DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Delta_9

Which CnC Game Should EA Create Nxt?

Which CnC game should EA create nxt?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which CnC game should EA create nxt?

• Red Alert 3
    • Tiberian Twilight
    • Generals 2
    • Renegade 2
    • ...New Story...

they should make a FPS but it better be good i hated renegade but it was a good idea make1 in the TS universe based on the HL2 source engine

i would like to see a new generals with a good story, realistic untis, russia in it..... not USSR..... make it how the first generals should have been

TT would be good. How could you go off RA2? It wasn't about anything. It went away from the whole story. It had the worst story of all the games.

Generals is done for. They had their chance to make a realistic game, but blew it.

Generals done for? Not likely, in my opinion. It is a revolution in CnC, for you have incentive to NOT rush the enemy with massive amounts of tamks, which used to make up most of Yuri and RA2 online play. The incentive is to not give the enemy bunches of Generals points that he can use to blow your base to kingdom come. :huh: And the General system gives you rewards for blowing it all up.

Oh come on, Generals and Zero Hour were just about the best games in the C&C universe - no silly-scifi, a realistic story, though a bit bland but then ZH came and changed it with its INCREDIBLY cool campaigns, amazingly beautiful engine, etc. in fact, the only thing lacking from it was the just about zero customer support.....other than that it was a great game.

i never played zero hour becouse i did not wan to spend the money on it sincei bought generals and it sucked a$*! generals was totaly unrealistic, storyline sucked, missions were crapy and if they started to make the game they should have continued the tradition of C&C games

Its a good game but there is no story to it. Original CNC's were all about story, so I think the last should be about that. Besides they already have a great engine to work off of.

I personally think the SAGE engine was crap maybe if they make a new 3d engine or used a different engine alltogether it wouldn't be so bad. I would be happy to see a Tiberian Twilight or RA3 maybe even a Renegade 2.. But I'll be more more interested in seeing what Petroglyph is working on and not get my hope's up for another C&C.

Edited by Chronomaw

generals was totaly unrealistic, storyline sucked, missions were crapy and if they started to make the game they should have continued the tradition of C&C games

Totally unrealistic? how the f'in hell is generals unrealistic? oh sure, tiberium taking over the world sure is realistic, so is einstein going back in time :unsure: meanwhile, we have the USA (which i assure you is 100 percent real) and the Chinese (which is also 100 percent real) fighting the GLA (which represents the combined might of the hundreds of terrorist groups across the world, albeit a bit exagerative), which is 90 percent realistic (the Chinese arent playing that much of a role in the war on terrorism, but they are taking part). the FANTASTIC missions range from the COMPLTELY REALISTIC occupation of baghdad by american troops to the COMPLETELY REALISTIC search for GLA WMD to the COMPLETELY REALISTIC search and rescue missions of downed pilots and POWs. i feel this game was refreshing, as it reflected world politics (several missions have you wary of your actions, because you are judged by a "world opinion" meter - do the wrong things, such as get men killed, and your world opinion will go down, just like bush's is) instead of just another old sci-fi flick. it adds new twists yet retains the old c&c tradition. the reasons why a bunch of people seem to not like Generals is because:

1. it wasnt made by westwood studios (BIG FUDGING WHOOP!!!)

2. it was released to close to warcraft 3, and was overshadowed by it

3. it lacked in customer support

4. people like to hop on the bandwagon and get a bite out of the latest scapegoat

it was a great game, especially out of A BRAND NEW DEVELOPING STUDIO. it just didnt get the appreciation it deserved.

ok the usa paladin is a diffent unit in real life, overlord, scorpion tank, no storyline missions suck etc..................

About the terror grounps around the worl...they seem to be more Middle Eastern Muslim than anything. Perhaps since 9/11 occured cuz of Islamic extremists it was easy to pin them as terrorists since Americans (or the world) would relate to them more easy :D. Terrorists around the world would have been more accurate like :): "GLA Yakuza General" Or "GLA US Neo-Nazi General" or "GLA KKK General" or "GLA African Warlord General" or "GLA Columbian Druglord General (!)". NOW THATS Worldwide Terror groups! ^_^. Ex would be for Druglord Level 7 Power - "Induce a large group of enemy units under the effects of pot. They will stay inactive while being high." ^_^. But aside from that TT must come out!

Edited by IconOfEvi

DAMN IT EA SUX!

the cliche has been worn out and people are hopping onto other bandwagons. its time you join them :D

Terrorists around the world would have been more accurate like : "GLA Yakuza General" Or "GLA US Neo-Nazi General" or "GLA KKK General" or "GLA African Warlord General" or "GLA Columbian Druglord General (!)". NOW THATS Worldwide Terror groups! . Ex would be for Druglord Level 7 Power -

your right about that, it would have been interesting to see a REAL international force of terrorists uniting, but still, within the past decade there have been so many terrorist acts by islamic militants all over the world it overshadows all other terrorists - which means ull hear about terrorists from saudi arabia, from egypt, from palestine, from afghanistan much more than you hear about terrorists from ireland, spain, philipines, etc, and so islamic militants would be the logical choice by EA - just by name recognition.

ok the usa paladin is a diffent unit in real life, overlord, scorpion tank, no storyline missions suck etc..................

throughout history diffrent units have changed roles, remember the storyline occures in 2020, paladin could become MBT ^_^

as for overlord, in the instruction manual it says it wasnt created until lilke 2013 i believe

and the scorpion? it is obviously an ancient tank (my guess is a PzkpfwIII but i know i'm wrong, tank recognition is not my department ^_^) and was renamed the "scorpion" by the GLA when they adopted it as there MBT.

generals just sucked????????????????!!!!!!!@@@@@@@@@@

ea has some games that are good like simulations but C&C from ea sucked?

Edited by Sasho