DerelictStudios Forums
Count von Phoib

Find All Movie Clips!

Has anyone actually seen the prisoner? It sounds like a really cool series.

Yeah, someone has.

... forty years ago.

Oh so now cos it's old we don't watch it? Come on man, Fawlty Towers, Mission Impossible, Thunderbirds. You can't dismiss classic shows because they are old.

There's a modern remake of the Prisoner? The original is one of the most awesome things ever made for television.

There's a modern remake of the Prisoner? The original is one of the most awesome things ever made for television.

The remake has Ian McKellen, so I'm somewhat interested.

I think that it's (original) Prisoner clips in that video. If it's good I would defiantly want to check out the original though. Presumably the remake would be BSG-esque in that I feel you can appreciate it more if you have seen the originals.

Oh so now cos it's old we don't watch it? Come on man, Fawlty Towers, Mission Impossible, Thunderbirds. You can't dismiss classic shows because they are old.

Absolutely right. Setting aside the technological advances, Fawlty Towers has more talent and creatively than almost anything else you can find. They also just released the complete, remastered series in a box set, so check it out yourselves. Also, check out BBC Video’s Fawlty Towers Remastered ‘lookalike contest’ where you can win a SIGNED DVD from John Cleese, with winners being selected by the man himself! If you’re game, head over to http://tr.im/fawltycontest before 11/15 to get in on this bloody awesome opportunity!

Has anyone actually seen the prisoner? It sounds like a really cool series.

My Dad has all the originals on DVD. I got bored of it but it depends on taste. Rover didn't seem very scary to me...