DerelictStudios Forums
Smurf Bizkit

Technical Support (read First!) (for V026)

This topic is a compilation of answers to problems people typically have. If you have things to add to this, just reply below. Try not to post support questions here as they will be deleted. (I know this should've been posted a while ago, I did ask jadgtiger to post this up...but he didn't, and I forgot to remind him)

----------------------------------------------

This is only for V026 and the v026b patch!

The mod won't run! It gives me an error when it starts up!

What language version of Generals are you using? If it is anything other than English...you might have problems which cannot be fixed easily. I would suggest you wait for a version of Blitz2 that supports your language. (if your language is something other than french or german contact me to see about getting support for it)

Is the mod in the correct location? The mod should be located in your main generals folder (typically .../eagames/generals/). It should NOT be inside a folder, which is inside that directory (ie .../eagames/generals/v026full). The files will not be read by the game unless they are in the root generals dir. Also remember that this is a mod for generals NOT zero hour.

Do you have other mods installed? If you do, these might conflict and you should uninstall them before you install Blitzkrieg 2.

Did you patch Generals fully before installing the mod? You should do this.

The mod keeps wanting me to patch it! It keeps trying to connect to the internet when I hit the Blitzkrieg2.exe!

There are 3 things you can do to fix this (you can do all of them, or just 1 of them and it should work).

-Download the v026b patch, and then go into the main generals dir and delete the "blitzbuilder(not working!).exe".

-Rename the "blitzbuilder(notworking!).exe" to "blitzbuilder.exe".

-Open the launcher.ini file (inside the main generals dir) and edit the "DisableInetUpdate=No" line so it is now "DisableInetUpdate=Yes".

I can't connect to my friend online!

Make sure that you are both using the exact same version (meaning you both need v025, or v026 or v026+the patch). If one of you is using v026 and the other is using v026+the patch...it won't work.

Online disconnects and other problems arn't due to Blitzkrieg 2, but rather to the horrible netcode EA is using for Generals.

The AI doesn't work in skirmish!

The AI only works on Hard and Brutal, not on normal setting. You should also try different maps, since it tends to work better on some than others.

Yea, the point of this is to stop people from having to do that though. Those are the common problems I know of...there are probably others.

very good to have that in place. Maybe this could help you (probably you already aware of it):

If the Game is running too slow and getting slower and slower, check if you are using a firewall, i covered the issue with zonealarme. The only solution I found out was to disable the wall.

Thank you smurf I belive this will stop alot of those all ready answered topics...

i would hope so

Hi new to this but what iv'e seen this site is great it was in P.C. Gamer. i'm having problems with Blitzkrieg I got all the updates for both ra2 & yr. blitzkrieg it loads quite well all the way to the play fild. I do know that you cant play in single player mode but when it dose load in multe player the play fild loads and it looks awsome but then it lockes up and It gives me an error advising me to get a up date wutch has been done. I have closed all the behind windows thangs running but I leave running explorer and systray running any idea? :domo: excuse the typing and where do you go to ask these questions?

Edited by gord

I'm getting this every time I'm trying to start the game after I haved press OK for update...

Information: Performing integrity check

Error: Failed

Error: The patch file couldn't be applied because some files are missing or have

incorrect version.

If the above patch has failed, then your copy may be modified and can not be pat

ched.

Press any key to continue . . .

Anyone who knows what I can do?

I'm getting this every time I'm trying to start the game after I haved press OK for update...

Information: Performing integrity check

Error: Failed

Error: The patch file couldn't be applied because some files are missing or have

incorrect version.

If the above patch has failed, then your copy may be modified and can not be pat

ched.

Press any key to continue . . .

Anyone who knows what I can do?

Aha

http://www.derelictstudios.net/forums/inde...?showtopic=3751

I know this question is going to annoy the stars out of you guys but please dont delete this post until you have read it and have helped me instal blits 2 :(

I d-loaded the mod and that patch, I have the english version. When I get to the Blitzkrieg 2 launcher it sais "Error please reinstall there are some corrupt missing files.... I reinstalled it 5 times.... :D

Although im an idiot so I might have d-loaded a wrong patch... :( Can you give me links to the patch I need for this? Is their anything else I need besides the mod installer and the patch??

