battle of russia - bad posi

battle of stalingrad - bad posi

killing fields

russo german front - xp bug, no neo script

the big one - neo got a better map

bunkers - no build area bug

world war ii - neo got a better map

europe reshrunk - bad posi

All these bugs are fixed for the maps for 3 players or more. All 2 players maps are removed cause they are now too small for the new weapons range.

All 2 players maps are removed cause they are now too small for the new weapons range.

Wow, removing maps because they're too small. If that doesn't say something about the epic scale of this mod I don't know what does...

Some of those maps were too small to even build a base on, if you want to talk about the epic scale :P , even the largest zh maps are small in blitz.

Moving on, mind listing the maps to be added? Also, I think korona might get around to improving the IL2 (fixing it)

Don't remove maps for snow bug btw, it might be fixed eventually, I still say its the allies that cause it, seeing how it only happens when an allied player is in the mix. But there is a snow bug where the russian bofors is a truck, but when you deploy the gun a bern carrier comes out.

Any luck figuring out the air bug? more powerful than 3 nukes, it's the air bug.

There is a stuka bug as well, when you're out of stuka call ins, its replaced by a blank tablet.

And we have the arty exploit, but I don't see a way to fix that, I think its just best to not speak of it :ph34r:

I have a quick question regarding xp and tank promotion that me and korona talked about a little,

There are 2 ways to level up tanks, the current, based on their cost, they must kill their equivalent in cost of enemies, but a t26 which needs only a little xp to get fully leveled gets the last shot on a panzer 4 and gets fully promoted, where as that panzer 4 has to kill several t26 before gaining 1 level. But this helps you science gain faster, by killing more valuable tanks you get more xp towards your tech tree.

Or, you could make each tank be worth 100 xp or so, and require 300 to gain a level or something. This would mean rank would be based on number of kills, you could then have ranked up tanks be worth a little extra, meaning the enemy would gain experience faster for eliminating your elite forces. But this would mean your tech tree would grow a little slower than before, unless the enemy is spamming easy to kill cheap tanks or something.

So, you have your tech tree being stimulated by the costs of the units being killed, but small tanks getting promoted fast and big tanks being promoted slowly.

Or, tanks being promoted based on number of kills, as well as the tech tree being stimulated by kills. But you can also have the more experienced units rewarding more xp, leveling up units faster and stimulating your science more. Just want to know what you guys think about this.

Raptor has a good point.

I think the current system for upgrading tanks works fine, except maybe for high level tanks such as tigers etc. They upgrade too slow.

Tech tree XP should be gained by enemy value destroyed, same as tank experience. For bigger tanks, it should require more enemy value to rank up, but not their own cost perse, as a KT cost 3000 but a isu152 only 1500 orso. Every tank class should have its own rank up value.

Gr. DirtyHarry

To killakanz: yeah killa I think the epic scale of this mod is now special. The team worked hard to give players the feeling of having to lead realistic units to the front line (many of these tanks created by a genuis named killakanz ;) )

To Raptor : none of the maps are removed because of the snow bug...so we still having time to solve this bug (btw it seems Raptor has 2 very cool maps in the next patch...more details soon)

To you all: Just to let you know that this last patch should be the final touch to the evolution of this mod and i dlike to thanks sincerly my old friend Korona von Braun for all these hours he spend to work on this Blitzkrieg II product and all the magic he brings to the concept.

Another great cheers to Dirty Harry for his amazing contribution to the gameplay. Not only this guy is now the best Blitz player of the world (until Abba come back from retirement :P ) but he is also brillant and fully dedicated to this mod.

Finally, respect to all of you who worked hard the previous years in any part of the game: maps, units, special effects, audio, etc (one of my favorite part of this mod is the tank audio...mostly from Mandarax)

Ok time to stop sucking balls... :lol:

Well, time to suck balls.

Neo has been the engine behind the singleplayer ww2 experience of blitz 2, accurately representing major ww2 battles over the course of the conflict. Also he made many other maps, both sp and mp, like the challenge maps.

He has been a good friend in blitz and my major sparring partner, or i his, for the singleplayer.

Although i have yet to uncover his true age, i can say this, he acts like a true 11year old most of the time, and this makes him special :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gr. DirtyHarry

For the upcomming patch:

Are we gonna do something with the allied gameplay?

Atm early on due to the slow tanks en outranged maginot allies are too easy prey for the axis.

