DerelictStudios Forums
Feuersturm

Hearts Of Iron Ii - Struggle For Democracy

Well, I've been working on this After-Action report for quite some time now (November 29th, 2008). For those of you interested in Hearts of Iron 2, and want to see a game where the AI is giving the human team..a very challenging time...then please do visit the following link:

Democracy's Last Stand: A US - UK DAIM AAR

It is well worth the read, and has become more popular then I could have possibly imagine when I started it. To read from the first post to last post can take quite sometime, but I have a timeline on the first post for those of you who wish to skim through it. Each date is linked to a news post, so you can pick and choose what you wish to view.

Currently, the game is into 1952, after the Allied have been stuck fighting in Europe since 1947. I won't leak any spoilers though for those wishing to read it.

I hope you enjoy it :)

Er..can someone fix the topic (if it is possible and qucik)? it was supposed to be II, not Ii.

Edited by Feuersturm

I just read the timeline. Good lord, what a clusterfuck... of awesomeness. I wish I had time to play that game again - and I wish the game didn't grind to a halt when too much shit is on the map.

Edited by Monkey

Er..can someone fix the topic (if it is possible and qucik)? it was supposed to be II, not Ii.

Not possible.

[edit]You managed to make Britain nice and green I see :blink:

...yeah it is, you click and hold on the topic title when viewing it from off topic. If no-one else, you can do it Phoib.

I have been reading your awesome aar from almost the beginning. I am hoping you will eventually prevail.

BTW: I am Kaiser_Mobius on the paradox forums. :)

The intent is to prevail!

But the Soviet's attack on us made things a lot more difficult. Already strained resources are strained to a breaking point. Manpower is at 0 with in excess of 200 mp to reinforce all (this figure jumps in spring 1952, but I have not posted that far in yet).

I've noticed Kaiser_Mobius posting in my thread a few times, I didn't know it was you :P

Britain is glowing green, you can see the glow at night from France if you look at the night sky :lol:

I'm glad people enjoy reading it :)

...yeah it is, you click and hold on the topic title when viewing it from off topic. If no-one else, you can do it Phoib.

No, the forums are set to only allow the first character to be a capital, in order to prevent READ THIS titles.

Why the hell did you ever nuke Moscow btw :P

No, the forums are set to only allow the first character to be a capital, in order to prevent READ THIS titles.

Why the hell did you ever nuke Moscow btw :P

I didn't, my ally did. I think he though that since it had high IC, MP and VP values, it would raise dissent in Germany by a lot. Since it is not a core, I don't know if it did.

@IconofEvi: Monkey has it right, it is required for this game :P.

Are you referring to that Delex guy? He keeps trolling my thread trying to incite people to respond.

Damnn those bloody Scots. Their country is burning and they are fighting their own army instead of the Germans?! Typical!

Similar to EU, though I can't put them in the same boat. EU's gameplay is not the same in my opinion. Then again, I've only played EU3 so I can't comment on earlier versions.

It is less economics, and more war. You control military, production, research, all on a larger scale. There are also a lot more provinces.

HoI2 >> Victoria >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any of the EU games >>>>> HoI1 (which was just awful in hindsight, but I enjoyed the level of detail and didn't know any better)

never played crusader kings

Edited by Monkey

edit:

Sadly, I know how hard it is to find a copy nowadays.

Edited by Feuersturm

Horseshit. It's on steam FFS, and with every expansion for $25. No excuse not to buy it.

Edited by Monkey

When did they get it on Steam!

Maybe this means Hearts of Iron 3 will be on Steam now (when it is released). I still prefer a hard copy, but this will increase the userbase I think by a lot.

Edited by Feuersturm

No, I mean the Steam version gives you one icon, which most clicks will send you to the normal HoI2, but every now and then (but not always) grants a radiobox option of using Armageddon. It's weak...