DerelictStudios Forums
Chrono

Standalone Bugs And/or Suggestions.

Okay I suppose you guys could try. Although it's confirmed that the standalone workd without YR installed. That answers Chrono's first question.

Well, I played it for a little bit, and it's quite nice;)

The Nemesis Barracks looks really cool when garrisoned, it does fire a bit slow though if not all the guys are in it. I wonder: why do the conscripts have to use missiles? Shouldn't they just use their infinitely better AT rifles? The new cursors were a bit off-putting at first, but were Ok when I got used to them. One suggestion though: Could you make the out-of-range cursor a bit more noticable? I found myself squinting at the little red dot to see if i was in range or not.

The Armageddon is still infinitely powerful, but scarily cheap. It's especially nice that the nemesis build faster now.

The genesis... eh, i don't know, i just don't feel they have so much player appeal anymore with the new changes.... The aurabelts are nice, but they look way different than the "clean" look of the other Genesis strutures, and kind of detract from their faction.

I still have to play some of the urban maps and the naval combat yet.

Just my 60 cents. Keep up the good work!

Ive played and finished many skirmishes in lots of different maps, I usually play 2 or 3 games and then it crashes, or itll crash on a map startup. I suppose it could be frustrating, but im used to ZH so i guess i dont see the crashes as anything extraordinary...

Ill try every map when i get some time, I have a feeling its not that some maps dont work, but that theres a chance of crashing on startup of any map for some reason...

1) wheres the music? :lol:

2)Som place holder graphics for the genesis buildings would have been nice... and the new ones look a little out of place, but still kick arse

3)internal error on the cyninism and archipeligo maps, and just random ones every now and then.

4)nemisis construction voxel sticks out.....

overall, the standalone has a lot of bugs that need ironing but, so far if this is only a beta, i'm looking forward to the fianl product :)

Thanks Comrade Chrono for AR2454 Standalone (I HAVE THE LEGAL VERSION OF RA2 AND YR)... since this is BETA. here ARE bugs report.

1. No MUSICS

2. NEMESIS has no UNIT speech sounds. UNLIKE AR240

3. INTERNAL ERRORs occured... I'm not sure what cause the trouble... IN the same map. I plays as NEMESIS (RED) and opposite is GENESIS (BLUE)... I've built Armageddon and order it to BASH OUT genesis base ALONE. EVEN its INFLICT catastropheric damage to GENESIS. (ONE SET of missiles can DESTROY Genesis buildings, I've saw it with my own eyes :) ). But the game crashes (INTERNAL ERRORS OCCURED)... My sis do the same, but hasn't expirence such ploblems.

4. Clean ups can reap off campaignes, original maps, AND MUSICS... Please tell me which files NEEDS to be backupped before install this MODS... and in which formation?

And HERE ARE suggestions

1. Since NEMESIS lives underground. Please add UNDERGROUND maps (Aircrafts are unallowed to build there)

2. ADDS railroads into the mod.

3. NEMESIS should be able to build MCVs

4. ALLOWS ALL combat infantries (both GENESIS and NEMESIS) to GARRISONS in ANY CIVILIAN structures and allows them to FIRES anything they armed instead of Rocket Launchers...

5. Where is the Bridge repair hut?

Let me try to answer to some of the easier suggestions.

1. Genesis doesn't work underground. Besides even if a dark map is made, you wouldn't get the underground feel.

2. Do you think there are trains on Atrigo?

3. Good point. I think this might be a balancing issue and was deliberate.

4. Genesis think they are too noble to garrison, as someone else said. Anyway, they think they don't have to, because they're the best. Sorta in line with the story.

5. I don't know. Maybe they left it out on purpose.

Even though there ar not any repair huts on the bridges, I tried to destroy the brigde and I took me at least 3 times as long as it usually does. So maybe they are re-enforced so they can't break as easy. If we could garison it would be a waist of time, when the infantries basicly can swim and walk on land, they're also a little stronger then the old infantries. Everything in the game has a purpose of either being there and not being there.

One thing; The Scrin Assimilator; is it supposed to have that slow of a reload rate? It makes it kind of a pointless unit :D

Now that you think about it, it would be kinda cool to see just one underground map, maybe as a campaign bonus level.......

plus we would get to see Nemesis cities :P

How did you get to use the Scrin Assimilator?

We may disable all the assimilation abilities for Scrin aircraft and save them for the infantry.

