DerelictStudios Forums
INTERFERON

Tutorials Needed

Hello everbody,I need model creation tutorials for C&C Generals ZH,especially about aircrafts,infantries,Super Weapon structures.My experience levels on following programs like so;

BIG Editor(FinalBIG) = % 90 (I've good experience on dependings between ini and BIG files.

Photoshop = %80 (I know the use alpha channels,features of file formats(.tga, .dds ;Also I installed the dds plugings for Photoshop from Nvidia web site.)

Autodesk 3DS Max 2010 = %70 (I use this program since 1 month yet.But I've experienced quickly.)

RenX = %70 (This program seems like the condense of 3ds max.Same experience level with 3ds.)

Thank u very much for your helps friends.Hope to hear from u soon.

Dear Killakanz,firstly I want to say a great "Thank You" for your tank modeling tutorial that you explained quiet simple.I understood totaly how creating a tank by your tutorial.Now,I've only 1 question about tank modeling and reason of I've still question is you didn't write this on your that tutorial.(Probably it's in your another tutorial) My question is;

How can I create team colors? I need help about this.

Thank u very much again and again to firstly Killakanz and all other helper friends.

(Sorry for my English,I'm a Turkish and it's my 2nd lang. like you understood.)

How can I create team colors? I need help about this.

For which game?

For Generals, it's simply a case of naming objects; 'HOUSECOLOR01', 'HOUSECOLOR02' etc. These objects can have a texture in greyscale for details, but will still work without a texture.

In C&C3, team colours are done purely in the Spec map texture.

The Spec map is the most complex as it does 3 different effects in the game - gloss, reflection and housecolor.

The Specular (gloss/shine) is the red channel. The best way to set it up is to copy your texture an remove the blue and green channels so you end up with a black/red image, then adjust the contrast so it's mostly black with red on the shiny parts of the model. The brighter the red, the more it will shine.

Then you can mask and fill reflective surfaces in the green channel with a 50% grey. Glass surfaces for example should appear as a yellowish green on the specular map.

Finally, the blue channel is used for the Housecolor. It tends to glow, in general the brighter the blue the brighter it glows (best to use 50% grey again), but it's appearance depends on the shader you use. Nod units for example use an animated texture which overlays the blue channel on the spec map, creating a pulsing effect

04.jpg

Thank u very much for answer Killakanz.I've a very serious mod project for Generals ZH.I cleared the teamcolor problem after I read your tank tutorial 2nd time.But now I've another question;I created a simple tank.It has some additional meshes,and I want to learn which meshes need attach to which meshes?I mean just linking process is enough?Maybe image will help you to understand my question well.

JustTESTnotstudiedwell.jpg

Thank u very much for your benevolenting Killakanz.

post-7227-1250988462_thumb.jpg

Turret lid has team colour? If yes, Link to turret.

Chassis Wings Attach to chassis.

Treads Link to chassis.

Antenna Link or Attach to turret

Attach will form one object from the two parts. This is fine for details like the chassis wings or the turret's antenna. For Team colour objects and treads, you do not want this. They need to link, so they stay as two parts but move about together.