DerelictStudios Forums
katmoda 12

Problem With Patch 3.01

My first post :

To begin OT :i think your mod is really great, thank you sooo much. I'm trying to write down a simplified manual for the allies because as i've seen in other community your mod is labelled as strange (you know... always tha same things: strategic bombers that disable, 25 type of tank for each faction, no airfields bla bla bla..) and i don't want the people to understand wrongly your work and passion.

You gave this mod such a unique feelings and a unique type of gameplay that i want to sustain you in my way (first time ever in my 2-years-long mod-watcher life, i'm usually the guy that takes everything without saying or adding anything).

Since that there was the famous problem of 12 exp point at 1945 in the tech tree and the hummel overpowerness you released a while ago the 3.01 patch.

I can't make it work, it says that the old file can't be found. i've tried to unistall the whole mod and reinstall it and aplly the patch but it doesn't work.

Don't tell that i have to reinstall the whole ZH and without others mods installed... plz

Thank you very much

Well thank you for posting.

Hmmm, well if people don't understand, there is a manual with video's that explain all kinds of stuff about blitz, including strategic bombing.. I hope people find their way there, if not perhaps we could write a training mission or something, or perhaps are more detailed guide, even though its quite exhaustive already. We could include a new video to the manual explaining the intent of blitzkrieg: realism + historical accuracy. But we probably won't bother, if people can't use a link to the manual, or do not appreciate realism, there is really no helping them.

Thanks for taking the effort to write a guide for the allies, i'm sure it will clear some things up for some people.

About your error: people have had the same error, including myself, and it was fixed by reinstalling the mod and then applying the patch... Blitz should definitely work on a fresh install of zh + 1.04 patch. I'll ask the head chief about this and will get back to you.

Gr. Harry

Talked to the chief, here you go:

About the old file error (korona):

the files aren't what the patch expects

maybe run worldbuilder

then run the game

make sure they both closed down perfectly

then restart

then try to run the patch

if the game wasn't closed properly then maybe the file extensions were incorrect

but the patch just wants a v104 ZH with blitz v3.0 on it

Bottom line: if you don't get it to work, make sure you have a fresh clean install of zh + 1.04, then apply R3, then patch it. Should work, it does for the rest.

Make sure your install dir of zh isn't polluted with leftover stuff from previous installs, other mods etc. Make sure your registry doesn't contain any junk info on maybe old installs of blitz. Make sure sure that you install zh blitz and patch to the same directories.

I hope this does it for you, perhaps not the answer you wanted, sorry.

Gr. Harry

Now that's great!!

I have an high modified installation of The First Decade with a lot of mod with launchers that actually doesn't pollute the original files, but i reached a point in witch reinstall everything takes me at least one hour (map packs, patch, firewall ports, ect ect).

I will try the world builder etc now.

About people not understanding the game:

Well.I know that there are manuals and video training, but you can understand that a lot of units mean that the purpose of each units must be understand in order to play a game that is not massing every new tank that pops up after promotion thinking to get the best on show on that particular moment of the game.

It took me about two week to understand the depth of this mod (that's fair,it takes you 4 year). and the peculiar fact that every faction's overall strategy change during the progression of the game make this mod like a "spore" RTS. for example does people understand the difference between Sherman Firefly and Cromwell? (they seem a redundancy, but a deep analisys reveal they are not). this is the purpose of my guide/overview/strategy to enlights things that are not obviuos like why should one lose the -oh so much love- stukas for jets? it'a a trade-off that involve a lot of units and a feature like that can't be seen in today's RTS, a trade off that not everyone is capable of taking, and i'l try to explain why one should.

Well to explain the subtleties of blitz would take alot of pages. Most people want to install and play. They won't read manuals or care to. So we just did some basics.

Good luck,

Gr. Harry

I can't make it work, it says that the old file can't be found. i've tried to unistall the whole mod and reinstall it and aplly the patch but it doesn't work.

Same problem here. Even after a full reinstall of The First Decade, even after running both the game itself and the world-builder and shutting both down with no problems, the 3.01 patch does not work. I have tried several different downloads from several different sources, and in each case the outcome is identical and unsuccessful. Although it appears to *try* to run (ie: the download opens, displays a window filled with an odd cross-hatched pattern, and displays a "Software obtained etc. etc." bar with an [Okay] button to click), it summarily aborts as soon as it begins to update, simply splashing a small "Update Aborted [Okay]".

Until at some distant future date, when whatever is causing this problem is fixed, is the game playable - and enjoyable - minus the 3.01 patch? Or will I experience a large number of bugs (glaring, minor, or otherwise)?

Edited by Tommy

I can't tell you more than i told in the previous post.

The patch wants to see a clean install of ZH + patch 1.04, and blitzr3. Make sure u install it all to the same dir, try using the default dir all the way.

Run a regscanner to detect old install junk.

What version of which windows do you have? Make sure XP has sp1 sp2 and sp3.

Yes you can play blitz r3 fine without the patch. Just don't use the hummel artillery, its totally bugged.

Make sure you run windows in administrator mode.

Greetings, DirtyHarry

Edited by DirtyHarryTAT

I can't tell you more than i told in the previous post.

The patch wants to see a clean install of ZH + patch 1.04, and blitzr3. Make sure u install it all to the same dir, try using the default dir all the way.

Run a regscanner to detect old install junk.

What version of which windows do you have? Make sure XP has sp1 sp2 and sp3.

Yes you can play blitz r3 fine without the patch. Just don't use the hummel artillery, its totally bugged.

Make sure you run windows in administrator mode.

Greetings, DirtyHarry

Thanks for the swift reply, DirtyHarryTAT. I'll pop-back & fully try this mod in about 12 months or so once the development process has hopefully ironed the installation bugs out. Cheers, and Happy Gaming! :)