DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DirtyHarry

The First Decade

Hi all,

If you have The first Decade, and got blitz to work on it including patch r3.01 - please post how you did it.

Windows version, install paths (default or not default), pc specs, etc.

It be a great help for the people with TFD.

Greetings, Dirty Harry

Ok, I have discovered why the patcher doesn't work with tfd, in the tfd it installs zh with a different directory name

Command & Conquer(tm) Generals Zero Hour

the little fucks it over, removal of these characters allows it to patch, I did how ever get some bull about a missing ini entry missing registry or something, w/e.

How ever, when I patch it and rename the folder back, I get the ol' error 1B please reinstall so who knows.

But, I believe now the patcher should come with a path selector, it would help. I will continue playing with it until I can make it work.

LMAO, ok, since it's a vista on this laptop, it seems if you right click the launcher and hit run as admin it decides to work suddenly. Man what a load of bull shit. How ever this discovery and the seemly mastering of the zh directories has given me a raging erection... no harry, not a flowerbed

Just played an entire game with no MM, and the other player had xp and 4 disks, if he'd like to verify.

In some cases you may need to move the entire EA folder into program files (the one that doesnt have the x86), in addition to renaming the folder, make sure to move them back after patching

Edited by Comrade Raptorkov

Hi raptor, welcome back.

So it's a case of a bad install path name it seems? Probably goes on in the registry.

You simply made it work by launching in admin mode? meaning the 1b error disappeared?

You got the 1b error originally when u launched after patching, or after u applied patch?

Gr. DirtyHarry

Hi raptor, welcome back.

So it's a case of a bad install path name it seems? Probably goes on in the registry.

You simply made it work by launching in admin mode? meaning the 1b error disappeared?

You got the 1b error originally when u launched after patching, or after u applied patch?

Gr. DirtyHarry

Yes I got 1B after patching and trying to launch, after renaming the folder ofcourse, but right clicking and hitting run as admin it works.

So if i get this:

You install TFD clean.

Then you rename the folder of ZH from ''Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour'' to ''Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour''.

Then you install R3 and patch it.

Then you go into the zh folder, and lauch blitz2.exe in admin mode?

Gr. Dirty Harry

Also yes.

But the only difference is that I didnt rename the folder before I patch 3.01, R3 worked very well with my x64 Windows 7.

Also yes.

But the only difference is that I didnt rename the folder before I patch 3.01, R3 worked very well with my x64 Windows 7.

I had to rename the folder in windows 7 to get the patch to work, I also had to move the entire zh directory. At least I don't have to run as admin in windows 7.

Oké I need some help.

I stil have an issue instelling the BlitzIIPatchR3.0-3.01 patch. => Error-message : Old file does not exist

I tried to run it as administrator from the desktop & the following location : C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Command & Conquer The First Decade\Command & Conquer Generals

My Operating System is vista 64kb

the zero hours is installed with the first decade = latest patch

I can play the 3.0 without issiue's

Edited by pinbag

Man pinbag, scroll up and read my posts, they go over all this.

how to install patch and play tfd in vista/windows 7

Ah *beep* i looked over it <_<

Ill try it right away!!!

edit: oke sorry my post was wrong = the install is on C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Command & Conquer The First Decade\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour

Ill look further into it.

Update: Im currently copying the entire EA games to the regular program files

C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer The First Decade\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour => tested update => same error as my previous post ^^

Edited by pinbag

It worked for me, when you moved it to regular program files, did you also remove the tm from the zh dir?

yup