DerelictStudios Forums
Andre27

Updated Blitz 1 Ai

Over at CNC guild i got a request to look at an AI.

Made some modifications (about 15 minutes work) but the Ai should already benefit from these changes so i might as well post them here.

Seems this was the Blitz Ai file. Updated it with Aigenerals enabled/ Aihatedelay altered/ priorities changed. Also added the aimd.tlb file to support the aigenerals.

Hope this helps. :huh:

Edit: Updated the attachment.

Upd_Blitz_AI_080204.zip

Edited by Andre27

Hi Andre :blink:

I checked it out, played a coupla games with it. I must say, I noticed no difference... :huh:

Two out of three AI players didn't even build a war factory or additional infantry...

Think this AI will need heavy work.

i'll look into it....perhaps use the blitz 2.5 version

Also which side were you using/ which difficulty/ which map etc. this is just like a betatest... i'll need that info if i am to improve the AI

Edit: I browsed through the aimd/rulesmd files and found out that most of the triggers are based on the Ra2/YR buildings while Blitzkrieg has taken those out of the game. Shouldn't be too difficult to correct.

In mean time try the Ai and post any suggestions.

Edited by Andre27

Okay, using Blitz 2.00 (no additions other than your latest AI patch), an playing the Frozen Front map. 4 players (two germans, an allied, and me -a russian).

The Allied player sent infantry to attack me early on (a first!). Then, after about ten minutes, the game declared me victorious, even though I could plainly see enemy structures and units on the map!

I tried another couple of times, same map, same players (once I allied myself to the Allied player); same problem!

Further, although one sent to infantry to attack, no other tanks were really built. Also, no air defences, no airfields, no landing fields, and just one barracks, one oil derrick, and one powerplant. Not all manged to build the usual one warfactory either. The Germans seemed to have a garrisoning fetish, whereby they garrison all the buildings they can with two riflemen in each...

I know it was only a small tweak, but I thought I'd point out all the flaws, in case there is anything that can be remedied reasonably easily...

Thanks for helping anyway!

I actually rewrote the AI file for Version 3.0, I can give you both the beta, if your interested in playing around with the AI.

It works alot better now[Ver. 3.0], but there's always room for improvement.

Would be a great help, as we're alreaddy bugged down with work.

Okay, using Blitz 2.00 (no additions other than your latest AI patch), an playing the Frozen Front map. 4 players (two germans, an allied, and me -a russian).

The Allied player sent infantry to attack me early on (a first!). Then, after about ten minutes, the game declared me victorious, even though I could plainly see enemy structures and units on the map!

I tried another couple of times, same map, same players (once I allied myself to the Allied player); same problem!

Further, although one sent to infantry to attack, no other tanks were really built. Also, no air defences, no airfields, no landing fields, and just one barracks, one oil derrick, and one powerplant. Not all manged to build the usual one warfactory either. The Germans seemed to have a garrisoning fetish, whereby they garrison all the buildings they can with two riflemen in each...

I know it was only a small tweak, but I thought I'd point out all the flaws, in case there is anything that can be remedied reasonably easily...

Thanks for helping anyway!

Easy/medium or hard opponents?

As for the 10-minutes victory bug... cannot explain that one. I didn't alter anything that can cause something like that. :blink:

actually rewrote the AI file for Version 3.0, I can give you both the beta, if your interested in playing around with the AI.

It works alot better now[Ver. 3.0], but there's always room for improvement.

Would be a great help, as we're alreaddy bugged down with work.

Send it over.. it won't be a complete makeover, but perhaps i can fine-tune some of the assaults

lol @ Rami :blink:

@ Phil; Sure, I'll help test. Rami has my email (I don't like making it public).

In fairness, it has been a while since I did any real beta testing - most modders don't like hearing about issues with their mods, so tend to ignore what a good tester will pick up on... In fairness to the DDay crew, I can only beta for Blitz though, sorry.

@Andre; All three AI were Brutal ( I never bother with lower settings in Blitz) :)

whwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa heeeeeeeeeelp!!!!

team revenge infiltrates us  :blink:

Do you mean you weren't informed that we own Blitz already.. :)

Also why bother sending them by mail.. just pm them.

MWUHAHAHAHAHA... TEAM REVENGE WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!

:)

Nah... we'll just stick to the projects we're working on right now and lend a helping hand where needed. :blink:

LOL :lol:

I guess I only have my self to blame, I have spent so long working on D-day that André has got board waiting ;)

Besides with every AI i get better :rolleyes:

B.t.w. the final moments of my German base :blink:

With their slow production Germany is not a good side to play on small maps. :unsure:

post-5-1076340450.jpg

Let me guess... you're daemonul on the cncguild? ;) <_<

Just don't start bikkering about who can test the Ai & beta.