DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PaNZ3R

Ideas For Super Weapons And Commandos

Ah.. Noticed that it's under the non buildable units list now. And that probably means that there will be a bomb raid skill.

Edited by Zero

PaNZ3R’s Commandos List V01

All commandos are camo unless stated otherwise.

Allies:

A "Burtan" type figure. (US)

Limit: 1

Contains

-The ability to plant explosives on buildings.

-Has the ablitiy to switch from a Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR) M1918A2

and a M1 Garand.

-The ability to plant mines which can be triggered manually or automatically. They are stronger than standard mines.

-Can use a stealth type kill with a knife.

http://www.codfiles.com/file.stuff?body=Weapons_US_M1Garand

http://www.codfiles.com/file.stuff?body=Weapons_US_BAR

A "Burtan" type figure (British)

Contains

-All (US) version abilities

-Instead of a Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR) M1918A2 he uses a Bren LMG Mark 2 and instead of M1Garand it would be a Lee Enfield Mark I Number IV

http://www.codfiles.com/file.stuff?body=Weapons_British_Bren

http://www.rememuseum.org.uk/arms/rifles/armbsr/arm012.jpg

Axis:

The Waffen SS commandos

Limit: 5-7

Contain

-The use of the FG42 Sniper Edition.

-Not Camo, They have the ability to switch from the 3 different foot soldiers fond withen the mod.

-Can place hijack vehicles without switching on alarms. Meaning that if the SS is disguised as an Allied unit, he will stay disguised when the vehicle is jacked.

Soviets:

A “Jarmen” type sniper

Vassili Zaitsev

http://www.russian-mosin-nagant.com/zaitsev.htm

Contains:

-The ability to shoot further then other snipers.

-Can snipe the drivers of low armored vehicles and possible lower level tanks.

-As he ranks up he can kill higher level vehicles (a possibility but not very likely).

-All units who are around his radius of influence get moral bonuses.

-Can stay hidden within buildings (just like “Jarmen”).

-Can climb steep hill sides.

Please consider these as the commandos, I bet many ppl agree with me that these are actually pretty good.

Edited by PaNZ3R

Anyone ever heard of the German hangglider engineer commandos? Quite funny stuff, they would glide into cliffside bases and dismantle them from the inside.

Comrades,

Just going to voice my opinion. One of the main things that turned me away from C&C Generals was that every game was just a race to see who could build the first super weapon. After that, tanks were useless and the game lacked any real strategy. If you are going to include super weapons how about making them less destructive. Things like "nukes" and "super ion cannons" just kinda make the game less fun. Im not sure if anyone else agrees with me but oh well. How about just making the weapons things like paratroopers (like someone already suggested i believe) or maybe a squad of bombers. Even if you go along with your plans for doomsday devices, could their be an option in the game menu to turn them off? Im not sure if this is possible in the Generals but it would be good, or perhaps make only one available at a time.

Thanks.

P.S. not sure if this has already been addressed in the forums so sorry if it was. Great job with the mod though.

Anyone ever heard of the German hangglider engineer commandos? Quite funny stuff, they would glide into cliffside bases and dismantle them from the inside.

Maybe it would be fun to use her instead of vassili :) http://soviet-awards.addr.com/digest/pavli...avlichenko1.htm

The gliders used to capture the main fort on the belgium defensive line. This fort called: Eben Manuel. It was supposed to be the strongest point in the belgium defense. But special german forces rebuild the fort before ww2, trained on it, and with less than 100 commandos, they captured the fort by landing on the roof, stormed inside with explosive and captured it after a heavy fight against more than 1000 belgium soldiers (dunno exactly the number).

What me to prove Vassili is a bad ass... hehehe. Ok rent "Enemy at the Gates."

Watch the first 30min. Youll see why he is the best. But u could always have 2 commandos for a team.

He didnt have the highest recorded kills in the war to let you know, comrade.

I suggest having the nuke as i suggested. Seeing how many of your units survive the fallout would prove to be strategy, the strategy of running the hell away, lol!. I find adding the nuke an issue of morality much more then a gameplay element.

V-2 launch (barrage?) for Germans, duh.

Allied nuke. Again, duh.

