DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mehman

Gordon Brown's A Massive Ass

But she WAS a bigot, one of those "too many immigrants" types

She definatley is(and rather rude, according to the transcript she never let him finsih), but man, what a slip. :D

I just love it when things go bad for Gordon Brown.

Yeah the #1 problem is that many people agree with her racism so will feel like Brown is saying they are bigots too. He's such a muppet.

I don't get it, since when is bigot is a naughty word? Does it have a stronger connotation in Britain? From what I gather he was using the word appropriately to describe another person's behavior... he should stand up for himself and say 'yeah, I said that, 'cause she IS bigoted in her opinions'

Bigot doesn't have a very strong connotation but it is still negative. Most of us are guilty of bigotry in some form but it's politically unacceptable.

But getting caught slagging off a voter, behind her back, for expressing views the majority of voters would agree with is not a good thing to do during your election campaigns.

I'm kind of disappointed he left his spine at home when dealing with this faux paus, but I don't see many good ways out of this for him.

I actually kind of feel bad for Brown. He was hoping to go in as his own man, not as the legacy of Blair.

But again, only slightly, for they are both cockmonglers. Brown moreso than Blair.

I can't say I feel particularly strongly about him, which is more than can be said for most of the Conservative front bench. Mild apathy is probably the best any politician can hope for... Except Obama of course...

A hung parliament is barely a win. If anything, it shows that everyone lost.

I'm actually suprised Labour got as many votes as they did. Their popularity seemed to have dropped sharply over the last few years and I was expecting everyone to vote, not so much to get someone else in, but to get Labour out.

Thing is though I never will understand how seats are won. BNP got 542,387 votes and UKIP got 871,958, yet neither win seats. But Green party with a mere 269,866 got one.

It's what happens when you get a hung parliament. They start teaming up.

That's not saying a lot :P

Put it this way, according to a "who to vote for" webzone I agree with around 66% of the lib dem's policies and around 50% of the conservatives ones. The main difference is their views on proportional representation and that George Osbourne is a massive cock.

If the conservatives would give them electoral reform they would form a pretty good coalition.

Thing is though I never will understand how seats are won. BNP got 542,387 votes and UKIP got 871,958, yet neither win seats. But Green party with a mere 269,866 got one.

I'm guessing it goes by districts, so a those 269,000 votes cast in one area can win a seat, but a bunch of scattered votes all over the place will win none. It's not about how many voted what way, but where they are from.

Its official

(Comparatively) right wing and far left have formed a coalition

I'd have to have seen it to believe it

UK politics are not as polarized as American ones, to paint the Lib dems as all left, or the Conservatives as all right seems folly. In fact, Labo(u)r seemed like their most right wing party in terms of foreign/domestic policy, perhaps not with economics though in the 2000s. The Lib Dems are basically their not-quite-Greens, and the Conservatives/Labour are basically whatever the other one isn't.

You want to see some weird right and left wing alliances start looking into Canadian political history. For a short while they actually had a Conservative Liberal Party. No shitting.