DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
killakanz

I Am The Stig!

For those who follow Top Gear, the first episode in the new series featured The Stig in the star interview, after a few moments of admittedly one sided interviewing by Clarkson, The Stig took his helmet off revieling underneath...

Michael Schumacher

There's word going round that this driver isn't the real Stig. BBC has confirmed that

Schumacher

was the driver in the white suit and helmet for the Ferrari FXX lap, but in my opinion he was only there to mark the first episode of the new series and the real Stig is still unidentified.

Thoughts?

Whether he is or not, he should be after the lap time he set in that Ferrari, that was crazy!

Yep, the 1:10.7 lap was quick, but it didn't count for the power lap board (the Gumpert is still on top) and isn't the quickest they ever had. The Stig took the Aston Martin DBRS9 round in 1:08.6 for example.

The top non-qualifying laps:

1. 0:31.2 – BAE Sea Harrier

2. 0:59.0 – Renault R24 Formula One car (Mildly moist)

3. 1:08.6 – Aston Martin DBR9

4. 1:10.6 – Caparo T1

5. 1:10.7 – Ferrari FXX (Not road legal)

6. 1:19.1 – Radical SR3

7. 1:22.6 – Westfield XTR2

The funny thing is though, Schumacherdidn't even score a time for the F1 drivers in a reasonably priced car board. In his attempt he stalled the Liana, bunny hopped it and finally got lost! I'm fairly sure he isn't the real Stig. He got

lost on the track!

Yeah it did. It's a roadlegal car and you can buy it. And it can probably get over speed humps.

Yeah it did. It's a roadlegal car and you can buy it. And it can probably get over speed humps.

It's not road legal. The Enzo is, but the FXX isn't. Also because they cost 1.5m Euros each and only 30 were made, the chances of you being able to buy one are somewhat slim.

It's still on the board. Well yeah, me ever getting one is not possible, but so are the chances of me getting a DB9. And I'd prefer the DB9 over that thing.

It's still on the board. Well yeah, me ever getting one is not possible, but so are the chances of me getting a DB9. And I'd prefer the DB9 over that thing.

Yes but the point is the DB9 is more readilly available. They've been in production since 2003 there are thousands of them.

Yeah, but it's still on the board. At least in the course of the show it was. also, I didn't need to edit the wikipedia article to prove me right :P.

I didn't need to edit the wikipedia article to prove me right :P.

wut?

I just quoted the lap times off the Wiki.

huh, it appears twice, on the power board and on the nonroadlegal one? Dunno, but they didn't take it off the board in the show.

It isn't street legal. That was Schumacher's FXX going round the track so you would expect him to get a fast time in his own car. I think the stig is just random F1 drivers each time tbh, there have been videos of him talking and he defo isn't german in them + watch his posture it changes. I think Scuhmacher was the first person to cross his legs which i noticed straight away which made me think it wasn't real :P

I love Top Gear. Unfortunately living in the USA I get my fix from iTunes. I thought if the Stig is reveled in anyway they must kill him off like the black Stig and a new Stig needs to take his place.