DerelictStudios Forums
Andre27

Updated Blitz 1 Ai

next version of blitz will have an even better AI

just try different difficultys and play and play and play and play...

well... i could... but thats no fun:(.... i like to play with my enemy...:):D:D

cant wait until the new version of blitzkrieg...:D:D:D

First off, are yu planning to make another version? This script actually made the allies attack xD, but some structurez and the allied medic is invisible. The Flakz are kinda euh messed up + when I played, the game exitted itself back to the desktop. But overall, this is better if it doesn't crash =p

Pl0x0rz make another T_T

Well these bugs actually have nothing to do with the AI, but mentioning them to the staff never hurts.

Well the last 2 years i've been kind of swamped (even more than usual) with work, but the new vresin of Blitz will have an improved AI.

Edit: Necroposter! This topic was 1.5 years old.

Edited by Andre27

Edit: Necroposter! This topic was 1.5 years old.

About as old as the last release concerning Blitz 1, isn't it? :P

Sorry about the necroposting, but I didn't want to make a new topic when therez a topic here O_o But anyways the reason why I posted in this topic was that I wanted to ask yu if yu could fix the desktop crash in the rulesmd.ini file? I kinda don't care about the invisible stuff & weird bugs but all I want is a good AI which buildz structures, buildz AA, buildz aircraft and stuff O.o. The game seems to just crash in like 10 min or so. I tried to find out what caused the crash (there was no IE note) but I couldn't find it. I first thought that it was the minimap but it wasn't. I could play with the Blitzv2Tweaks with the teamtypes in Blitz03AI_241204, but I like the structure tweaks, unit prices/speed/fire/etc, and especially the animations. Thankz Andre/Staff of Blitz xD

Edited by Spikey00

I've been playing Blitzkrieg with the (upd_blitz_Ai_100204) as i've heard that the xmas one has invisible medics, airfields and missing cameos.

Whenever i play as Russia against one Allied Ai, i get the victorious bug after about 10 minutes, no matter what map or skill. (I haven't tried Russia against more then one or German AI tho)

The AI is much improved, it builds most structures and units but it could build more. Such as service depot, Battle Lab, Airforce Centre and it drops it's parabombs/paratroopers in stupid places ;)

One strange bug. I was playing as Allied against one Brutal German AI on Desert Warfare. I nuked his base with an A-Bomb, After the airfield had disappeared and all that was left was the strip!

I couldn't destroy it, and from there on, when i dropped parabombs they froze when they touched the ground <_< so i had to quit the skirmish.

One more thing, Medics won't heal infantry! and Train Engineers won't even enter the locomotive :blink:

Edited by Tuomio

"I've been playing Blitzkrieg with the (upd_blitz_Ai_100204) as i've heard that the xmas one has invisible medics, airfields and missing cameos."

You've heard right.

"Whenever i play as Russia against one Allied Ai, i get the victorious bug after about 10 minutes, no matter what map or skill. (I haven't tried Russia against more then one or German AI tho)"

I think it happens with every side.

"The AI is much improved, it builds most structures and units but it could build more. Such as service depot, Battle Lab, Airforce Centre and it drops it's parabombs/paratroopers in stupid places"

Try to find which patches work well with others.. Like use a bugless rulesmd.ini with a good aimd.ini file (or whatever the name is called, have a new computer and don't really play Yr much now) Or the other way around, if the game still crashes/bugs out. I've unfortunatly have seen the AI build everything in the Tech Tree, but that was a crashing patch, the newer one than the christmas one. (Crashes about 10 min in the game.)

"One strange bug. I was playing as Allied against one Brutal German AI on Desert Warfare. I nuked his base with an A-Bomb, After the airfield had disappeared and all that was left was the strip!"

I've seen that happen to me, except it wasn't a A-Bomb I used. I had units destroy it, and the strip remained. The planes didn't come out, right?

"When i dropped parabombs they froze when they touched the ground so i had to quit the skirmish."

This happened to me, nonetheless not in your condition.

"One more thing, Medics won't heal infantry! and Train Engineers won't even enter the locomotive"

They don't? I thought they did... Unless I was on crack. I think I've seen one of my Train Engineers enter a locomotive before.. That was without all the patches, I think.

I suggest us to wait until a newer version of Blitz is created, or try my idea in paragraph #3.

Not to be rude, but it seems you rushed the mod's A.I? Overall everything else is brilliant but the original creator (raminator) created a poor A.I why did you decide to go ahead and release it? and now later on, Andre decides to create a better improved A.I ;) which still has some issues to sort out.

Well Blitzkrieg was intended to be a Multiplayer mod i.e for online play and it was/is perfectly suited for that.

You also have to remember that at the time Blitzkrieg 2.0 was released the numer of people in the community which could actually work the Ai could be counted on 1 hand.

Now with the released of Dcoders Ai editor work on the Ai has become easier although you still need a thorough knowledge (and a little tactical insight) to make a the AI sing and dance. :domo:

So Andre are you working on another version of updated Blitz AI. Or will there be a new one in the next version of Blitzkrieg? :)