DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zero_Point

Unofficial Blitzkrieg 2.5: Naval Units Tweaks

first: DK]phil gave permission ))===> check

read carefully!!

With a little tweaking it is... If you beg and plead (and give me $5... :D j/k), I'll send you some slightly modified rules that allows you to build naval units in skirmish AND fixes some, but not all, of the AI problems (with smurfbizkit and [DK]Phil's permission, of course...).

now phil´s answer

yes, you have the permission

for sending it...

here some more:

I'll e-mail it to you when it's ready, or I may just post it here for all those who would like Naval units in Skirmish mode.

sure Zero did a good job...allthough i have not the files to tes it... =)

he can send the files as much as he wants to other people...or he can put it on another site...

hmmm.... now i have an idea! what about a blitzkrieg-fan-site? tweaks(zero´s inis or the voxels Major Gilbear did) and maps like Yamato uploaded could be downloadable there...

i guess this could be a good compromise

hehe...a site that supplys mods for a mod =)

I don't really consider it a tweak so much as I consider it a patch that slightly changes some menu settings and eliminates some of the bugs. Not only does it add naval units to skirmish mode, but it fixes the annoying "AI only builds 1 power plant" bug, and (fixed it today!) eliminates the Destroyer depth-charge bug.

I also consider it an act of pity for those who can't wait for Blitzkrieg I v.3 and don't have the ability to play online.

Don't worry, I included that in the Read Me file. :)

And smurf, don't bother putting it back up. I gotta update it anyhow. ;)

Edit* Whoops! Turns out I included the wrong Readme... ;) I'll have to fix that...

Edit* Okay, it's all fixed, and the attachment has been updated to v1.2. (the patch, not Blitz. Sadly, yes, there's probably people who would think that)

The Destroyer crash bug has been repaired, and the right Read Me with the appropriate credits has been added. Enjoy!

right i can activate the mod and it works but when i try and host a game it has an error then breaks down then i cant ever get it working it says error activateing mod. and i ahve to download it all over again i can play single player but when i try hosting online games it fucks up also i dont think that tweak works when i downloaded it a totaly different winzip file came up. also sometimes when i try to download it again off some websites it goes invalid data and fails. but mostly whats wrong with my online play how come i cant host games without it fucksing up.

Perhaps you don't have the IPX/SPX protocols installed, or perhaps your buddy doesn't have the same mod files that you do. Hell if I know, I've never played online. :lol:

But for the sake of an argument, could you tell me (in as great of detail as possible) what occurs when you try to start an online game.

Also, did it work before you d/led the tweaks?

And, you don't have to activate the thing everytime. If you had the .exe extract all files to the RA2 directory, then all you need to do is launch Yuri's Revenge. Activating it over and over again just wastes time.

ok no offensive this mod is crap mate full of bugs and errors AI crap to many bugs and erros my mates told me he cant play online aswell though we could see each other,

this mod seriously bites the big one it doesnt even work i was playing code red before it ran pristenely with no problems.

so whats up with this mod i like the genral idea of it recently i started a game with russia and it errored and its only worked once so far. u need to sort this out.

and its multiplayer version only then why the fuck cant we play online grrrrrr when i tried to host it went tot eh screen then sent me back and erroed same for my mate.

then when i try and load the mod afterwards it says error activateing mod

do i ahve to reinstall all my redalert 2 programs to get it to work or summit. honestly its far to buggy. and what the fuck no naval units in skirmish get your act together guys

Okay, dude? You obviously are spamming in the wrong thread. This is the thread for a tweaks pack for Blitzkrieg I, which allows you to build naval units in skirmish. Secondly, you should ask about your problem in a new thread other than this one, since you apparantly didn't download the tweaks, or if you did you obviously didn't read the Read Me.txt file, which is named as such for a reason. Thirdly, it's a wonderful mod! Some bugs aside, it doesn't crash that much. (this tweaks pack also fixes some nasty bugs) It works just fine for me, although there was that one time that the allied support vehicle's .hva file mysteriousls disappeared... Some nasty crashes that one caused!

At any rate, did you uninstall Code Red before installing Blitzkrieg?

Uh, no. I can't make any sense at all out of AI.ini or the appropriate editing programs for it. The included rulesmd.ini file fixes some AI problems. For example, the AI used to only build 1 power plant. They couldn't provide sufficient power for base defenses or a battle lab, and therefore they could not update their tech tree. This has been repaired. Also, the AI now builds more base defense, making it a little harder to rush the AI. (but not much) Now I just need to find out why they build only 1 flak cannon... :)

at the navalgay:

please calm down...

the crashes has to do something with your installation...

i played it a thousant-times and it crashed only once becouse we had electricity-cut in our street =)

Be a little nicer to the ignorant, you guys.

Navalfreak, there was no point in saying "no offense" and then adding "this mod bites the big one", especially if you've yet to play it. You can't judge a mod if you can't even play it. Also, try what Shinobi said.

Thanks, rami.

Wow! Stickied and everything! Don't I feel special?! :unsure:

Oh, and you might wanna post again soon, that 666 thing might scare the forum members away... :ph34r:

Edited by Zero_Point

Anyone experience problem with entry land unit unto a Hovercraft? I have this problem with Germans

Btw: I love this mod :)

Anyone experience problem with entry land unit unto a Hovercraft? I have this problem with Germans

Btw: I love this mod :lol:

I am guessing its fixed in the next version....Play around with it a bit then it will release your guys/ load em up

Btw: I love this mod :)

I am guessing its fixed in the next version....Play around with it a bit then it will release your guys/ load em up

Good :)

You know that the units can not enter a transportairplan also? Or it is only special units that only can do that? The transportairplan can land everywhere so I guess that it's the infantry (and perhaps the motorcycle) could enter the transport?

If the AirCommand is full and you purchase the transport (I'm not sure about the other airplan's) it's stop after awhile...the solution is to purchase new AC or make room for one new plan.

Yeahyeah

I'm missing a scout-airplan or something...

RA2 w/RA21006EN.EXE

RA2YR w/YURI-1001-ENGLISH.EXE

Blitzkrieg.exe (36,662kb)

w/Blitzv2Tweaks.zip (125kb)

w/Upd_Blitz_AI_080204.zip (143kb)