DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LukeA

Allies

yea, think its b.s. about the pershings strength....too damn much....just a thought....but the allies overall(in my opinion)arent as good as the germans, and definetely not the soviets....

I'm actually decent with the allies, I don't think the suck, they're underrated because people don't use them like they should.

Allies can't pump out mass troops or armor in the begining like the Soviets.

Their tanks are weaker then the Germans.

The best stratagy for the allies is to use speed to your advantage.

I play them by pumping out some trucks and tanks as well as infantry in the begining, load your infantry into the trucks lead em into a town with tanks and secure the town. And remember to use grenades to secure buildings if they are already taken. Grenades are a counter-attack godsend, a group of maybe 10-20 infantry can clear a whole city with grenades easily. The only problem is that tanks and other hard targets. Grenades suck against them.

Later in the game once you have secured a city and fought enough you must concentrate on tank strength. Shermans are cheap but fast and good. I pump out Shermans once I get heavy factories and this helps a lot. Also make sure you keep your infantry mobliized. The one drawback with allies is that they have slow infantry, they must be placed in trucks to keep up.

Using mobility is key with the allies, also massing armor. It may not sound like a good plan but it is, allied armor in numbers can wreak havoc amongst enemies. While the allied light tanks are outclassed they can be used in numbers to hold off enemy attacks in the begining. Then once you have medium tanks you're definately ok. The Shermans have a big gun, just weak armor, so you need a lot of them to minimize losses.

Hope this helps!

downslayer, you say the allies aren't as good yet you think they should nerf (sorry, had to use the term nerf) the pershing? :/

Anyways, I honestly don't think any side is bad...all simply a matter of adapting to each.

I've actually won more games with allies(at least the Americans I haven't tried the Brits yet :P ) than with the axis. Sure shermans aren't up to taking on Panthers one-on-one and the Soviets can pump out large numbers of T-34s more easily but the sherman (especially with the easy eight or firefly upgrade) is a good "in the middle" medium tank which isn't too expensive and has good enough firepower and speed to contend with its foreign counter parts, the Pershing is a monster of a tank that can usually outgun the soviet equivelant because of a higher rate-of-fire and can meet the tiger and tigerII on relatively equal ground. The stuart is the fastest light tank which makes it good for scouting missions later and easier for it to fall back if necassary, and with the flamethrower upgrade it is indespensible when it comes to clearing garrisons or just harrasing infantry. GIs of course are wonderful when it comes to street fighting (hell they can own conscripts with just their rifles), and backed up with bazookas become a force to be reconed with. The Priest like the German hummel makes a good rear line support unit which can cause havoc with massed tanks and decimate advancing infantry, not to mention the M28 can obliterate anything it can see. All things said, all three sides are pretty equal in my opinion (and experiance), just have to find different ways to use each side for maximum effect ;) .

Well, the allies is the strongest side.

When I first played as the germans against the allies, I thought I'd have the advantage in tanks, but the pershing could out preform my King Tigers is other areas, then when I got the Maus I thought it would be all over, but then he made a M-28 tank, I couldn't friggen believe how durable it was, my jaw dropped to my lap.

My Maus tanks were getting chewed up by the awesome power of the M-28, I was like "ch34t0r h4x0r f4g0r," but then I noticed that didn't help much. 1 M-28 is like equal to 10 Maus's. I was r4p0rzed because of that slow but deadly tank.

Sounds like you need some strategy... because the T28 is so terribly slow, but armored to the bone... use mines, airpower, AT infantry, Artillary etc. anything which is expensive and where the T28 can fire at... :P

well, i retract some of my smack talk about the allies from earlier..i jjust used them and i was surprised at how much i was able to get built...i mean, the hellcats,shermans,etc...was faster build time i think..but probably wrong..

Im not sure about sides...

the Russians have the best tanks, imo, and the Germans' are too expensive. Allied Sherman (& upgrade) is good, but heavier tanks (Comet) is too expensive.

I hate it though how the IS-2 costs $2900 - OUCH!! and its more than the SU-152...

when playing as the allies you got to think in numbers what ever your enemy has you have to build more. for every tank he has you should build 2-3 tanks.

allies are only good atm because the sherman gets an AP warehead when it should get medium. Shermans are too powerful.

Well, the great things about Shermans (particulairy Fireflies) is that when against T34s all you need is a small group of 4 or 5 and attack from a longer range. Just keep destroying tanks and hope the player doesnt notice that half his armys been killed by a few shermans

Nerfed to a degree - not too hard actually. The Pershing and Comet will probably go up in price and the Sherman will finally get it's Medium warhead, but they're still awesome. The M-28 may be toned down at long range - it's APDS penetrator loses power at extreme range enough to possibly let your tigers survive a max range hit. It'll also get a slower reload time. However, the Maus is gonna be getting a very nice boost... it'll be faster, and have TWO guns instead of the one. Imagine that main gun AND the Panther's gun on one nearly indestructible tank. Muhahahahaha... Allied rifles will probably be improved to have five shot bursts.

yeah, to be fair if it was realistic then the Sherman would be shit, but this would damage the gameplay so just leave it as-is.

In reality the pershing isnt a second world war tank,there were just around 20 Pershings at the end of the war in the battlefield of Europe,and only one was destroyed by a Sturmtiger in Cologne,ok ok if there wasnt a Pershing the Allies would be very!! weak,i never play with them,i dont like the tanks,and the artellery sucks really.

Edited by SturmTiger

The Preist will whoop your ass since you can get 'em quicker and easier than a Hummel. Eight Priests can wipe out five Hummels. Then the Priests will be free to snack upon any unwary enemies, and even the Tigers will fall to repeated rooftop hits from 105mm fire.

Can the Americans have fireflies? I know that the Brits came up with the idea of putting the 17 pounder gun in the turret (they had to turn it on its side to fit it in). They then had a quarter of their shermans as fireflies. However the Americans never really adopted the firefly (probably because it was British).