DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MercFox1

The Scourge Of The Genesis

Out of respect for my fan story and to not mess it up, please don't post comments or complements or whatnot until after the end of the story. And you'll know the end of the story when you see it....

The Scourge of the Genesis

PART I

--------

General Havar's forces were in top condition for the ambush that they had set up for the Nemesis SEF (special expeditionary force) that FwdR-con gave him a heads up about, he knew the formations of the tanks that would be pulling through the snowy pass to the north of his Operations base later that day, he knew the time they would pull through the pass, and he even knew how many of the Catastrophes were starting to freeze over from the extreme cold thanks to his Special Shiner Squad (SSS) that blended in with the environment. Unfortunately for him, he didn't know that he was the one being ambushed; as he would later find out......

The Generals elite Orchid task force was the best of the best after fending for themselves in the Battle for Nemezor, a small outlying city that would be the last stand between the Nemesis army and the Genesis mock-capital (which was destroyed in the Second Invasion of the Scrin) of Rezuhar. Recieving a commission to Havar's forces was a cake-walk from there. They had fit in well after only a week of familiarization to the surrounding terrain and the methods of the senior officers in Camp Delta. They could feel the tension in the air that day when the General handed the Operational Orders to Commander Ajok and his face immediately went into a grim stare that had Suicide Mission written all over it. Ajok addressed the group:

"Gentlemen, today is our first mission as a part of the Hammerheads 94th Battle Group, and we've been given a doozy of a welcoming gift. As you may have known, Nemesis losses south of the Capital are staggering, and as luck would have it, we are between their 40th Battalion and their southern forces. They won't directly risk an attack on our base, since they know the only quick way to Zenehor (the southern Continent, my name for it at least) is through the Rewerd Mountains. They desperately need help, but our base is right between the only reinforcements they have available and their main forces. Since we could easily stall their reinforcements until we have won the battle for Zenehor, they've decided to try and sneak around our base. Unfortunately, an unroutine scan of the area found their Catastrophe tanks in a marching formation headed directly for the Rewerd Pass. Since this will be a deadly fight based on the ammount of troops being sent through the pass, we've been given the assignment since we are the most experienced group on station. We move out for the pass in 30 minutes." The best way to describe the groups reaction was.....estatic. They hadn't had action for a while, and this would be a way to get the cobwebs out of the system, plus they would have the advantage of suprise which would make it a short fight.

An hour later, the orchids were in position in the pass. A careless gunner decided to get out of the cramped quarters and stretch around. After moping around for a bit......

.........the Nemesis sniper had the Genesis soldier square in his sights. The poor fool didn't even know it was coming. He'd better hope the rest of his group is ready for the attack that was coming.....the Sclerite with a sniper rifle took the soldier's neck in his sights, gently pulled the trigger and felt the force of the bullet accelerate out of the bore of the gun. He waited for the tell-tale sign of the kill......

TO BE CONTINUED: Part 2 - The Scourge of the Genesis

PART II

---------

The Genesis soldier looked up at the stars....and it was the last thing he saw before the bullet pierced his helmet, splaying his brain all over the tank behind him. Commander Ajok looked through his viewscreen and went "Ohhhhh shit. We lost one to a sniper; all tank crews report to their vehicles! WE ARE UNDER ATTACK!"

Those were the words they all hated and longed to hear.

The Sclerite had a confirmed kill, and then proceeded to direct incoming Ptarmigan airstrikes on the Orchid convoy. "We'll have this base in no time, and the Informant will be handsomely rewarded for his....deception..." he muttered to himself.

As all this is happening, the telemetry from the few Orbital Recon Satellites not destroyed in the Second Invasion are relaying the information back to Camp Delta. General Havar seems to be on edge as the initial reports come in about the Ptarmigan bombing raids. He issues the order to scramble the 110th Ravens to provide close-air support to the Hammerheads, who were feeling some minor damage to the Ptarmigans, but just enough to warrant cover.

After chasing the Ptarmigans off in their Ravens, 110th Wing Commander Ivan Yorna thought he saw something flash in the distance. His missile lock indicator didn't go off, so he thought it was merely an Aura Flash (a phenomenon where the light from the setting sun of Atrigo flashes through a break in the clouds and reflects off the ice-covered ground, making a burst of light that could temporarily blind anyone looking at it). Fatal Mistake. The Nemetian UG(user guided)-variant missile ripped right into the rear engine pod of his Raven, igniting the reactor and sending the Raven into a nosedive. Luckily, the Raven auto-ejected the commander before his Raven slammed into the cliff face of the Rewerd Pass. He landed on the ground behind the cliff face, which would take an hour to traverse normally if his short-band radio survived the rough landing. It didn't and it was getting cold out. But his feeling of cold was temporarily replaced by fear. Fear of the giant, lumbering beast he immediately noticed that was headed right for the enterance of the Reward Pass. A giant that looks as if it could step on the very Cores of the Genesis and would take no prisioners.

