke :P

:ph34r: hiyaaa!!!! awsome just great !!!! will be awsome too add a new mp race into the game specialy vicious japanese they rock :lol: u did again an amazing good work :) hope i can play that version too soon seems nice do we also get that super cannon ingame and some new tank and bunker units :) also like barbwire etc :lol:

Supremacy

:hb: Blitz

Actually, bunkers are being cut all together, since they were made of butter and 1 tank round usually blasted them away. Theres no point to having bunkers now. Buuuuuut, the pe2 strike and randmoized bomb drop makes up for it.

Now if only korona would fix the lead bomber drifting off center into his right follower it would be perfect.

Well...in fact Korona gave you a clue when he said :"I don't have the time to build an entire aircraft carrier, new planes and new infantry just for a joke" and also: "The models are real but the naval gameplay ain't "

...the truth is out there ;)

release this now

We do need bunkers and barwire etc maybe anti person mines cause some ppl can just over run a base with enough puppets would be great too have a nicer defence in ure base :lol: , we want bunkers :hb: k so i waited a little already gettin realy curious more update posts!!!

Greetings Supremacy

:hb: too play beta :huh:

Don't worry, everything has been practically redone. However, I signed an oath not to leak information, so I shall not. Just don't worry, everything is excellent and well done now.

Edited by Feuersturm

Don't worry, everything has been practically redone. However, I signed an oath not to leak information, so I shall not. Just don't worry, everything is excellent and well done now.

What fire is trying to say, is there's a fucking edit button learn to use it.

Some of us are not as brutal and harsh as you raptor. If I meant it, I would have said it.

Though yes, please use the edit button, check your spelling and don't insult the work like that. It is very insulting to see it be insulted like that <_<

edit: spelling

Edited by Feuersturm

Some of us are not as brutal and harsh as you raptor. If I meant it, I would have said it.

Though yes, please use the edit button, check your spelling and don't insult the work like that. IT is very sinulting to see it be insulted liek that <_<

were not trying to insult you we just want you to release the mod considering you decided to release 2 years ago and we know your working hard on it and we know you didnt want to release a half made mod but at least release a beta or something and update the moddb page with pictures, oh and also raptorkove can go screw himself because everybody makes spelling mistakes you idiot, fucking feurstorm is nicer then you about it.

Edited by blitzrules45

When we say it is close to a release, we mean it this time. We've added a lot of units, and those require tweaking and balancing. Also, this won't be a release like the other one. This one will contain missions for all sides, new maps, new units, new effect, ect. As for Raptor, well he has lost his patience with people. As you can imagine, over the time we have got a lot of 'aggressive' questions and insults on how long it is taking. Sadly, when we think its ready, another thing comes up one way or another. Just give it time.

Raptor was nice enough to upload some pictures on another thread, I'll repost them here for you guys.

Offensive language generally is not a good way to go about getting information. I would suggest editing out the language :).

sshot128.jpg

sshot032.jpg

And a few from mine...

sshot142.jpg

sshot225.jpg

Disclaimer: Sadly, some of these are even already outdated. So don't take anything official out of them.

When we say it is close to a release, we mean it this time. We've added a lot of units, and those require tweaking and balancing. Also, this won't be a release like the other one. This one will contain missions for all sides, new maps, new units, new effect, ect. As for Raptor, well he has lost his patience with people. As you can imagine, over the time we have got a lot of 'aggressive' questions and insults on how long it is taking. Sadly, when we think its ready, another thing comes up one way or another. Just give it time.

Raptor was nice enough to upload some pictures on another thread, I'll repost them here for you guys.

Offensive language generally is not a good way to go about getting information. I would suggest editing out the language :).

sshot128.jpg

sshot032.jpg

And a few from mine...

sshot142.jpg

sshot225.jpg

Disclaimer: Sadly, some of these are even already outdated. So don't take anything official out of them.

well thank you my feuer lol... anyways sorry about the language ill start adding smiley faces to everything i post lol, anyways thanks for the pictures they look really nice, nice job. btw you guys should have japan as a faction, but hey your mod, i just thought it would be cool.

Try not to quote images. They take up a lot of space. (just edit out the tags from your post. Makes quotes easier to read.

And thank you. :)

Edited by Feuersturm