DerelictStudios Forums

go.jpeg

After a huge amount of time and effort, Blitz II has finally reached Release 3! It's time to jump! Go! Go! Go!

For those of you who just want to download it, here is the link:

BlitzII-banner-01.jpg

patch: R3.01

Here is the link to the manual:

BlitzII-banner-03.jpg

And here is a link to Hamachi which you will need to play online since the gamespy servers do not seem to work with many people's games any more:

hamachilogo.jpg

A huge number of people have contributed to this mod over its long life some of them need a really special mention.

Firstly thank you to Neo who has done so much work for the mod and whose unwavering enthusiasm kept me interested and committed.

Secondly a big thank you to Flyby. His efforts since the start of the mod are responsible for so many of the cool code tweaks that are in the final game. His willingness to share ideas meant for his own projects gave us many things we adapted and incorporated into the final mod. He is also responsible for some of the coolest models in the game. Thank you so much!

Another guy who needs a huge huge thank you is Topknot. I have no idea if he is ever likely to read this since he went AWOL and has never been seen since, but THANK YOU! Our model dump has a huge number of unfinished models, but so many of them were fixed up and UV mapped by Topknot. He saved me months of work by fixing these things up and raised the bar of quality. Even if he never hears of it, his work is hugely appreciated.

Thank you to Killakanz, some of our best models are his creations and he allowed us to shamelessly pillage his side-project for our own nefarious ends.

Many thanks to Logan for sharing his huge wealth of expertise and helping to create our weapon tables. These formed the basis of our unit stats and his attention to detail helped to create the anomaly of a historically accurate AND fun mod!

A massive thanks to our Beta team, especially the "old guard" who were committed to the mod even through the bleakest of times. The nigh-on fanatical commitment to this mod kept it going and alive, while the two years of beta testing and refinement has helped to refine it into one of the sharpest and most fluid RTS mods I have seen.

The former mod leaders and team all need to give themselves a huge pat on the back. While the team carrying the batton the final leg has been pretty small, the team past and present was vast. As I mentioned, many of the models that were part-done or half-done were completed and finally made it into the mod. Building something of this scale from scratch would have been daunting as hell, but having such a huge art pool to draw on saved countless hours and helped bring the release 3 to completion now rather than in 2012! Maybe "ex" team members are anything but with people still contributing and working on things, just not in a full-time capacity.

Finally thank you to everyone who plays and loves the mod, it would have been very hard to make it this far if we thought no one would want to play Blitz when it was done.

gwynocscar.jpg

Oh and thank you to my gold fish and to the neighbours dog and the cat and to all the little babies and children in the world.

Edited by DirtyHarryTAT

Jayyyy :) Finaly u guys are the best woo woo time for endless fun in blitz !!!

Grats and special hugs too korona for making this all possible!! u the best and Rap too :)

;)

Greetings

Supremacy :)

Hey hey, I'm fanatical about a mod too...

On another note, really, congrats team :). I am so gonna play this.

Congrats to all for the team effort....it was fun to work with you. With all the hours we spend on it during the last years, Korona and i are supposed to receive a huge amount of money from DS. So with all this cash im planning to take vacations and have a trip to....hold on, phone call.......

"What are you saying?...Phoib took all the money?...Not even a peso left? ...So this means we worked for free?...When are we going to get paid for this?...What?....Volunteers my a**! ...hello?...hello? " ...line cut off....

Well it seems the nice vacations are canceled.... All i can say is : have fun folks!!!!! :)

I made some of the maps, ;) Small Town Fatherland, Calm before the Storm, I think the shell map also, and some others, I don't even know if my maps are still in the game, it was fun creating them and playing them.

Holy crap, you mean it's actually release time? I had to check that it wasn't April 1.

Awesome!

A few of those models are mine as well. I always love seeing my work in a finished, polished form :). Great job to everybody involved, it was a long time coming and I'm glad to see this didn't end up as one of the many half-finished ZH mods out there. Fantastic job guys.

Amazing guys, been waiting so long for this :D

would someoen mind telling me the hamachi channel? i'd like to get a few games in with some people!

You missed out someone Korona...

Huge thanks to Korona, who took the mod by the scruff of the neck and pushed it towards final release, almost single handedly while the rest of us got busy on our own projects and jobs. If not for your dedication we would never have reached R3. Very well done.

Hail to the chief. The big bang is here! Oh yeah, and that sound the tiger crew makes when it dies, that u can barely hear, it's me - i did that. They say 'mein gott in himmel, arrrggghh, fur die fuhrer und der Korona'.

See forums for multiplayer guide and active player list.

Gr. Harry

Edited by DirtyHarryTAT

This is really amazing.

I still can't belive it.

Haha, I remember the first version of Blitz for RA2.

That was 7 years ago. (And a few of you guys were not even born then) :)

And I have been a fan ever since.

Edited by From Norway

I installed it and it said I had missing files, I have the first decade version of Generals, have never installed blitz anything before, this is my first install, and it just wanted to install to my program files folder so I let it.

what am I doing wrong :(

hello mr. korona, maybe i come with a bad news for ya. When I run the game, it crash !!! Please help me.

Edited by Faqih Izmi