DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Le_Poisson

Good World War Ii Rts/strategy Games?

Just wondering what you guys thought were the best WW2 RTS games (or larger scale strategy games). I remember looking at one that looked really great years back but can't for the life of me remember its name :(

So thought I'd turn to you guys and get your opinions. Before anyone does it, yes Blitz2 is a great WW2 RTS. Ok, I know!

Theater of War was quite good, decent accuracy, fairly large scale.

And the good modding tools gave a good opportunity for some silliness.

I've also just found out they have a sequel coming...

Of course there's also Blitzkrieg II

I enjoy men of war, and they have that red tide expansion out now.

I'm considering order of war, it looks pretty interesting.

This game looks interesting.

RUSE looks amazing.

hehe

War Front, the game that asks, what if?

sudden strike 3

Ruse needs to come out, it looks like something different for a change (not necessarily super realistic, but different and something I'd REALLY be interested in playing).

I might give Theatre of War a shot. Men of War, I don't like the individual controlling aspect of it. It makes me feel like I'm super micro managing, and I found the demo ridiculous. War Leaders looks like a mish mash of HOI III and Company of Heroes or some generic WW2 RTS. I have a feeling it's going to not fulfill the grand strategy nor RTS shoes very well, but I hope I'm proven wrong!

But yeah, Ruse, I hunger for that game now that I've looked into it some.

I disagree about MOW, if you like tactical games you will enjoy some of the SP stuff, the issue is that they put a lot of different mission types in which don't all work very well.

RUSE was delayed thanks to Ubisoft gayness. Order of War looked good but the demo crashed out for me, so I dunno how it actually is.

Mostly though I dislike the attempts to make WW2 simulators which is what most of these games are. The AI just isn't good enough to avoid frustration and if you think about it a pure simulator would mean battles lasting for days. They should abstract more to just take the coolest stuff from WW2 like COH did, but on a bigger scale.

Surprised Company of Heroes hasn't been mentioned. Great game.

edit: nevermind. dammit. still a great game.

Edited by weston