DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chrono

Give Ar2 A New Name Contest!

Atrigan Revenge 2

well why is there a "2" if there is no previous Atrigan Revenge

btw, if you want to know why it is called "Allies Revenge" (and not because it was a RA1 mod to make the Allies stronger, although thats also true)

Allied

Allies Revenge

Former Allies Take Revenge

that is a little bit taken from one of Godwin's concept art that none of you probably know about, it is a primitive storyline of the Allies Revenge world

I agree in thinking that it would be best to keep AR2, just rename it. *lol* And to solve the AR"2" bit, just call AR3 "AR"? As AR3 is set before AR2 :angry:

Something like "Atrigan Revolutions" would be good. But we have plenty of A words, and R words.. just pick some! ^_^

heres a list of names

artigo:the return of the nemesis :)

mega drive insted of genesis (genesis is the USA mega drive) joke u should no that :D

artigo:nemesis meltdown :)

genesis revenge :)

Ok the 2nd 1 is not a name but has no1 noticed :lol:

HOLY CRAP!!! I haven't been online for a while.

Okay, where to begin?

Fistly I would just like to say that YOU HAVE TO NAME IT AR2!!! Why? Because a) that is already what it is called. b)it sounds cool. c) whoever mentioned the name recognition with Allies Revenge 2 earlier is right. You can't really change the name of it this late in the game. It's already version 4.0 for christ's sake! If you rename it now, some people are sure to lose track of it. Just call it AR2! not AR:II or AR or AR3 or any of the other bullshit that popped up. Just AR2. To whoever mentioned that we would have to rename it to just AR because it isn't even a sequel: No. We wouldn't have to do that. Remember Final Fantasy? They are all numbered sequentialy, but they are not sequels. In fact, the only actual sequel to a FF game thus far is X2 (sequel to Final Fantasy 10). And lastly, the coolest thing about AR2 is that it wouldn't even stand for anything! Just like R2-D2 or C3P0! It's just a name. And a good one too! I vote for the entire name just being AR2. Then as a subtitle, you can have your Glorious return of the Nemesis, or whatever.

;) Genesis:revoloion dam i can't spell

nemesis:armagedeon well its there superunit

or the above but get rid of nemsis and put in artigo

oh and by the way ENGLAND HAS WON THE RUGBY WORLD CUP

Doomsday:the grand and great return of the nemesis

To whoever mentioned that we would have to rename it to just AR because it isn't even a sequel: No. We wouldn't have to do that. Remember Final Fantasy? They are all numbered sequentialy, but they are not sequels. In fact, the only actual sequel to a FF game thus far is X2 (sequel to Final Fantasy 10).

V7, I didn't say change AR2 -> AR, I said change AR3 -> AR so it could fit in better. It was only a suggestion, geez.

I still think

Atrigan Revolution II: Return Of The Scrin

--or--

Atrigan Revolution II: Revenge Of The Scrin

:o

i dont know if you guys remember, but there were actually TWO scrin invasions, so it goes like this

Aureon War (AR3)

First Scrin Invasion

Second Scrin Invasion/Genesis-Nemesis War (AR2)

AR3 (or the new AR) isnt a revolution in any sort (IconOfEvi), it is just a massive war for the control of the dwindling aureon mines

AR2 isnt a revolution either, it is closer to a civil war than any other type of conflict in my opinion, definitetly not a revolution

once again my entry:

Godhammer: Schism

which sounds very weird indeed but,

Godhammer, symbolizing a sort of armaggedon-like hammer from god (if you dont call AR2 armaggedon, what would it be? theres a huge civil war, aliens are bombarding the planet, theres been an abrupt ice age)

Schism, meaning a split in faction (usually religious or church-related, but can be otherwise), meaning the split of the remaining Atrigans from the First Invasion into Genesis and Nemesis (although the 2 sides were already in existance during that time, however they were closer as allies than rivals)

I know that AR2 does sound better, however not a whole lot of (good) names have been put in that fit "A" "R" "2"

in my opinion, the good names i have heard are:

Iceblade: Emperors of Atrigo, Delta_9 (although there are no "emperors" of Atrigo, maybe "Warriors" could be better)

Atrigan Reprisal, Godwin (the only "good" "A" R" name)

Atrigo: Armaggedon, donkey ("A" "A" so that doesnt really go well)

Edited by kornlord283

thx for sayin kornlord

SCRIN WARS episode 3 the return of da nemesis

battleground:artigo

the neo/geo war

oh and i got a idea for a genesis superunit the Demoliton walker

Atirgo : Battle of The Scrin

OR

Atrigo : The Evolution War

OR

Atrigo : Vinifera Evolution

OR

The Rise Of The Scrin

wat?? i thought this mod was just about the nemesis reclaiming the upper world...wat does the scrin have to do with it, i mean i know they launched invasions before and lost but... :)

a little reminder of the current situation in AR2

the Genesis uses 3 Cores of Celeste to control their units

these Cores power all aura technologies and keep units etherealized to prevent them from being assimilated into the Scrin

they can still be destroyed, but at least their mind is still away from harm

however, they are under complete control from the Cores, without the Cores they will not be able to make their own decisions as their brains have been "hard-wired" to follow instructions from only the Cores

the Nemesis have been trying to either capture the Cores for their own use or destroy them so the Genesis has no chance of surviving

the Scrin are bombarding the planet for whatever reason; the Vinifera is still readily growing; global temperatures still remain extremely low

here are the possible outcomes:

1) Nemesis capture Cores: Genesis dies, Nemesis wins for now, but Scrin still destroys them

2) Nemesis destroys Cores: both sides lose, Scrin destroys them

3) Nemesis joins with Genesis: both sides win, Scrin will either destroy them or retreat to another day

Preety nice, I like some of them submitted. I don't see a winner yet, but this thread will remain open for 7 more days, so maybe you guys can still come up with good names that will push us to change the mod's name. ;)