Okay, for the Soviets... I'm thinking maybe some sort of huge infantry drop. Like 70+ basic guys, 30+ AT guys, and 20 or so snipers. I guess that would be kinda like the D-Day idea... Hmm... Perhaps instead there could be a thing for the Soviets that made tanks produce ultra-fast for a limited time, with like a one second build time for all tanks for 20 seconds, if that's at all possible. Meaning an instant tank army, which kinda goes with the 'mass numbers' strategy the Soviets have. Eh, just a thought.

lol reminds me of the steamroller ability from DMW. I think that would be hell to code into the game.

as a side note, movies often overglorify, of course by all means im not downplaying Zaitsevs abilites. Interestingly enuff, the movie itself is quite fictional, since (according to quite a few WW2 text and records that I've read over the past few years) the germans never had or sent a super sniper over to russia. Even records that say it happened are quite odd, some say it was a SS Major by the name of Koenig, others an SS colonel by the name of Thowald. Both of these stories in the past have been backed up by soviet sources and never reliable germans ones, as far as im concerned its just red propaganda.

He didnt have the highest recorded kills in the war to let you know, comrade.

I never said he did. He did however reach a rank like no other sniper.

Vassili Zaitsev - 400 kills (149 Kills at the battle of Stalingrad)

The highest scorer only identified as "Zikan" killed 224 Germans by 20 November 1942.

Sergeant Passar of 21st Army was credited with 103 kills.

Kucherenko, an Ukrainian, killed 19.

An Uzbek from 169th Rifle Division killed five Germans in three days.

Anatoly Chekov killed 17 Germans in two days !

Corporal Studentov killed 170 Germans.

Comrades,

Just going to voice my opinion. One of the main things that turned me away from C&C Generals was that every game was just a race to see who could build the first super weapon. After that, tanks were useless and the game lacked any real strategy. If you are going to include super weapons how about making them less destructive. Things like "nukes" and "super ion cannons" just kinda make the game less fun. Im not sure if anyone else agrees with me but oh well. How about just making the weapons things like paratroopers (like someone already suggested i believe) or maybe a squad of bombers. Even if you go along with your plans for doomsday devices, could their be an option in the game menu to turn them off? Im not sure if this is possible in the Generals but it would be good, or perhaps make only one available at a time.

Thanks.

P.S. not sure if this has already been addressed in the forums so sorry if it was. Great job with the mod though.

have no fear, I believe either smurf bizkit, jagdtiger or phoib has announced that the Atomic bomb will not be by any means a 'noob' weapon. for the player that chooses to try and build it will have to put the bulk of their resources into acquiring it, and thus will be very vulnerable to attack

have no fear, I believe either smurf bizkit, jagdtiger or phoib has announced that the Atomic bomb will not be by any means a 'noob' weapon.

Euh...not Smurf, nor jagdtiger, nor phoib...... :P

I think that Russia shouldn't have a "super weapon" by the terms you are thinking. Russia's superweapon wasn't just masses of people/tanks, but the ability to amass them quickly. I think that rather than a "fire it anywhere" superweapon, they should be able to build a structure(s) that decreases build times for vehicles and also decreases costs by about 15% or so. You could either have a huge structure called "Tank-o-grad" that decreases build time by 40% and decreases costs by 30%, with a build-limit of 1. Or, you could have several smaller structures called Assembly Lines that each decrease build time and costs by 5% with a build limit of 5-8. Or you could have these as research items.

Edited by Zero_Point

Smurf stated several times that you need to divert quite a number of resources to use the Nuclear Bomb. Maybe we even make it so that it will cost you quite some credits too...

Smurf stated several times that you need to divert quite a number of resources to use the Nuclear Bomb. Maybe we even make it so that it will cost you quite some credits too...
Yea theres gonna have to be some balancing to get that just right. Because if u make it too expensive, ull never actually get a nuke up and running in most games. If u make it cheap... well then it will be like generals lol... and we dont want that.

If they are going to give the allies "the bomb" it should be the atomic bomb, nukes weren't even around until a few years after the war.

I think for the Germans the F2 Rocket would be the best choise, for the Russians the "Artillery Barrage" and for the Allies a realy good "Airstrike".