DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DirtyHarry

Bug Listing For R3

Hi welcome all,

As you know R3 is finally here thanks to a massive effort of the blitz team. Please post any normal bugs you find with R3 in this topic. If you have installation issues or critical bugs that prevent you from playing - please post them in the designated topic.

Gr. Harry

Axis hummel fires across map, in huge salvo of like 6-8 rounds, destroying everything.

Axis hummel now has reload bar.

Axis hummel doesnt need to turn to fire, it fires in all directions.

Smoke from artillery causes huge devastation on own units.

Fewer axis planes available, just one pair of each yets, and the new fockewulf.

Edited by DirtyHarryTAT

The decline in Axis aircraft numbers was a historical product of their drive for jets; attrition in their qualified pilots (flying a jet of such primitive designs was hard) and a lack of the rare metals needed to create the engines.

The jet upgrade is optional - if you don't want them then don't get them and go with what many in the Luftwaffe wanted - continuing high levels of Me109 and Fw 190 production.

The Hummel is a complete fritz on my part I will patch it now.

I just played a game with DirtyHarry, and can attest to the power of the hummel (it literally destroyed 30 tanks at a time with one salvo from all the way across the map)...

I have also encountered a strange bug where large numbers of my units will suddenly self destruct. So far I've had it happen on Paris2 and a few other maps (can't remember the names). Nothing in particular seems to set it off, but I have noticed it occuring at times when P 47's are around (dropping their bombs). Not sure if that info is too vague to help, but it's at least worth noting.

I haven't seen any other show stopping bugs.

Korona, does this install have the "auto patch" thing in it? If so, that's great so everyone playing online over hamachi will be on the same page. If not, can you pretty pretty pretty please post any patches on the front page?

1. the renault ft-17's tracks are moving backwards when the tank itself moves forward.

2. the stug III F has a "MISSING OBJECT: stugIIIf" dialogue box whenever the mouse is pointed at it and i've noticed that the tank doesn't have any tracks, probably the tracks weren't included in the model file.

3. an allied rifle infantry, when attacking a bulldozer, keeps running in his position then would suddenly fire his gun and repeats this cycle

4. when a t34 fires its cannon, its barrel moves forward instead of moving backward

when playing fight like russians map in skirmish mode, a sound error happens, the game would stop and when you press enter (the only key you can press as other keys would do nothing) it would return you to desktop

Edited by Comrade General

I've found mostly a couple of missing object names, will post more bugs after further testing.

- The soviet I-16 shortcut at the side of the screen has missing controlbarname

- Stug3f missing name when i hover the mouse on it

- Sturmtiger does not unlock with rocket science1, i had to get 2 levels of heavy as well, don't know if it was intended the manual says rocket1 as requirement

- just minor bugs: in the skirmish screen the armies have missing tooltips, and at the map selection screen it says beat this map against a "brutal" enemy instead of hard (not a big deal)

About units suddently blowing up. Can you check if this happens when many of your anti-aircrafts units are shooting at a same target (enemy aircraft)? When i made the missions i had to remove many of the flak Vierling because of this.

About units suddently blowing up. Can you check if this happens when many of your anti-aircrafts units are shooting at a same target (enemy aircraft)? When i made the missions i had to remove many of the flak Vierling because of this.

Will do, but I'm almost certain that's not it, can it happen when other units are shooting at one unit? I've had this happen as the Russians and the Allies, and I could *maybe* see it happening with AA units as the Allies, but when it happened as the Soviets I didn't even have AA out anywhere. (Could it happen with bofors?).

I'll take a look at it. It seems very sporadic, but it sucks when it happens (losing $10,000 of stuff sucks a lot).

Yeah my guess is that it could happen with the Bofors too....On the missions it happend when many Vierlings were shooting at a single IL-2

light bombers and ground attack aircraft, notably the stuka, tend to arrive at thier destination hover for a bit then drop their bombs. When they drop their bombs they make some very wierd movements sometimes like jerking, jumping, the stuka also dives incredibly slowly and at wierd angles without making its banshee wail. Also they will sometimes attack targets other than the ones you designate that may be in their control area. For example you say attack that t34 and it will attack the kv1 nearby instead...

It's not a bug. You call in the bombers on a location, then you manually assign targets. Place the marker near but away from the enemy force, then guide them in.

As for the blowing up stuff, seemed to happen also when i fired smoke from artillery.

Il2 bug: when you call in il2, the first shot they fire really counts, can blow up a medium tank, does about half damage to a sturmtiger. Then they go on normal. Only noted this in my new coop map though, havent seen il2 in reg games yet.

Gr. Harry

When i click on the deploy smokescreen ability with the T-35 it starts shooting mg fire like mad, instead of releasing smoke

When the Soviets lose their HQ they lose lend lease (understandable). When the Soviets rebuild their HQ there is still no lend lease aid (bug).

Eventually all the technology will unlock. This probably is intentional, but I'm just noting it. (I think it limits strategy if you're playing a long game, but this isn't the place to discuss it, I'm just writing on the off chance it's a bug).