Technically yes in RA2, but it requires so much work and skills we are not going to be able to do it.

Why can't you do it, you made the best games/mods on the net but you can't make an underground map! :domo: :domo: What is needed to make an underground map anyway??? <_<

Let me try to answer to some of the easier suggestions.

1. Genesis doesn't work underground. Besides even if a dark map is made, you wouldn't get the underground feel.

2. Do you think there are trains on Atrigo?

3. Good point. I think this might be a balancing issue and was deliberate.

4. Genesis think they are too noble to garrison, as someone else said. Anyway, they think they don't have to, because they're the best. Sorta in line with the story.

5. I don't know. Maybe they left it out on purpose.

1. I don't think so.

According to the storyline. Nemesis has moved their civilian to the ground. Genesis wants an absolute rules on Atrigo. so they MUST kills every Nemesis population. so they MUST attack an UNDERGROUND compound... and I THINK in the Nemesis campaign. they MUST defend their UNDERGROUND CITY since their weapons are made in underground city.....

AND westwood has made Lunar maps possible. why shouldn't AR team made Subterranean city possible?

2. I think there are Railroad transportation system on Atrigo.

Nemesis lives underground. they REQUIRES a reliable mass transportation systems since they can't use aircraft while they live underground ... and Subterranean NAVAL transportation is very complicated... although NEMESIS has the navy armada... and you know... NEMESIS Industrial compounds are situated underground. so they need Railroad systems to support their people. and to maintain their underground compounds.

As for GENESIS. they are completely industrialists... their infantries are all cyborgs. so they needs to transport their "body" parts to frontline GENESIA in large numbers.

3. <_<

4. I think THEY SHOULD DO Garrison inside buildings and FIRE from that. I DON'T THINK garrison inside buildings are the way of noble....

5. Since nemesis can't move their vehicles accross the water. THEY NEED BRIDGE REPAIR HUT!!!

Actually, the Genesis can indeed garrison buildings. The Cutilators do it.

The Shiners on the other hand were given a rather strong deployed mode that is quite good for early defense.

Nemesis lives underground. they REQUIRES a reliable mass transportation systems since they can't use aircraft while they live underground ... and Subterranean NAVAL transportation is very complicated... although NEMESIS has the navy armada... and you know... NEMESIS Industrial compounds are situated underground. so they need Railroad systems to support their people. and to maintain their underground compounds.

As for GENESIS. they are completely industrialists... their infantries are all cyborgs. so they needs to transport their "body" parts to frontline GENESIA in large numbers.

Well, the Genesis could make use of their super efficient air transport. Besides, there is no indication of any railroad systems on Atrigo. And as for the Nemesis, why can't they use other means of mass transport without using laid out rails? I assume many of us would imagine Atrigo to be much too advanced for such an old-fashioned transport system.

When we say railroads, we are talking about parallel metal rails with perpendicular wooden/metal supports at frequent intervals. :lol: I did not imply that there couldn't be mass transport systems on Atrigo. Of course there has to be. But railroads sound too... human.

Well, the Genesis could make use of their super efficient air transport. Besides, there is no indication of any railroad systems on Atrigo. And as for the Nemesis, why can't they use other means of mass transport without using laid out rails? I assume many of us would imagine Atrigo to be much too advanced for such an old-fashioned transport system.

When we say railroads, we are talking about parallel metal rails with perpendicular wooden/metal supports at frequent intervals. :P I did not imply that there couldn't be mass transport systems on Atrigo. Of course there has to be. But railroads sound too... human.

What?

You mean... Nemesis use any other means of Mass transportation else than Rail systems.

or. Atrigans called "trains" in diffrent name?

Whoops I failed to get my point across. What I was trying to say is that the Atrigans may not use trains. There could be other kinds of mass transport we've never even heard of yet. "Trains" and "Railroads" sound too normal and non Atrigan, and very low-tech, even for the Nemesis. I'm just speculating; if Godwi decides to pop up and say they do have trains, you win. He is AR2 story king.

Edited by Eisenhower

There is mass transport that resembles trains, but they don't run on conventional rails. Godwin have drawn concept arts for it.

In game however, the train logic is reserved for an defensive auratransmittor in huge Genesis bases in the campaign. It involves a very fast moving ball that spins along circular rails in a mad speed and instantly crushing (if you played TS you know what I mean) everything trying to enter the gate. The perfect defense against huge land units like the Armageddon.