DerelictStudios Forums
Andre27

Updated Blitz 1 Ai

But it isn't fair ! :blink: Come on guys I've spent my hole RA2/YR life playing JUST in skirimish on my computer, and whe i say JUST i ment never played on-line or lan.

Edited by Romanian-Avenger

To get back to the issue... here's a zip with a few more screenshots. 2 vs 2 Soviet (Me and a hard Russian AI) vs 2 Hard Allied Ai's

B.t.w. i lost this one.

* Makes mental note: do NOT trust you ally to guard you flank. *

Blitz_screenshots.zip

as long i have the powers herte on this forum the posts can continue as they want aslong it is in any way productive...not like in some other forum i visit from time to tim =) mauhhahahahaha

If MIG leaves then it's a open position so can i join because i'm :P obssest with this mod.

BTW : i wont have to worry about screenshots :ph34r:

It's not that you're obsessed with it: You got to try to help out where ever you can. For instance: I offered to do graphics and code for the V-1, and I released the unofficial 2.5 patch. You gotta show that you're devoted to the progress of the mod, and that you're willing to help out in anyway you can to get Phil's trust.

Or I guess that's it. Hell if I know, I ain't no damn psychiatrist. :)

OK. Here's what can i do : i know rules editing, a little AI editing (don't cont to much), make may way with the XCC Mixer(mix archive) and little Voxel editing and Beta Testing (REAL one)

And BTW i've played(me German against 2 Allies,Russians) the new AI andre made but after a while they declare me victorius.

Hmm. Still baffled about the "victorious" bug. I've played a number of games, but didn't encounter it (yet)

Ok. If i am to find the cause of this bug i need reports in the following layout:

Your Side:

Opponent Side: (Country + easy/medium/hard)

Map:

Gamemode:

Version AI: (the date at the end of the zip-file.

Can the "Bug" be reproducced?

Also it is important that a clean Ra2 directory is used, besides Blitz and the files i posted off course.

you uploaded some here in the forum...

i took a look on them and there where only 2 (in words: TWO) maps of 40(?) that could fit to blitz...although only with hude modifications on them

like i said...

look...most maps are build like this...

4 totaly equal startingpoints

the map is build up totaly simetrically

they look all to artificial

you saw the maps yamato uploaded before?

take a look on them...there were some very usable

Best way to make some good Blitz1 maps is to find real WW2 maps of battles, and work from those...

Try here: http://www.onwar.com/maps/wwii/

_______________Some general tips___________

Try not to use lots of buildings like the burger bar and the car dealership... Buildings should be laid out in blocks (2x2 buildings to a block works well as does 2x3). Remember, buildings are quite good if enough are garrisoned, and that too high a density stops players from seeing what's going on.

Few tech buildings make them worth fighting for; lots spoil the map since they're no longer are special. Similarly, avoid putting all the tech buildings on the majority of maps - Derricks and perhaps a machine shop or an airport are enough. Don't use the Outpost.

When using the cliff tools, you need to redo a few sections manually, so that you don't get artificial-looking lines, or too much repitition.

Same with trees.

Furniture and neutrals should be used sparingly; a few add welcome detail. Too many, and it looks a mess, too few, and the map looks dull. How much is added depends on the map, obviously.

Don't go splashing masses of Ore evrywhere; it's not really needed much if the players have derricks. Nor is it very realistic. Where it is included, don't have multiple drills all in one patch.

Rough terrain has a big effect on vehicles, as do slopes. Putting this all over the map doesn't allow for maneouvrability. Use it carefully. Putting it on wooded areas is a good idea though.

Sounds and animated units are cool, but again use sparingly. No cop-cars.

Anyway, I think you get the idea :)

i, too, get the "victorious bug" however it only occurs when i play against more than one opponent. it doesn't matter which side i play as (or what they play as) or the map i play. i can play 1 on 1 all i want without any errors, but as soon as there is more than 2 players in the game i win :'(

also my folder has been stripped of any unwanted mods and files, i had to delete the folder and re-install it before i could even play blitz.

Edited by Kremlin69

Hey Major_Gilbear it's mike if you want to give them my maps and see what they think and if they want to use them.If they want to they can add to them or take out what they don't need I'll get started on some more soon if you still need them ok

later :ph34r:

that AI... i cant get it to work... it gives up in about 15 minutes... i:S the AI itself is better than the first... i think its great... but its a shame that u cant fight more that one enemy at a time... and fihgt for more than 15 minutes... is there an update for that AI... is there i newer version?