DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pecinskey

Blitz R3 not working on Zero Hour

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I've recently redownloaded this mod for ZH as I wanted to refresh my experience with the game, but i've bumped into a problem;

I have Zero Hour with the v1.04 patch installed, I put a specialized Options.ini file in .../...Zero Hour Data, and the base game (ZH) runs perfectly on my 64-bit Windows 10 machine.

When it comes to BKII however, as soon as I move the files from Bltiz R3.rar into a copy of the generals directory (where the base game works perfectly), and install the mod, the game crashes from the BKII loading screen and the notification for "a serious error" pops up.

I have tried changing the options.ini file, reinstalling the game, reinstalling the patch, reinstalling the mod, running the game with win xp sp2 and sp3 compatibility modes, running it as administrator, but no avail... 

Any help would be much appreciated! Cheers!

Hello.

As you might have guessed from the fact that nobody replied for over a year... Nobody really works here anymore. Some of us pop back from time to time for nostalgia reasons...

But we haven't done any serious work or updates on BKII for over 10 years. R3 was... 11 years ago? The mod was developed in Windows XP... we can't even guarantee it would work in Windows Vista or 7, nevermind 10...

Sorry for the lack of support, but... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm afraid the technical stuff behind this mod is likely forgottenware even to it's own devs. I remember I made a lot of tanks for this mod, but I can't remember the coding behind any of them...