DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbolt

"general Powers" For Bg Ii

Hi guys, just downloaded the Mod and have been playing it for a while. I love the Tanks (Sherman is my fave, specially the E8 Model). I know that your rewards for being promoted are all ready there, but I believe that it should be more Time based Powers then the ability to bulid more advanced buildings. I had some ideas I'd like to run past you, for one, where is the Jumbo Sherman? That was the pre-cursor to the Pershing and just as deadly.

Another thing, why not each side have Bomber Runs for a Generals Power (3-5 bombers are sent depending on the level of power, the B-17/24/Lancaster for the Allies, PE-2 for the Ruskies and the Heinkel for the Nazis) and also Nuclear Bomber Runs (One plane is sent, the B-29 for Allies, Ju-89 for the Nazis and bending time a bit the Tu-4 for the Ruskies)

Another thing, allow some sort of range upgrade for the AT Grunts, they can't hit a tank from inside a bunker and if they leave the bunker their mince-meat, another thing, allow the Com-Eng to build some sort of gun emplacement, like a M-2/MG-42 for Anti-Infantry and 17 Pounder/88mm/38mm Guns for Anti-Tank, they of course have to be manned by infantry and can be picked off by Snipers and Splash Damage.

One last thing for possible General Powers, why not artillery support? Such as the 105mm for the Allies/Ruskies and 150mm for the Nazis, I know we have Artillery Tanks, but it would be nice to have some off-theater Artillery Support and it can have standard growth for each General Point(s) put into it, perhaps have some Ammo or Caliber upgrade in the War Center?

Tell me your thoughts!

Many of what you said are already being implamented. Now run before Trevor decides you're giving free addvice and goes hunting ;)

first of all, welcome on board!

second of all, many of your questions and suggestions, although pretty good, have already been answered. and some people here dont appreciate it when someone accidently asks an already answered question, so if you have anymore questions, use the search function next to the help icon.

if you have a question whos answer you cant find, feel free to ask!

oh, and about the nuclear gen power thing, that prob wont happen, because i think the crew has their mind set - nuke is a superweapon, must be built and launched by plane, costs a lot but takes out half the map. cheers!

be nice hes new and we must take care of him. all the questions that you stated will be answerd when we get the next realse out. till then your just going to wait.

Tu-4? Um, That a clone of the B-17 And They were never used in combat. EDIT: (I believe its a clone of the b-17, or maybe it was the b-29....Hmmm)

Edited by vader6

Thunderbolt,

In case you didn't realize yet, the Blitz2 mod is being made in phases:

-release1 : tanks, infantry

-release2 : airplanes, superweapons

-release3 : additional elements, mission maps, etc

It is pointless to suggest things for next phase because these things have already been set out and we're working on it right now. You should realize that you're too late for that...

As remark on your ideas: you're still thinking too much like you play Generals and you make the mistake to equalize all faction in power and units. The art of making a challenging game is to make different sides, yet still keep it balanced....

Vader, to ease your mind, the Tu-4 was an exact copy of the B-29 when it was critically damage and had to crash land in Russia after a Bombing Mission over Japan, the Russias were so amazed by our advanced technolgy (Automated 20mm Gun Turrents for one, as well as the largest payload ability in the war) that the took the wreckage and remade it on the spot and then proceeded to make carbon copies until they made the Tu-86 Bear. That's why I stated bending time just a bit, they captured the plane during WW2, but didn't start using it until Korea.

To Flyby, I understand that they seem alike, as in Generals. But in real life, Battlefield Commanders (Captains,Majors) did have access to such firepower, though it would be more in the realm of P-51/47s depending on the threat, though sometimes they were able to call in some B-17 support, same as with the Nazis early in the war, I'm not to sure about Russian policy, I believe they could use IL-2s and Yak-1/3s for support, but never any of the heavy stuff, same thing with Artillery Assets.

I'm stating though, that they don't have to have all the same mission effect, there's a large difference in payload from a B-17 to a Heinkel, same with the Allies 105 to the Germans 150mm, if this is based at least a little in realism (Which it is and more) you would allow such abilitys to be usable by the Desk-top Generals.