DerelictStudios Forums
killakanz

Fuck You Iran.

But then all the world would be screaming at us like they did before Iraq. I do recall the million man marches in Europe....

Fucked if you, fucked if you don't.

(I suppose this is the post WWI apathy Americans had)

On a related note, Iran recently demanded 1 trillion dollars from Iraq as war compensation for the Iran-Iraq War, as well as seized a disputed oil rig in a disputed field.

dr_evil.jpg

(also, what can Britain do, besides commandos? Barely held the Falklands, sad to say. And if Korona has his way, that will even be untenable in another war)

Edited by IconOfEvi

The British army is fighting and dying in Helmand if you didn't notice, so I don't think that kind of comment is really necessary.

And ohh noo Iran slapped us, oh help us they have crappy weapons and short range ballistic missiles that can't reach the UK, what are we going to doooooo?? Are they going to kidnap another Navy crew and make the women wear bhurkas?? Oh help us from the noble and just Lion of Persia!

For every one hajji that takes up an AK and actually shoots at a foreigner, or who makes a bomb... about 50,000 will make signs, protest and claim death to America/UK/Denmark/Germany/whatever as though it matters.

(also, what can Britain do, besides commandos? Barely held the Falklands, sad to say. And if Korona has his way, that will even be untenable in another war)

What are you talking about? We had no forces there when Argentina invaded because at the time we didn't think anyone would. They met mainly civilian guerrilla resistance in the initial invasion. In response we only sent a task force and Argentina suffered a decisive defeat. We still have a reasonable force stationed there today since Argentina still stake a claim on the islands in their constitution.

I was invited to spend 4 months there.

http://unity4iran.posterous.com/

Street life in Iran

I think the decisive factor in the falklands was the arrival of the nuclear hunter-killer sub, there was no way argentine vessels could operate near the islands once that thing arrived (thanks The Sun for telling the world about it though)

killa, if the Argentinians had even got ONE supply ship, or had been smart enough to extend the airstrip on the island before the taskforce arrival, the taskforce would have had to leave (the combat radius would been not hampered then). It was for the most part extreme luck, and the Argentinians were real stupes, and in political instability. If they ever had a determined attack again, I doubt the island would hold. With that much griping about carriers in UK...yeah.

Also, it is a shame so many Iranian women must have those hijabs or whatever.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/8435007.stm

Spontaneous support for the government(!) honest! Who is this aimed at? Why does Iran claim they don't want the outside world to interfere, but then play to international opinion? It makes no sense.

@ Icon, Stanley was bombed badly by the Black Buck raids and then in more raids from Harriers. They wouldn't have been able to use it for high tech aircraft even if they wanted to, they need very good quality surfaces as you know.

Dunno what you are banging on about anyway. On the one hand you say the RN back then got by on a wing and a prayer but now you are saying the modern RN is oh so under-equipped they could never do the Falklands again. One QE class carrier can carry more fighters than the crammed to the gills Invincible and Hermes could combined (40 vs 34). The fleet was using two ASW carriers for a fleet role. The QE class would be very much at home in a Falklands type scenario, as an example of what the RN can't do, its probably the worst example.

If you really want to keep on about the Falklands, why not resurrect the thread? I'm sure there has been one.

Fuckers got our flag all wrong, if they're going to attempt and offend us or what ever they're doing they should do it right.

What are you talking about? We had no forces there when Argentina invaded because at the time we didn't think anyone would. They met mainly civilian guerrilla resistance in the initial invasion. In response we only sent a task force and Argentina suffered a decisive defeat. We still have a reasonable force stationed there today since Argentina still stake a claim on the islands in their constitution.

This is why you loose wars to farmers.

Edited by Comrade Raptorkov

My point being is that Im emphasizing how Britain has little ability to operate independently now. I mean at most, its some crappy small carriers, and Iran can hit those.

Iran vs the UK would not fair easy or well for the UK, especially if they're still in Afghanistan.

It's kind of irrelevant though since if Iran goes to war with any NATO nation every one will hop on that gangbang plus Israel and possibly Russia just for the shits and giggles.

Seriously, they've been a 'badguy' for years now and they're a lot less scary than North Korea.

My point being is that Im emphasizing how Britain has little ability to operate independently now.

And America has? You wouldn't even take on Iraq alone. Twice.

Stanley was bombed badly by the Black Buck raids

Badly in the sense that of the few bombs that we managed to get over there, only one hit the runway. It was largely pointless, a harrier strike or two with the right bomb would do far more damage in far less time, for far less money.

Stanley was bombed badly by the Black Buck raids

Badly in the sense that of the few bombs that we managed to get over there, only one hit the runway. It was largely pointless, a harrier strike or two with the right bomb would do far more damage in far less time, for far less money.

One bomb was enough to put that runway out of commission.

killa, the Bushes assembled the Coalition Of The Willing to make it look as if it wasn't a purely American war being waged 'on Muslims'. But a look at the troops numbers says otherwise :o...

In the first war, the Syrians, the Egyptians, the Saudis - they weren't NEEDED, the latter simply for their basing facilities. Likewise, the second war...we didn't NEED anyone. The halp is appreciated, but considering the government is going through a WTF WHY'D WE DO THAT moment, I'd say you guys are not very happy at being part of the war either.

tl;dr, basically the help was awesome and shit, but its not like we would have lost the war without Britain, or everyone. Its kind of like in HoI2, where you are a strong USSR, and little Estonia makes you declare war or something. You don't NEED the help of Hungary, or Romania, or Poland, or Albania, but shit, its appreciated.

Anyways, thats neither here nor there. As for North Korea...yikes :/

Edited by IconOfEvi

Ah well. Poor Iran, such nice people such a shitty government.

As for the Falklands...

I still think that the 3rd Reich i mean Argentina would have won that, if General Oberst El Loco DirtyHarry had done an outflanking manoeuvre using 2nd Panzer equipped with water skiis.

The only thing the Argentines had as far as i know that could threaten the fleet were those F4 phantoms or whatever they are called. They managed to damage a ship by flying under the radar.

As far as the islands go, if they had brought in a lot of troops to fortify the islands like the japs did in ww2, i don't know what the Brits could have done, staging an amphibious assault like those in the pacific ww2 are beyond probably their capabilities. However sinking Argentinian shipping is not. The Argintines would have to give it up eventually, no way they would beat the royal navy.

And as history shows they were pretty much crap, with a dictatorial unpopular government and all - so they lost.

Gr. DirtyHarry

Someone's been reading about the Indian rebellion it seems. The people that made those bullets aren't doing any favours to the majority of Americans who want to try and shake the fat/stupid stereotype, by claiming lard is the answer to fighting terrorism.

Well, i think you accidentally stumbled on the root cause of islamic uprising against the west. They only see fat pigs, and want to do Allah's bidding. You should attempt to rewrite the koran and include a passage on the sanctity of Mc.Donalds and KFC.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(how infrequently do I post here lawlz)...

Hey Korona, I also heard from a former Marine that over in Afghanistan British SAS were dipping their bullets into pigs blood. Somehow, I believe it...

Supposedly, Pershing also successfully used pig blood or something to deter Islamists during the Philippine Insurrection