DerelictStudios Forums
Korona

Anyone Interested In Testing A New Blitz 2?

Hi everyone, long time no see.

I've had a lot of ideas about a sequel to Blitz 2 for a pretty long time but recently I've been working on prototyping them in the SC2 engine.

It's pretty amazing how much more powerful it is and it allows for a lot of cool ideas and gameplay that were never remotely possible in the original mod.

I made a post over here:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-finest-hour/

To give a bit more detail - the coding is going pretty well and I think I might have some viable code for prototyping in a few weeks. I'd be using SC2 units for now but we have a huge back-catalogue. I'll have to try and catch Phoib to discuss how we can make use of them but I think it'd be possible to bust the mod out fairly soon, at least by glacial DS standards.

Anyone who's still mad enough to hang out here more than earns the right to have special access to this project. If anyone's interested post up a response and we can get some discussion going!

lol no-one checks here (myself included) that's why it's such a great selection method! only the truly mad will be picked!

ATM you need Starcraft 2 to play, but eventually it will work through the free version.

Also, is this your msn email?

Wow. A hint of flame in the ashes?

Didn't expect to see activity on here.

I tested Blitz 1 way back in the day. Id love to help out again!

My email is ridic88@gmail.com

Do we need Heart of the Swarm for it? I only have Wings of Liberty.

Not entirely sure if Phoib has forgotten about this place or not. But he's always reachable on Facebook...

Sadly I just don't have the time to do 3D stuff anymore. 3DS Max hasn't even been on my system for nearly 3 years.

However, if there's anything you want that I made back in the day, I still have everything stored safe. You're welcome to any of it.

Hey man, good to see you're still about.

Thanks for the offer. If you have the raw files, that would actually save a lot of time. Any idea if 3dsmax can import gmax files? IIRC it can't so I've got to figure out how to get the bulk of Blitz's models into max. Maybe importing the w3ds would work?

Hey man, good to see you're still about.

Thanks for the offer. If you have the raw files, that would actually save a lot of time. Any idea if 3dsmax can import gmax files? IIRC it can't so I've got to figure out how to get the bulk of Blitz's models into max. Maybe importing the w3ds would work?

I pop in from time to time. Mostly to make sure spambots haven't settled in.

IIRC, the W3D Importers didn't work on versions newer than 3DS Max 9, but I haven't worked with gmax files for about 10 years so I don't remember if there were any other options...

Anyone Interested In Testing A New Blitz 2?

Uh, do bears shit in the woods? Hell yes. But most of will time will probably be taken up with this mouth watering masterpiece of greatness

Which BTW guys, they are looking for translators and I know a few of the guys here are particularly qualified for such a position.

Click here for details

You can contact me via steam for details on megablitz DaRaptor0

Honney !! I'm back....... 7 years later... B)/>

I can finally say I got out of the dark shadows... the only thing I miss is enough free time.. but is a minor problem..

After seeing and experimenting with the new shaders (ENB Series) for the SAGE engine that float around, I decided to pick up where I left 7 years ago...

so.. work on my Illusive "1946" for ZH will resume soon...

Got me a weird online CnC package (17 cnc games) from OriginGames and after some fiddling, got everything to work again.

It will take a few weeks before i get a grip of all the code again but hey.. motivation is there again...

If you didn't say ZH yet with those new shaders , try this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkyReM-OJ5E.

It rocks... all I need to figure out is how they did the water...

IIRC, the W3D Importers didn't work on versions newer than 3DS Max 9, but I haven't worked with gmax files for about 10 years so I don't remember if there were any other options...

hmmm.. that is a solvable problem... took me some time too to get a fix, but i got around it with my old max8 license i had laying around...