DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DirtyHarry

Blitz2 Multiplayer Guide

Blitz2 Multiplayer Guide (2014)

First

We play on hamachi, which is a program that creates a LAN network over tcp/ip. No need for gamespy anymore.

hamachilogo.jpg

Get hamachi: https://secure.logmein.com/NL/products/hamachi/download.aspx. Install it, run it, and give it access in your firewall. Go to preferences (right button on hamachi) for settings - make sure ur hamachi name is the same as your ingame name.

2nd

Join a hamachi network, click on 'join existing network', or create a new one. I have made 1 network for multiplayer:

name: BLitzkriegMain

pass: blitz

Do note you can only play with people in the same network. Create a temporary new one if you have too (it's easy), and perhaps delete it afterwards to prevent pollution. Also you can go offline/online in each network, which prevents lag. The blitz official network ismaintained by DirtyHarry, contact him if you can't get access. Inactive players will be removed regularly. Please post a message here if you intend to use our hamachi network - otherwise you could be removed without warning to make room for a player with a request to join.

Do note Hamachi has a limited chat function. Right click on a player allows you to chat. Best to use is xfire, or messenger. Also we use a freeware version, so only a limited amount of players can connect. If you know a better VPN that allows more, please post below. Thanks in advance.

3rd

Start blitzkrieg, go into options, and chance your LAN-ip to the hamachi ip (the 5.111.111.111 or something address).

4th

Go to multiplayer in blitzkrieg, and select NETWORK instead of GAMESPY.

Now you are all set.

5th

Get connected with other players by signing up to the active player list with your xfire info. Download and install xfire, and add all the people on the active list. Then make a new room in xfire, or join the infamous 'blitz tonite' room. Invite all the friends you see on xfire into the room, and tell them the exact hamachi network + pw they need to join in order to play with you - create a new one if necessary.

xf_xfire_logo.jpg

6th

Go Forth and Lay Waste to your infernal Blitz2 Enemies. Report bugs, suggestions and prayers to Derelict Studios into the <b>Support forums</b>. Have fun!

Edited by DirtyHarry

Yes. Hamachi is lan over internet. If you read the post, it explains it.

Also you can ofcourse do reg lan games with the pc next to yours.

Gr. Harry.

Well, install it,

give it acces to your firewall,

run the program

let it do a search for your installed games,

then add people using add players - the xfire user names are in active player list, though atm not alot of people are actually active, except me :)

Gr. Dirty Harry

Well I do not have hamachi anymore, because my dad made me get rid of it.

He is paranoid about programs like hamachi.

So Is there any alernatives to hamachi?

Do not suggest redownloading hamachi again, if I get again and my dad finds out he will uninstall it and lock me out of my computer.

Edited by (2142)Gen.Reaper

Well I do not have hamachi anymore, because my dad made me get rid of it.

He is paranoid about programs like hamachi.

So Is there any alernatives to hamachi?

Do not suggest redownloading hamachi again, if I get again and my dad finds out he will uninstall it and lock me out of my computer.

Well Scratch that, my dad let me get Hamachi again!

On my home lan, which could play zero hour with no problems, I kept getting messages saying the games bummed or something like that. It was out of sync/game mismatch. I don't know what the reason for this was. I was playing the latest mac release of blitz2

what could the problem be?

On my home lan, which could play zero hour with no problems, I kept getting messages saying the games bummed or something like that. It was out of sync/game mismatch. I don't know what the reason for this was. I was playing the latest mac release of blitz2

All players have to have the exact same files or it will be gay. If someone has other mods installed it will sometimes interfere with blitz.

All players have to have the exact same files or it will be gay. If someone has other mods installed it will sometimes interfere with blitz.

no it should be identical :/

Only I installed the games.

Hmm, sounds strange. I know snow maps will do this. Except for my snow map winter fire (ground fire in game I think), anyways, my map seems to be the only one that doesn't suffer from the snow mm.

Try this, verify the zh folders are the exact same size, or very close. and look at the list to see if all the same files are present.

Also, if you're using the same cds, or keys even, zh might force this to happen. But if you have a separate key for each computer it wouldn't be a problem.

Hmm, sounds strange. I know snow maps will do this. Except for my snow map winter fire (ground fire in game I think), anyways, my map seems to be the only one that doesn't suffer from the snow mm.

Try this, verify the zh folders are the exact same size, or very close. and look at the list to see if all the same files are present.

Also, if you're using the same cds, or keys even, zh might force this to happen. But if you have a separate key for each computer it wouldn't be a problem.

yeah same cd key for zero hour :/ I could play zero hour fine though!!!

thanks shall do that!

do saved games matter for file size?

I tried multiple times to join Blitz2 Lobby1 2 and 3, but they are apparently always full.

Appology for our late reaction on the forums. There has not been much activity, so we only check these every now and then.

We used to play blitz via Hamachi, which was a free service. But since a couple of months now they turned down their service a bit, making it only possible for 5 people to connect, and since maybe a few weeks it doesnt seem to work at all (...). We are currently looking for an alernative program. Connection via EA games should still work (like reg zerohour), although probably with under 5 players and perhaps with some connecting issues.

The only active players that i know, is, well, just me. There are small groups here and there playing it on LAN, but i have no connection to them. So unless you want to play me, which i do not recommend, i guess your best option is to play your friends via a free VPN service like hamachi, one that you select and install yourself.

Should there be any updates from our side, we will let the public know via the forums.

Edited by DirtyHarry

We used to play blitz via Hamachi, which was a free service. But since a couple of months now they turned down their service a bit, making it only possible for 5 people to connect, and since maybe a few weeks it doesnt seem to work at all (...). We are currently looking for an alernative program. Connection via EA games should still work (like reg zerohour), although probably with under 5 players and perhaps with some connecting issues.

I like using Gameranger to connect and play via LAN, but it doesn't support Blitzkrieg II... yet.