DerelictStudios Forums
Rattuskid

The Arsenal Thread

Was wondering why a forum full of young, militarynut (and for a good portion, Canadian/American) men seems to lack the obvious...

Post pictures/descriptions of what you got.

This is like hot off the presses that this is my first and so far, only, but damned if it isn't fun as shit.

http://pics.livejournal.com/rattuskid/pic/00001aba/

Ohhhh that kind of Arsenal. First thing that poped into my mind was Arsenal FC.

Nice SKS. I have heard that it is a pretty good "starter rifle" so to speak. I once saw a store in my hometown selling a few crates full of SKS's, all marked 'made in china' on them.

Do you have to post firearms, or can we post things like pellet guns, paintball guns, airsoft, etc?

I don't care if you post knives, friend... Post whatever, this is the internet!

That being said, I know like no pellet gun manufacturers, wouldn't know a good one from a bad one, etc. Paintball stuff I'm just a touch better on... and I've always found airsoft stuff to be eye-roll worthy.

.22 air rifle, x4 magnification scope, it's as powerful as they're allowed to be without needed a gun license, that's about all I know.

post-4593-1245091611_thumb.jpg

I had a lovely airsoft AK-47, shot plastic like no tomorrow.

Then the parents broke it <_<.

I'm planning on getting a (real) Trench Gun though, before they up in price drastically.

I don't know if they will up in price. Everything is actually cresting down off from the election high... and stuff like shotguns (even nice slam-fireable Ithicas) aren't as affected as handguns and 'evil black rifles'.

Edited by Rattuskid

my Sig 552

I also have a pair of enfield No.4 rifles. One of them converted for airsofting. Trust me, you know when that's hit you.

So you can legally convert real rifles to airsoft ones in the UK? You know, normally I'm all in the RAGE AT AIRSHIT category, but that's actually a damn creative way to keep relics and pieces of history around rather than melted.

Well, technically you have to have a licence to convert de-activated weapons for airsoft. A friend of mine who runs an airsoft shop and site did the conversion for me. He's really into making airsofting WW2 weapons. The only person in the world currently who sells airsoft Stens and Brens. Here's his website: http://www.shootnscoot.co.uk/

At some point I'll remember to bring a photo of my enfields to work so I can post them here.

Here we go:

The airsoft armoury. My SG552, the tommy and the enfield. On the box in the background is my BB granade and M1911A1

armoury.jpg

The top one is the airsoft converted enfield. The bottom one is real. This photo was taken by request of the friend of mine who made the conversion to compare.

enfields.jpg

maybe I'm a douche for asking this, but then, what else is new? Anyway... killa, aren't toy guns kind of ruined for you having done, you know... the real thing?

I like airsoft. It's fun and keeps me in shape since I left the army.

There are very strict laws now on the converting and selling of imitation firearms in the UK, as in all illegal strict. Read the Violent Crime Reduction Act. However after some campaigning the Government has granted airsoft skirmishers a Specific Defence under Sect 36 of the Act. Resellers must be licensed and anyone seeking to purchase must have membership to a UKARA registered airsofting club or site.

At the moment it's not illegal for me to possess these guns, as long as I don't wave them about in public. However if I want to buy more weapons I gotta pull my finger out and get membership to my local site rather than just arrive and play.

I don't have any photos, but on Sunday I went shooting with the cadets. We were the first people to get to shoot the new cadet general purpose rifle, they call it the L98A2, it's different from the A1 because it's now a semi-auto instead of a manual, and thus has gas parts. It's also based off the L85A2, and therefore doesn't have problems with the bolt meeting the breech, although we still have to do a forward assist (something you may be familiar with Killa).

Anyway, my point is, I got to shoot 60 rounds and only had to cock it once, normal for most people, great for me considering I would have had to cock it at least 60 times to fire that many rounds previously. Also, I have a bruised collar bone from the recoil, totally worth it though.

Imitation guns are such a strange area... sometimes gun lobbies fight for them, sometime against. Even here a ban was considered on airsofts some years back... went through in Canada.

I tried laser tag once, and it pretty well winded me. Funny how easily toys can give you a workout.

Also, I have a bruised collar bone from the recoil, totally worth it though.

That means you need to work on your marksmans posture, soldier.

Yeah I figured it wasn't quite right, the sights were too close to my eye and my backs been aching since then too.