DerelictStudios Forums
Count von Phoib

Command And Conquer Zombiefied?

Just a week after EA decided to lay off 1,500 people, including a sizable percentage of the Command and Conquer team (Mastermind and Greg Black among them), Gamasutra reports:

It's also noted that Might and Magic creator Jon Van Caneghem, who recently "transitioned out" of his role as president of Trion World Networks, has joined EA to lead the Command and Conquer brand with "a new digital model that is going to re-ignite the fan base for this franchise."

I for one am absolutely thrilled about the idea of a Command and Conquer 5, following months after C&C4, the game that is "not fast, not fluid and certainly not fun", and I am certainly delighted by the notion of us fans being pictured as puppies, happily barking at every little bone that is tossed our way.

Hopefully, and I do say hopefully with my fingers crossed - they just let the franchise rot and die, with no more input. Here's to hoping.

Of course, asking for Sperry and Bostic to get the rights again would be asking way too much of the Old Man Upstairs.

Hell, we could just get Phoib a cookie to bash his keyboard for half an hour, we'd get something better.

Perhaps we should make CnC.

Why set your goals so low? C&C is shit scifi. We could do much, much better than that.

btw, hit me up on MSN sometime, remind me of this post :P