DerelictStudios Forums
Count von Phoib

The End Of Command And Conquer?

Many have prophesied it, many have called "it" the previous two games, most of them due to , but now EA itself is announcing it: the epic conclusion of the Tiberium Saga! Just 15 more days before we can see the trailer, and despite the fact that the game is again being marketed as "Fast, Fluid and Fun", they cannot go broke anymore, even if they would feature Kane in a pink tutu.

Why such an affection you ask? Why aren't we waiting for all the details before we judge?

small1421ds_news_1421_cc4_screen01.jpg small1422ds_news_1422_cnc4-concept-art-0

Because the game has a ton of sexy mechs. Thats why.

Is this the end of the tiberium based story arc in the C&C series, or does this mean they're dropping the C&C moniker altogether, i.e. no Generals 2 or whatever?

I'm pretty sure they just mean the end of this chapter of the Tiberium storyline.

Indeed, EA isn't done sucking the cashcow yet!

Talk about your schizophrenia - first mechs are impractical, and now mechs are everywhere!

Gosh guys, I really dunno what to say...the end. I mean you knew it was coming. But yeah, it seems like this kind of chapter is closing, another one opening after this. This story seems more interesting in either case - I already figured that Nod and GDI would eventually be fighting for the same goals.

Oh and on a side note, that render must be of Korean based GDI forces or something (you can see the flag on the Prowler tank).

The buildings look cooler, the tanks and shit look cooler...I dunno, just maybe, MAYBE, they might be doing it right this time.

Maybe.

Then again, Raj already threw out Fast and Fluid...

And Sam Bass's face just makes me wanna punch it.

EDIT - reading through the features so far...I am so far not amused.

Edited by IconOfEvi

If you look at the big battleship/carrier in the sky, you can see an American flag on the side. Either they are adding in national sub factions for the 2 global powers (like RA2) or the units will be from specific nations, all fighting together. (korean tank forces, US air forces, etc)

Well they do technically exist, but the United Nations really is the power broker, through UNGDI. Indicators of this evolution have been in all three/four CNCs

Edited by IconOfEvi