DerelictStudios Forums
Count von Phoib

So, whats up

it's dark!!

Pretty depressing time with it being dark when one leaves for work and it is dark when one arrives back home.

And there is the little C with the face masks etc.:help:

2 hours ago, Andre27 said:

it's dark!!

Pretty depressing time with it being dark when one leaves for work and it is dark when one arrives back home.

And there is the little C with the face masks etc.:help:

I second that!

Luckily my family is AFAWK healthy and my job wasn´t effected by corona. (I even got an additional tax-free 1500€ Corona bonus!)

Let us all hope next year will better then 2020.

Luckily my job has not been affected by covid either, or at least not in the sense that it was ever in danger.

I'm employed in an environmental lab and it seems many of our competitors have had problems with their personnel during this crisis thus all their work was sent over to the company where i work. It's an understatement that it has been hellishly busy for the last few months and i really look forward to a two week vacation in about a week.

For me it's a plus that i see a lot of people daily and don't have to work from home. I think i would have gone raving mad if i would have had to work from home for several months with little opportunity to visit family/friends/events thanks to a nasty virus.

"My" company mainly develops software for planing/documenting FTTH/B Internet networks and we also use this software our self to plan/document such networks for our clients.

Luckily since last year we were already in the process to add new office space in another building. That was accelerated which allowed to us spread out the workers so that more or less everyone got his/her own office. Additionally we already had an VPN access running which allowed, for example parents, an easy switch to work from home when needed.

I as the admin had the glorious job to keep all this running.:biocodes:

But today was my last workday for this year.:bday:

Edited by ironduke57

The Netherlands is moving towards a full lockdown. Question is if my line of work is considered essential.

If it isn't then today is my last day work this year, otherwise it'll be one last busy week.

I moved from media to IT a couple of years ago, doing the exact thing that I swore I wasn't going to do when I was 18. To add more irony to the job, I started off as a consultant, wanting to be away from code. Luckily enough my line of work enables me to work from home, so this year we spent the majority of the time working from home, as opposed to flying around Europe. 

I've been lucky as well to not be super affected by everything. I work in eCommcerce and the companies done well even if they're assholes and have every one packed into the office still. Oh well.