A giant that could usher in Armageddeon itself.......

TO BE CONTINUED - PART III = The Scourge of the Genesis

just some notes, i feel that genesis command does not really happen at ground level, although company and platoon commanders do instruct and relay tactics(they receive objectives from higher up and they make the moves), the "core" can bring down a full lockdown at anytime to put soldiers into their direct command, and they won't be able to resist. the point of etherealisation is really to remove fear, pain and cowardness, to create an army which will not disobey and mutiny, which will be strong and fearless in the protection of genesis.

these are not finalised ideas and are very vague, i will need to discuss with chrono to see what his idea of the genesis is

I'm saying that Havar's orders come from the Core, he's just a branch of the Core Operations.

And the Informant is just a Genesis soldier in disguise, not a defector, or else the core would've shut down his neural pathways I guess to "eliminate" his will to defect.

Now back to observing radio silence..... ><_<

these are excellent... Can I get them up at CnC Central... (another thing to add to the list of AR2 stuff at CnC Central) I'm trying to give support to as many mods as I can, but I'm starting with the ones I think are the best/most interesting... it just happens to be that AR2 is the first of these mods!

Very nice, I like to see people creating AR2 related stuff <_< And if you haven't noticed tmapm put this on the news :) Oh yea ... MercFox says no comments. But it doesn't matter, I can use my moderation power to stick/ remove/ whatever when needed.

Excellent, thats fine until I get a webpage for my massive ammount of fan stories I've made over the years :) :P

Anyway on with Part III

PART III

-----------------

The Genesis Pilot could barely believe the mammoth machine's size! It was at least 25 stories tall to the computer in his headset, how the Nemesis could power that without massive ammounts of Vinafera was something he couldn't think at that moment, because he was sure he was going to be seen just standing out there in the open. "I hope I live long enough to tell Havar about this. I hope the Celestial Cores give a promotion for this valuable information. Yeah right......" the shaken pilot wondered to himself as he dove behind the nearest rock. His armor's camoflage was in good shape to keep him safe for a while, but he wondered about the convoy on the other side of that ridge.....

......Which was handling itself pretty well. The Ptarmigans had all but two been shot down in the Raven Attack (which the last two wouldn't make it due to engine fires and heavy damage incurred by the Raven particle cannnons); plus the Orchids quickly mopped up the pilots that had managed to land safely. A quick Airshift transport with armed Seraph guard took the prisioners back to base for questioning, which usually meant trouble for the prisioners, since the Base Commanders usually had orders from the Cores to obtain every scrap of intelligence from them using any means necessary. Scary thought, indeed. But Ajok decided not to worry about it and regrouped with the scattered forces back into a camoflaged position. He knew it would be tougher with the wreckage and scorch marks permeating the ground, but he had no time to worry. He'd just hope that the Nemesis convoy jumped to the conclusion that they we're all dead from the "surprise attack".

"It will be an honor to anniahlate Camp Delta's base with you, Captain Mikhail. You're selection to pilot the Armageddeon-class Behemoth Walker was an excellent one by command. I sure hope the Ptarmigan pilots mopped up the Orchid ambush they foolishly set up in hopes to destroy us." PFC Tucker hailed on his comm radio.

"Yes it will, Robert, the intelligence I allowed to fall into their hands when they took Staging Base 7B gave us an excellent opportunity to hamper their capabilities on Zenehor." Captain Mikhail replied through the Captain's radio in the cockpit-bridge area of the Armageddeon walker. He had hand-picked his crew to give him the best tactial abilities under his control, and they were the best of the best. When you combine the best weaponry with the best skills, someone is gonna die. "Preferably the Genesis scum who wrongfully expelled us from the cities we helped defend." Mikhail thought to himself. He suddenly snapped out of it when his Gunnery Sargeant alerted him that it was only 5 minutes to the Rewerd Pass. From there, it was a short walk to Camp Delta.

General Havar couldn't believe what his spy satellite was telling him. A 200 ton machine walking toward the Ambush point with armor about 2 feet thick and enough firepower to decimate a batallion?!?!?! "No fucking kidding...."

It didn't settle well with his staff either.....

TO BE CONTINUED....

it's certainly much more than 100 tons :( the catastrophe(or something else), based on the weight of the M1 abrams, is already 70 tons, something the size of the armageddon will weigh the same as modern mining super-structures, maybe a few thousand tons

nice, looking forward to the next installment

Hi MercFox1, would you like to see tthe story posted in the war stories section at PlanetCNC (www.planetcnc.com). You'll be credited, of course.

