DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
killakanz

Alan Wake Pc Release Cancelled

Remedy Entertainment, those behind PC stalwarts Max Payne and its sequel, have decided that Alan Wake will no longer be coming to PC. In an announcement made by a Microsoft spokesperson yesterday, it was revealed that the game would instead be exclusive to the Xbox 360 system, making for a more “compelling” experience.

Given that PC gamers have now been waiting for the game for five years, this is sure to come as something of a blow – especially when you consider that they made the announcement just a few months before the game is due to release. Read on for the full quote from Microsoft.

“Some games are more suited for the intimacy of the PC, and others are best played from the couch in front of a larger TV screen. We ultimately realised that the most compelling way to experience “Alan Wake” was on the Xbox 360 platform, so we focused on making it an Xbox 360 exclusive. Both Microsoft and Remedy have long histories in PC game development. This decision was about matching this specific game to the right platform.”

What an absolute bullshitty reason. Bigger screen and sofa? My arse! When I really get into a game all I can see is my monitor and I don't give a shit about how comfortable I'm sitting. That reason makes no fucking sense to backstab the legions of PC users following it's development. Grow some balls and admit you were having problems with the PC version and decided to go the lame-arse easy escape route onto a simpler platform.