DerelictStudios Forums
Opals25

Christmas Haul

On 1/16/2021 at 9:33 PM, BlckWyerve said:

I got a couple Amazon gift cards because gift-giving isn't really a thing these days.

I do owe opals a drink someday when this vaccine is out there.

Some day right?

I built myself a new computer as an after christmas gift to myself

Oh, I didn't respond to this year yet.

My gift got delayed by Santa, but in the end I got a book: Story on a Plate, and yes, in the past euh... 10 years I developed a love for cooking.

And normally I would have created the most elaborate Christmas dinner for family and friends. But this year, it was just with 3: me, my gf, and my 4 year old stepdaughter. And 4 year olds have picky eating habbits, and a woman in her first trimester eats even more selectively. So yes, next Christmas, it will be at least 4 people in my little family :-) 

On 2/17/2021 at 9:00 PM, Opals25 said:

Some day right?

I built myself a new computer as an after christmas gift to myself

Someday:tm:

On 2/18/2021 at 3:00 AM, Count von Phoib said:

Oh, I didn't respond to this year yet.

My gift got delayed by Santa, but in the end I got a book: Story on a Plate, and yes, in the past euh... 10 years I developed a love for cooking.

And normally I would have created the most elaborate Christmas dinner for family and friends. But this year, it was just with 3: me, my gf, and my 4 year old stepdaughter. And 4 year olds have picky eating habbits, and a woman in her first trimester eats even more selectively. So yes, next Christmas, it will be at least 4 people in my little family :-) 

That's awesome, I've really gotten into cooking the last few years as well.  I spent a lot of our lockdown trying to get better at classic French recipes.  Choux pastry can fuck a duck.

I open up this forum for nostalgic reasons far too often, but my haul included:

- hoodie

- MTB supertacky tyres

- Rear rotor for my bike

- a gift card for my local bike parts shop

2/4 I bought on my own, but as of lately I find spending time with my family is something I cherish more. 

Little late to it today! My wife's grandfather was having some health issues so we didn't go in as early as expected but we made it in this afternoon.

Got the first bit of stuff here and next week we'll visit my family next week for some more.

Lords of Waterdeep board game

Animal Crossing Dodo Air Lines pin set

Pup - This Place Sucks Ass LP

The Adventure Zone 4 comic

Lens cleaning pen

Lomography Sprocket Rocket camera

Kodak ektachrome 120 film

Ilford HP5 35mm film

Dunkin French Vanilla Coffee

Edited by Opals25

Hi guys!

- a Soundblaster Audigy 5/Rx as my onboard sound sucks

- a independent control unit for my watercooling system (aquaero 6 pro)

- a pizza cuter (from my boss)

- a UPS for my home server

- two 18TB HDDs for my backup NAS

- two AIRPLANE (Who does not know it, it´s a very funny movie from the 80´s. GO watch it! NOW!) themed t-shirts (Anyone some experience with TeePublic?)

But most important no corona in the family jet!

Till next year and stay healthy!:rolleyes:

Edited by ironduke57

On 12/26/2021 at 4:38 AM, AshJW said:

Really good tacos. 

How good? I really want tacos right now.

It's a covid-smas miracle!

That shit sucks though, feel better.

My Christmas gift to myself was to get a new job out of Tennessee so we moved to Chicago like a month ago. We did Christmas remotely with the in laws yesterday and will have it with my family later this afternoon since my brother lives way out in Hawaii time. I'll get my list together then; hah

Edited by Opals25

19 hours ago, BlckWyerve said:

It was a fucky Christmas since my mom died earlier this year.  I had a good dinner with my dad and that was enough for now.

Sorry to hear my dude.

Mine was fairly uneventful, drank a lot and fell asleep again. The usual at this age.

I reread the thread and I am feeling old.:flyby:

My XMas was a simple affair this year. Just my mom and me.

Got some XMas Cards and sweets from some customers and from my boss an ice cream scoop spoon.

Go myself an new bluetooth headset receiver (Sony SBH54) and an Blue Ray drive (LG BH16NS55) already with a UHD friendly firmware flashed to watch 4k movies on my PC.

And that´s it. Trying to keeping my money together for the next electricity and heating bills.

20 hours ago, TopazFreno said:

Mine was fairly uneventful, drank a lot and fell asleep again. The usual at this age.

That is a good way to go!

My haul was abysmal, mainly what I got for myself, so that the nieces and nephews had something to do, and a "secret santa" gift that us adults do between ourselves.

Mainly socks. And I was glad to get them. I have become old.

On 12/26/2022 at 11:30 PM, BlckWyerve said:

It was a fucky Christmas since my mom died earlier this year.  I had a good dinner with my dad and that was enough for now.

That sucks man, sorry for your loss and hope you're doing okay.

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals.

We did Christmas stuff last night on a call with my family and will do Christmas stuff with the in-laws this afternoon. In the mean time; here's the start of the list.

• Fanttik E1 MAX electric screwdriver
  • Tokaido, board game.
  • Kiki's Delivery Service blu-ray special edition w/ steel book
  • LEGO Micro Cities & Lego Architecture Ideas Book
  • Nashville Predators beanie hat

this year was depressing so I just got high for Christmas. past Ash, if you see this. don't go down the same path I did. 

You can really watch the alienation of late stage capitalism set-in as we all grow old and lose our youthful energy by reading through this time capsule of a thread. Merry Christmas; your gift is existential dread!

Don´t be so depressing guy´s! Don´t forget it could always be worse!:rolleyes:

So the like the last year´s I only got stuff I both for myself:

• RAM Upgrade to 96GB
  • New Pump and an add-on which reduces the risk of a leak for my Watercooling system
  • New LED Headlamp for working an PC´s
  • Some DVD/BlueRay´s (Batman Movie Remastered Box, Sledge Hammer Box, Elvira - Mistress of the Dark Box)

Overall I am quite okay.

Still at the same company for 7-8 years now. Early 2024 the whole company moves to another neighboring town.

What else? Still single. Had some bad luck on my way home from work some weeks ago and sprained a ligament on my left foot. After six weeks sick leave and overall now 10-11 weeks after it happened still not at 100% again.

Well I hope you guy´s are okay overall, till the next time.

Merry X-Mas and a happy New Year!

Haha; I'm (mostly) kidding for myself! I've had a good year; we've been in Chicago for a year now and have loved it. The new job I moved for has been going really well too.