Damn it just gets better and better!

*is all fidgety in the wait for part 4*

Okay, taking bets who will win Genesis or Nemesis? :lol:

Now, you're no doubt gonna shoot me or something, but aren't the Ptarmigans drones? With no pilots?

but other than that, its great! Well done keep it up!

*gets a front row center seat now in wait for part 4*

damn my pop-corn! No one take my place :(

Wow, I got PCnC Asking for me..

Sure you can use the story for PCnC.

PART IV later....since I nearly broke my ankle and will be hard pressed to get to my computer until I get a crutch or something..

TO Chrono: Hey He came here, I don't even know his e-mail.

To Casojin: You gotta understand there's a specific sophistication that comes with war stories, but if Icon can understand it, there must be something to it.. :lol: :angry:

Was that an insult? Ill let it go...:)

And can cnc central post my story? Its The End Of A Millenium-its around the bottom :)

PART IV

Captain Mikhail reached for the launch codes from his Gunnery Seargeant. The Rewerd Pass was only about a mile away; just inside of the SSM Missile Package's range. He inputed the coordinates for the last known position of the Orchids via telemetry from the fleeing Ptarmigans. "Good thing that at least one survived, I didn't even expect two to make it out. They got lucky....." Mikhail thought to himself. "...But those Genesis fools won't have the same luck."

Commander Ajok had just touched up the last of the camoflage on his tank when all of a sudden -- *BOOM, BAM BAM BAM, BOOM* -- roughly 5 or 6 missiles streaked over the heads of the pilots and detonated close to 300 yards to them: "Damn close. But what the hell had missiles that big? Some new super-launcher?" Ajok kept running through his brain. Just as he put the period on that thought, a Raven pilot, clearly identified from the insignias on his vest and the large heat/oxygen pack on his back, dove over the hill right above him and almost landed on Ajok himself. "Ermmff! I didn't see that dip!" he stammered after landing in the snowbank behind Ajok. "Holy !&$@, sir! A 200-plus ton beast is HEADED RIGHT THIS WAY!" The words were as cold as the snow Ajok was standing in. Almost as if the Ancients were playing a cruel joke on him, General Havar called not a minute later with the latest Satellite scans of the surrounding area. "Umm, Cmdr. Ajok? You might want to take a look at the scans I'm sending to your command tank. These are as serious as the tone of voice I'm using. Reinforcements are about an hour away from your location. Camp Delta is scrambling everything it can, but we're in bad disarray from a suprise Ptarmigan strike on our base just 15 minutes after the 110th Ravens left. It seems their strategy has changed from being sneaky to being a serious pain in the ass. Havar out."

The leader of the Hammerheads scrambled the gunners and pilots to their stations. He called the squad leaders to his command tank to outline a contingency plan in case what-ever-the-hell was walking this way broke through and headed toward Delta. They needed to protect that base, since it was the only one for about 100 miles, and without any base to call home, it would be easy pickings for Nemesis Elite Sclerites to clean up the stragglers. He pointed to a secret "back-door" that was dug in this pass for going around the large rockslides that would often happen in the warmer months of the year. "I believe this small bypass here is unknown to the Nemesis, since construction on the bypass route was initiated after the Exile. When we lure the what-ever-it's-called into the pass, we will have a small strike force flank around behind and hit it where it hurts. We are the bases best chance for survival, and don't forget to aim at the weak spots. Joints, ammo storage, caution signs, etc. The guns on your Orchids can rip through a foot of steel, but use discretion. Dismissed."

Mikhail didn't know if the missiles that hit were on target or not. He just had to chance that he hit his mark; after all, this was a 285 ton beast. Nothing should stand a remote chance against it. He was about to go through the bend in the middle of the Rewerd Pass when he noticed a small, beautifully concealed tunnel in the side. He knew his enemies very well, so he made a mental note to expect an attack from behind once he had started the initial attack. As soon as he turned the corner, he flipped on the Thermal Scope and illuminated about 7 Orchids with TAG (Target Acquistition and Guidance) beacons for his Gunney to blast with Short-Range missiles...

Ajok ordered the stationary Orchids to fire on the front of the cockpit as the beast lumbered around the corner. He watched in horror as the beams made 6" or 7" dents in the armor which was clearly not letting anything in. The walker paused for a second and it seemed that Mikhail and Ajok had a personal staring contest. It lasted but a moment and Mikhail let off a volley of Short-Range missiles streaking right for the forward tanks.

Time seemed to slow as the Battle for Rewerd started....

PART V - The Scourge of the Genesis === Coming Soon!!!!!!