DerelictStudios Forums
Korona

What A Quality Bloke:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/08/18/...in5250168.shtml

Nice drugs ban you've got going there :lol:

TBH the most amazing part is that the guy not only disarmed this cunt but also kept his cool. I'm surprised that once he was disarmed he wasn't thrown to the floor and pummelled, but no he somehow also kept his nerve and gets the guy under control. Amazing.

I like how everybody else just stands around and stares while they wrestle. Good to know people are equally shitheaded everywhere.

1. Those are kids.

2. The man clearly had it under control. Any "help" would just turn it into a big brawl.

3. It's called self preservation. Not everyone can be Steven Seagal.

This would not have happened if he was armed.

Nice.

Edited by Windows V

It's quite easy to take a pistol out of someone's hand if they're pointing it one-handed at you if you know the right technique. A single swift move and I can have the gun in my hand, surprised a mate at airsoft once.

Kudos to him for trying.

An Israeli Krav Maga instructor put the success rate at 60% over a distance of 5 meters, double handed hold.

'tis why soldiers are trained to keep double handed hold on pistols, so much harder to snatch one than it is with single handed holds.

Also the accuracy improvements with the second hand steadying, but that's a secondary matter :P

Well that would only happen if he put it in his back pocket and wandered over to the police station.

What is the success rate Phoib? Of disarming the shooter or of him killing the other person?

Without knowing extenuating circumstances it's hard to really pass judgement. Maybe he pleaded guilty and was only running coke to feed his 5 starving orphaned siblings. I dunno what he was even charged with, he didn't hurt anyone so maybe just possession of an firearm without a licence.

Pointing it in someones face and firing shots in the street is going to call for a stronger sentence than just posession, it might even constitute assault.

Without knowing extenuating circumstances it's hard to really pass judgement. Maybe he pleaded guilty and was only running coke to feed his 5 starving orphaned siblings. I dunno what he was even charged with, he didn't hurt anyone so maybe just possession of an firearm without a licence.

See this is the kind of bullshit that made your nation go from ruling the world to falling apart with more surveillance cameras than Vegas.

Veteran turns found gun into police - gets convicted and may get up to 10 years in prison.

Gangbanger assclown takes potshots with smuggled gun around kids, and points it in someone's face at point blank range - boooo hoooo oh how society has failed him and he has life circumstances that led him to violence! Let's give him three years.

Y'know what, you deserve all the crazy ass muslims. Sorry Killa, I know you live there too.

At least we know killa will fight...until he is put in for 20 years for 'racist motivated aggravation'. :(

There, he can witness the entire prison being ripped apart because the Muslims demanded the toilets not face Mecca.

You don't get my point. I'm not saying to go easy on him, I am saying it may have been a blank gun, maybe he pleaded guilty, perhaps he shopped his gang leader. Who knows? Unless you know how the court drama played out then you can't know if the sentence was appropriate. I don't believe our massive prison population speaks of a lenient court system. I don't see why anyone would think this case was different.

That veteran (Mr Clarke) guy got 5 years because that is the mandatory minimum sentence for a sawn-off shotgun. Justice is blind, if they didn't go soft on him why would they go soft on some yardie?

He was a retard though, he didn't even give any indication to the police that he was going to bring in a gun. Who walks into a police station with a sawn off shotgun without at least notifying them beforehand?

http://www.expatua.com/forum/index.php?topic=5083.0

Read that thread, the 2nd post at least. It suggests a bit more about why he is at least "a little bit weird". However, mandatory sentencing does suck, I don't agree with the reasons for it.

Oh and thanks for the vote of confidence. Of course I would fight against a Muslim Calphate. I just don't share your hysteria about them being poised to take over the country :P