But later on due to massive funds and sherman superiority they gain to large an advantage. Large groups of shermans fire so efficiently they can easily take care of large groups of enemy tanks...

Also Allied Air: GA planes are nearly unstoppable, p47 and mosquito have so much health and you can deploy them very close to target, so its hard to kill them with AA guns or fighters. That is ok, but they recharge way too fast compared to axis GA planes. And they are far more destructive than their russian counterparts. Spending 1300 for a p47 which you have 4 of every few minutes, getting 90% back and killing unstoppable a 3000 cost kingtiger doesn't seem fair. I recommend significantly increasing reload time.

Paratroopers: in ww2 paratroopers had limited anti tank weapons, and also jeeps and rifles. Can we alter paratroops to include AT troops and perhaps riflemen? This would make their use, in securing forward locations, actually possible. Atm submachinegun troops are just whiped out by common inf and have no use later on. They can't actually hold a location and delay an enemy for any significant amount of time. Also allies should have paratroopers like the germans do, apart from the uber expensive 27.000 glider option.

Gr. DirtyHarry

Edited by DirtyHarry

Suggested changes:

Maginot turret range boosted to improve early game defences

1 free paradrop for Allies around the endgame to get them to use the power

SAS already get gammon bombs (bag of plastic explosive, I can boost it up to be equivalent to a panzerfaust hit)

P-47 scatter radius increased greatly so very hard to kill heavy tanks with them, bunching up heavy tanks won't mean lots of deaths

Il-2 strafe mechanics improved with dedicated AOE damage around the target unit rather than the linear strafe so more reliable damage to groups of med tanks

Reasoning:

Allied players should be safe behind the Maginot turrets but if they try to push out beyond their defences they should be crushed like worms. Boosting the Maginot range prevents sniping.

Allied Shermans are not overpowered vs German ground forces. The stats are clear on that, Panthers are better value than the M3 Sherman and FAR better than the M1. Attrition to the P-47s is much more of an issue in reducing the effectiveness of Panther and Tiger forces. With the P-47 nerf it will be easier to keep these big cats alive to beat up on the massed Shermans.

The Russians lack a counter to the Sherman spam. Il-2s should be this counter but ATM they are woefully underpowered because ZH really can't cope with the concept of linear damage nor can it really cope with GAA aircraft that use guns, they just move too fast. The tweaks help a lot.

I think that paratroopers really need to see more use. They are dangerous, but people are put off by the high price. Getting some for free might help a lot.

I suggest increasing the vision and shroutclearing range of the R-35 and Somua-S35 as they both have a small 150 range.

Meanwhile the Valentine, Panzer III Ausf D and even the T-26 all have a 500 vision and shroutclearing range. :mellow:

French tanks had hoorrrrible crew layouts and the situational awareness of the Allied forces was basically nonexistent. I think that disparity is actually pretty awesome.

French tanks had hoorrrrible crew layouts and the situational awareness of the Allied forces was basically nonexistent. I think that disparity is actually pretty awesome.

Thanks! Though i do suggest you and i or some other guys play a few example matches with lots of shermans vs lots of russian/axis tanks. You need to see it to believe it.

Shermans fire more effectively, i didn't say more damage etc.

Neo said he made an error with his calcs, the Sherman needs to get an ROF debuff from 3 secs to 4 secs. The graphics errors I described makes Gen really unstable. Even my demo map doesn't work very well.

Allies

Shermans:

cap ROF to 4 seconds.

Reduce movement speed to allow more hits.

take another look at accuracy.

speed up movement and production of r35 tanks

speed up production of somua slightly.

speed up production of ft-17 and make them cost a 150 orso.

increase maginot range.

Deliveries: remove jeeps replace with armored cars.

Air

p-47 more spread, slower reload.

bombers 4 free, deducted from uncle sam income with no rebate.

bombers no longer warning, and slightly increased disable time.

greatly increase SAS troops disable time on buildings, or substitute for damage.

Germany

remove bikes.

make bombers free from 1940-1942 orso, deducting from uncle 3rd reich income, simulating the london blitz, then remove them.

reduce health of halftracks significantly, they atm can take tons of hits and are good very cheap decoys that come free with a pak gun. they have more armor than most early and most light tanks.

reduce cost of hummels by 500 to induce their use.

increase production time of pak37 and pak40 slightly. atm it is the axis most prevalent unit on the battlefield, the only thing that builds fast enough to counter the russians, and a unit that builds alot faster than the reliable pzIII or t-38.

decrease production time of t-38.

decrease cost of hetzer by 100, atm stugs for 700 do alot better than hetzers for 600,

fix panther single production bug, they cost single 1400, dual 2600.