You mentioned something about the mod not being in the correct place perhaps? I have WinRar and it just shows up as BlitzkriegR2vow35.... I just double click that to get the installer... would it be better it I extracted it somewhere else? can you give me the destination path that I would d-load it to? its on C:\Documents and Settings\myname\Desktop\blitzkriegr2v035 right now, is this correct?

Do I need to d-load the 06-10-2004 RenAlert patch's for this, probably not but do you!?! :(

Once again I know you guys are most likley tired of dealing with dum noobs, and im probably the most noobieast of them all so please help ;)

once again please dont delete this post till Ive been helped and have posted my many thanks!!!!!

Edited by gatordh7

.... R2 is for ZH, not Generals. And download it from the CnC Extreme mirror (included in mirror list for R2/v035), I know for a fact that one works. R2's installer is foolproof, no worries for you there.

ok I d-loaded from theCnC Extreme mirror... and it never, I have the correct patch... It still wont work... My game is set in english... It still wont work, I keep getting the bla bla bla Error corupt files, please reinstal :hb:

Does anyone here have msn, and wouldnt mind spending a few mins to help me using remote assisitance? Please tell me your msn!!!

mine is gator_dh7@hotmail.com

Edited by gatordh7

The AI only works on Hard and Brutal, not on normal setting. You should also try different maps, since it tends to work better on some than others.

Oookay..... I don't think this (the snippet I'm quoting) is correct anymore, if it once was. Maybe it was relevant for 2.5, but AFAIK even the Hard and Brutal AI modes don't work for 2.6 - in all the threads I've read, I've heard that the ONLY AIs available are third party AIs..... and wouldn't it be handy to have some kind of repository sticky, with links to all 3rd part AI files available? That way, you can get an overview of the available AIs and choose which one(s) to download in less time than it would take to sift through search results :-/

Sorry if all that was a bit messed up, but it's kinda late and my brain is screaming for me to go to sleep.....

Oookay..... I don't think this (the snippet I'm quoting) is correct anymore, if it once was. Maybe it was relevant for 2.5, but AFAIK even the Hard and Brutal AI modes don't work for 2.6 - in all the threads I've read, I've heard that the ONLY AIs available are third party AIs..... and wouldn't it be handy to have some kind of repository sticky, with links to all 3rd part AI files available? That way, you can get an overview of the available AIs and choose which one(s) to download in less time than it would take to sift through search results :-/

Sorry if all that was a bit messed up, but it's kinda late and my brain is screaming for me to go to sleep.....

This thread is for Version 0.26 (basically the second public beta released, fixing many of the problems from v0.25)(not even fully to Release 1, which was soley the ground war I seem to recall). Look at when the thread was created (2004). This latest release is Release 2.6 .

And r2.6 is only very very recently released, so there are no third party AIs yet.

First of all, great mod. I have played earlier versions of blitz and have found them all to be grade A. Keep up the good work!

Now, for my problem: I have had Blitz uninstalled for a while now ( ~6 months) and now, when I installed it this time, I cannot play with my friends online. They can see and join my servers, and when we are all ready, I click start and the loading screen comes up. Only, there is only 1 progress bar moving - mine. All other players' progress bars remain at zero. Once my bar is completely full, nothing happens for about 1 minute, then it shows my starting base. I can select units, but they do not go anywhere or follow orders. I cannot exit the game. I can bring up the exit menu, but clicking any of the buttons just returns me to the game. I am running Zero hour, not First Decade. When I installed Blitz, I uninstalled ZH. cleared the directory, installed ZH, patched it, installed Blitz mod, and finally patched to the lastest version. I have no Firewall up on pc, nor on router, nor anti-virus. The same people can connect on most other games. I have opened TCP ports: 80, 6667, 28910, 29900, 29920 and UDP ports 4321 and 27900. - which I don't need to manually open to run vanilla ZH online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am not technologically illiterate, but I am completely stumped on this one. Let me know if I can provide you with any more information.

Thanks

P.S. I was a little confused on where I should post this, so please move it if this in the wrong place.

Edited by Coojoe

Hi all :) ... Im too lazy too check if someone else got the same problem as i. When i start the game it says '' You have encountered a serious error.'' ... so what can i do to fix it?

Hi all :) ... Im too lazy too check if someone else got the same problem as i. When i start the game it says '' You have encountered a serious error.'' ... so what can i do to fix it?

Patch zh to 1.04

Patch zh to 1.04

ok i tried that but i still got the problem :S