DerelictStudios Forums
TopazFreno

....hello?

DS reunion? Come to australia, I have a large house and friendly dogs

Hmm, while my house might not be very big (1100 sqft) the yard is 38 acres. so there's plenty of room outside.

That is, if you don't mind being in the southern united states.

That is, if you don't mind being in the southern united states.

You nearly sealed the deal there. Nearly.

But hey, the forums and studio is living up to it's name now! It's actually derelict!

So can we all be made staff now so we can see the fun things in the staff forums? :P/>

grumpy_cat__nope_by_imwithstoopid13-d624kvl.png

You may or may not remember me - I was a noob, then I made maps, then I made a fuss and left for Slipstream Studios, then I ran off to WoW for a good long time, practically never to be heard from again.

UNTIL NOW. :domo:

I eventually quit playing WoW over two years ago, in March 2013 (and given it doesn't look like it has changed for the better and won't, it's permanent this time), then I just played and tweaked the Medieval II : Stainless Steel mod at most. Did other shit. Including completing college finally with a Bachelor's in Genetics! So far, I've gotten 8 interview requests in major-related jobs over the 5 months since starting my job search.

Aside from that, I've gotten really into Avatar:The Last Airbender and "discussing" that show's successor. Which is sort of ironic, considering how much I used to disparage "anime" here... I've all but dropped drawing, replacing it with writing - definitely trial and error with that, just like the drawing. (Seriously - don't look at it) Currently in the process of editing what I've done when I have time. The first chapter edited is a LOT better than what's there. Now to do the rest...

Anyways - Derelict Studios. I finally got the login working a few days ago again(thought I had a more complicated password...) and lurked, looking at old Blitz II posts, Off Topic posts and PMs. Quite the nostalgia trip - too bad I didn't save my screenshots or my map files. :( DS was where I learned how to internet, and so much more, along with WoW... Looking at stuff from 9, 10, 11 years ago - it's amazing how things change, what stays the same.

Like EA being clueless. No change there. A shame that Generals 2 went F2P(making modding impossible), then on top of that, was canceled, back in November 2013. And two years is an awfully long time to hear nothing about another attempt at a new C&C title... all I know is, I played RA3 a while back, and beyond the wacky Soviet campaign, I wasn't really impressed. After a while, it felt sort of... lifeless somehow. Like C&C3 with different units.

So, especially given everything I heard about C&C 4, maybe EA not releasing anything more is for the best. Medieval 2 and World in Conflict are the last 2 RTS's I've played, and I've heard people saying the genre is dying, StarCraft II and Company of Heroes II notwithstanding.

Just curious, killakanz - do the Call to Arms forums even exist anymore? That mod was the whole reason I came here - as... fragile as it was. :lol:

Edited by Freedom

I remember you Freedom, you were a fellow noob during my noob days. CTA is dead a long with every other mod except for Blitz. I came here for An Act of War & Halogen so I feel the pain, but I stayed for Blitz 2 as it was the best mod for ZH. No other multiplayer could compare.