Russians

Take a look at isu152 and isu100 aiming? they seem to have problems auto aiming, not auto engaging at their maximum range like tigers and is2 do.

cap speed of t60 and t70 slightly.

increase effectiveness of il2.

All:

Make deployed at guns vulnerable to infantry.

Free paradrops that have (allies: bazooka) AT and flamers in them, allowing the player to occupy cities and give a bit of a fight, making the enemy take some time to deal with them, and giving them the chance to secure a forward location.

Found a little bug on the Panther D. (The first one)

MaxHealth = 682 ;637.0

InitialHealth = 637.0

Edited by Nodlied

Thanks Nodlied...Panther should have the right value....InitialHealth:682 :rolleyes:

p.s. The answer to DirtyHarry's post should follow soon!

Edited by Neo

At guns dug in on uneven terrain blast the ground, russian bs3 dug in always blasts ground. and the bullshit excuse 'dont dig them in on hills' won't suffice, a gun dug in on a hill IRL wouldn't blast the ground...

Increase range of rocket based arty, I think with the kat it counts the outer edge of its fire area as the max rather than the middle, they have a nasty habit of moving in to fire while being blasted.

Fix IL2 attack style

reduce he shell effect area, its too large and blasts spread out infantry, which makes players often ignore infantry all together. that or tanks seem to do an instant reload with the he shell after blasting a tank, I realize it will take a lot of work to fix this but will make the gameplay better imo.

btw harry, at guns get killed by inf easier when not dug in, but are a harder shot for tanks when they dig in they are harder for inf to kill but easier for tanks to kill (bigger target)

Heavy flak will always choose a fighter over a tank, I think that bombers whould be its #1 priority, then ground units then fighters if theres nothing else to shoot at, dunno if possible.

Air combat, not sure what changed from older versions but aircraft just circle each other now, before they never seemed to have this problem *crosses fingers for "mega airfield"*

But seriously the mega airfield would be a great idea, it would limit air operations but let the player choose if he wants air superiority by building just fighters and interceptors, anti tank by using close air support, strategic bombers or a mix, the current system is pretty nice but really limits you in terms of how you want to get the job done.

reduce power consumption of barracks, do some tents really use more power than a turret bunker? come on.

I have an idea for an automated factory output, it would upgrade the factories to a sort of tech building for a few minutes that would just "build" a mix of units for the cost of the upgrade, you dont always have time to refill ques while in the heat of battle, should greatly reduce micro.

medium bombers, they have this pesky habit of not being very accurate, i liked them better when they just bombed what ever they were deployed on.

heavy bombers, never bomb what theyre told too

arty, i like the constant fire of the german arty, but also like the volly style of russian arty, combine them so they keep firing volleys until told to do something else, or make a siege and volley mode you can select

sorry if some of the things I said make no sense, but im a little drunk atm :)

Following DH suggestions :

1) Sherman delay between shot will be boost from 3 to 4 seconds. The value of 3 seconds wasn’t a mistake but instead an estimate value by our expert Logan. He help me a lot to set values (ROF + turret speed) for all Allies tanks. German medium tanks delay between shot are at 5 seconds, while the T-34 76mm are at 10 seconds

2) Sherman’s accuracy is at 71% (with13% miss). If we compare with tanks at the same period (end of 1942) we have the T-34 76mm version 1942 with accuracy at 67% (but with a high 27% miss) and finally the Panzer IV F2 with accuracy at 87% (only 7% miss). So the accuracy values are really close to the historical values.

3) About the French tanks, their production speed is related to the real French production rate between 1938 and 1940. France war philosophy rely more on static defense (Maginot Line) than dynamic offensive with armour divisions. That’s why tanks like the R-35 were slow and used as defensive unit or to support infantry troops. (btw in the middle of the war with Germany, some French armament factories went on strike, many of the union members having their membership of the Communist Party of France. At that time Germany and USSR had a peace agreement…what a fucked up!!! :P .).

4) About increasing the Maginot range, Korona and I have talked about this and yes the Maginot turrets will have longer range.

5) For Air, P-47 rockets will be more spread like Korona described it above….

