DerelictStudios Forums
German War(dick)head

Corrupt/missing File Message

i am too lazy to read all the stuff everyone else wrote but if you get that error mesage it means you closed blitz wrong.... you can lanch it by just staring generals.... but you can't play regular gen anymore

i am too lazy to read all the stuff everyone else wrote but if you get that error mesage it means you closed blitz wrong.... you can lanch it by just staring generals.... but you can't play regular gen anymore

ok i just downloaded the mod and the same error happens to me, i hae the spanish version of generals so if any one can help me, PLEASE!!! tell me what to do, i must play this mod

Got an itchy clicking finger MacArthur?

I got the error message but tried opening it from the shortcut in the Generals directory as opposed to one I added to my desktop and it worked ok.

Is this still going to happen if we're running on the English version? Because I am, and I still get the Corrupt/Missing Files error.

Nothing that has been said here has helped me, i uninstalled Generals and zero hour... reinstalled em... then installed blitz2... same problem, please reinstall you have some corrupt/missing files... crap crap... how it work??? no matter if i unistall gen or whatever i cannot get it to play through clicking the blitz2 short cut, maybe there another way to start it that i not know...???

If you get the C/M Files error, try booting up Generals. My the powerwent out while I was playing, and Blitz2 stopped working. THen, I read something someone posted saying how it stops working if it crashes while your playing, so I botted up Generals, but it opened BLitz2 instead. Worth a try.

nope it just opens Gen, my current situation is this... there are 2 things i can do... if i leave it how it is i get the Corrupt/missing thing... and if i take away the files that are .big.generals it starts to load then it says Generals has encountered a technical error... RVMECH said in his way to fix it to rename those files so they just .big not .big.generals but when i rename em it says cannot rename file allready exists, and when i delete em it starts to load blitz... then the generals thing appears... then it says technical errors... HELP please i want to play so so bad...

And now my situation got worse... now no matter what i do it has corrupt/missing message even if i change the .big.generals files to .big and thorugh all this generals still works... but blitz dont..... think its time to give up this just will not work............ i uninstalled gen and Zero hour, i uninstalled blitz i changed file names i did everything and it not work... only few Qs i got are what exactly are the files i need to get rid of for Blitz to be totally uninstalled? (i think i know but i mught be missing one so that could be problem) are the blitz files just suposed to be .blitz or .big.blitz cause mine are .blitz (possibly they need to be .big.blitz) and finally what did RVMECH mean when he said in another post "if you have any files that end in .big.generals, change them so only the .big is left" ??? because i cannot rename them it says, and what i tried was to make em .big but chage file name like for EX. from maps.big.generals to mapss.big i added an s... when i do that i dont get corrupt/missing message but it has at bottom of screen generals minimized... then next to it appears a message technical error... and it stops loading... no matter what i do, generals still works fine but it is generals not blitz...

i seriously have tried basically everything, i found Smuf's .bat file thing but i dont know how you use it.... no instructions and when i click it nothing happens... My final thing is i would assume generals is in english because i live in the US and everything in the game when i play is in english, but possibly it is not.... how do i make it to english version or check if it is in english version...??? thanks and sorry for so many posts i am just so stuck....... oh yah and by the way it did work once...

i installed it and it got corrupt/missing message first time i tried then the second time it worked, then the next time and up till now it dont work... WILL THIS EVER END.....?!?!?!?!?!?!? :(