I noticed this bug tonight while playing. After my ally quit and I gained control over his airforce I couldn't use some of my own specials. I was the allies and he was the axis and I couldn't use my thunderbolts and early fighters. I believe it happened after I tried to build a stuka out of his airforce. Even after selling his airfield I couldn't use my thunderbolts and select fighters.

The second bug I noticed was that my dozer couldn't pick up on the money crates from ally supply. It just kind of pushed it around. I didn't check if any other unit could though so I'll get back to you on this one.

damn you guys are observant !

@ Miller. yeah superweapons have a limited number of id tags and they need to be unique. ZH doesn't have enough spare tags for unique tags on each different aircraft callin so each side "doubles up" on several tags. Since capturing doesn't exist in Blitz I figured this problem could never arise but I guess you found a loophole. All I can say is don't be building stukas as the allies :P

With crates, you can't pick them up yourself, only ones another player makes. If you take over his units then you can't collect his money crates. I think I will change that though cos it's fairly pointless.

Korona,

Can you give word on whether the full tree unlocking is intentional or not? And is it possible for lend lease to work again if you rebuild Soviet HQ or is that just a coding issue that you can't work around?

After a while the Easy Ais for the Soviets and Allies will stop building units and keep what remaining units they have in their base.

The Soviets stop after building their heavy factories, the Allies stop after building the magiont turrets and the getting the U.S Intervention

Edited by (2142)Gen.Reaper

- Units not moving on passable terrain in map "machina thunder".

- Artillery can only attack through "fire for effect".

- (Not a bug) Russian flamethrower troops and AT infantry speak in a funny English accent.

- The propel is not turning on the Axis paratroopers plane when it is damanged.

- The MG-42 has no ingame "pictures" in the lower right corner ingame. (where the radar and buildmeny is)

- Missing Objekt for the StuGIIIF.

- Missing Objekt for the sandbag defences.

- When I click on the hedge hog defences the ingame meny says "time until next drop: %D:%D"

Don't worry Wrath231...this Kursk map was an old version...problem will be fixed with the next patch. Thanks for report anyway :)

Thought about korona's inf reduction proposal and recon cars.

-Well zh engine only really supports a limited map size, and current blitz maps are of limited size, real recon missions and units are therefore not usefull.

-Giving tanks limited sight, and relying on armored cars be annoying. U would have your main group of tanks, and then send out a few cars, and try target the enemy, before the cars get wasted.

-For screening just infront of the mainforce, like skirmishers in total war, they can be usefull, but its not realistic to have a zillion of them, just a few, and they be shot fairly quickly.

-For skirmish, decoy and buffer and the general throwing stuff into the mix of battle, inf is very usefull from trucks etc, and gets quickly killed. Cars couldnt play that role, it just be tank vs tank.

You will need to come up with a viable replacement. Also dont forget wo2 feeling is all about men and metal. Don't forget the men, they are in the war movies, and blitz rides on that popular wo2 image.

Lag: in game lag is mainly cause by buildings, they can even freeze the game. Well known from ZH. Raptor even made a map, rodina, on which he put some 100+ buildings - and it froze at start, units unable to move. Player to player lag is ofcourse influenced by the amount of units, reducing inf might help.

Perhaps, you could make real skirmish units, incorporated into build options like t-34 / 3build, to reduce the amount of inf in total and the amount of inf deployed, and increase the use of light units like the bike, bren, m3halftrack, t-60 t-70 - and give players acces to real instant skirmish 'units' (as in division) - like a jeep + bren with 4 inf + locusts/stuart + m3 with AA // t60's + t70s + inf truck + mobile AA // pz2's + bikes + halftrack with inf. Just a thought, really.

You could make barracks only spawn specialized inf, like flamers and AT, building very slow, but make them very good for their intented use - like super tank killers short range, and super bunker killers (flamers). You could reduce the regular inf to carriers only, making them only available in combination with other light units.

Atm most units are being build, but the light ones alot lot less, bikes and t70, pz2, are almost a rarity.

The russians have their t-60 and t-70, when cheap, can fullfill the role inf now does for a bit, - but the germans have the aged pz2 only, and the allies the non buildable m3 locust and mail order stuart with baggage that gets replaced. Perhaps allied mail order light unit mix.

Maybe you can make 3-spamm options for locust, t60/70, pz2, bikes, and other light stuff if the above is not possible.

Or make a light divisions mail order options for all sides, so u can build your skirmish 'unit' with 1 click and throw it into battle.

You could even consider making (some) units by build order on factories - like order a panther division: aka 4 panther + 1 befehl + 1 bike spawn near factory.

Do note that might kill the old production feeling of zh. One doesnt want blitz to turn into a limited reinf, units on the map, fight only with units, build nothing, no economy, game. Cause then u can just buy blitzkrieg2 the game (instead of mod).

Here my thoughts stop for the moment.

Greetings, Harry

Edited by DirtyHarryTAT