6) Having the German bombers free from 1940 to 1942 (tech 1 to tech 3) seems to me a good idea with historical support

7) And your right too about the German armour cars. They have 300hp at the moment wich is way too much for this type of unit. A value of 100hp should be more appropriated.

8) Hummel cost seems to us appropriated. This unit can do so much damage in group. During ww2 this self-propelled artillery had some limitation like having a limited amount of ammunition. These 2 factors plus its very long range explain why its price is used as a limitation in game.

9) Pz 38(t) build time is related to the real production from the Skoda factories during ww2. So we cannot compare the production time from German factories to those from Czechoslovakian factories even if the latest seems a bit too high.

10) Decreasing the Hetzer cost by 100 seems to me logical.

11) Panther dual price should be fixed at 2800

12) Korona has already fixed the Il-2 as described in his post above

13) Having the deployed AT more vulnerable to infantry sounds logical to me too

Following DH suggestions :

1) Sherman delay between shot will be boost from 3 to 4 seconds. The value of 3 seconds wasn’t a mistake but instead an estimate value by our expert Logan. He help me a lot to set values (ROF + turret speed) for all Allies tanks. German medium tanks delay between shot are at 5 seconds, while the T-34 76mm are at 10 seconds

2) Sherman’s accuracy is at 71% (with13% miss). If we compare with tanks at the same period (end of 1942) we have the T-34 76mm version 1942 with accuracy at 67% (but with a high 27% miss) and finally the Panzer IV F2 with accuracy at 87% (only 7% miss). So the accuracy values are really close to the historical values.

3) About the French tanks, their production speed is related to the real French production rate between 1938 and 1940. France war philosophy rely more on static defense (Maginot Line) than dynamic offensive with armour divisions. That’s why tanks like the R-35 were slow and used as defensive unit or to support infantry troops. (btw in the middle of the war with Germany, some French armament factories went on strike, many of the union members having their membership of the Communist Party of France. At that time Germany and USSR had a peace agreement…what a fucked up!!! :P .).

3***) My suggestion is for gameplay balance, speeding up r-35 seemed like a good idea to Korona.

4) About increasing the Maginot range, Korona and I have talked about this and yes the Maginot turrets will have longer range.

5) For Air, P-47 rockets will be more spread like Korona described it above….

6) Having the German bombers free from 1940 to 1942 (tech 1 to tech 3) seems to me a good idea with historical support

7) And your right too about the German armour cars. They have 300hp at the moment wich is way too much for this type of unit. A value of 100hp should be more appropriated.

8) Hummel cost seems to us appropriated. This unit can do so much damage in group. During ww2 this self-propelled artillery had some limitation like having a limited amount of ammunition. These 2 factors plus its very long range explain why its price is used as a limitation in game.

8**) no, i disagree strongly. Hummels produce slowly, and are expensive. Their range and firepower are never used, because they get smashed from the air and arent worth replacing or buying in the first place. They are prime targets for air and other arty. Russians and allies have acces to cheap long range mobile arty that can be easily replaced and well protected by air. For instance: building 6 hummels, a minimum number with which you can destroy stuff effectively (1 small group of tanks), means you took along time producing them and not stugs or elephants, but risk losing them in a few seconds when committing them. They represent too huge an investment with too great a risk to be worth while.

9) Pz 38(t) build time is related to the real production from the Skoda factories during ww2. So we cannot compare the production time from German factories to those from Czechoslovakian factories even if the latest seems a bit too high.

9**) was a gameplay suggestion only, not based on real stats. it is to balance out decrease the pak guns production time.

10) Decreasing the Hetzer cost by 100 seems to me logical.

11) Panther dual price should be fixed at 2800

12) Korona has already fixed the Il-2 as described in his post above

13) Having the deployed AT more vulnerable to infantry sounds logical to me too **i do mean the boxed version, not just the unloaded one, that is already vulnerable. boxed version should be able to take some shells due to sandbags, but it's crew should be vulnerable to close contact with infantry, perhaps build in a great weakness to molotov, and have inf attack it as if it was a tank.

What about the other suggestions? Including some of raptors?

Do note stats aren't everything. According to the stats Germany lost and Russia and Allies were victorious. But in practice shermans always lost to most german tanks in straight forward equal battles, when airsupport wasn't a factor.

For some strange reason, the T-44 causes a serious error in single player and a mismatch in multi player while it fires its main gun. Although I do not know if its just me, or if everyone has this bug.