DerelictStudios Forums
Sign in to follow this  
IconOfEvi

Map Suggestions Needed!

Ok ladies and germs, I have deicded (decision aided by tmapm) to make as many skirmish maps as I possibly can until tmapm can (maybe) come back becuase he is extremly busy (coding 6 sites so far I think...) so I am gonna take the slack as well. Since this is a chance to expand my skills I will also ask that you give me YOUR suggestions. Yes-YOU. That one reading this now. Although verbal desc arent too great Ill live but I would prefer if you gave me a pencil scanning and/or bitmap outline of what you want.

Till tmapm comes (again-maybe) back this regime will go on. Hopefully we can get that camp done before 4.0 release. But in either case it ill get done :D. Since I have my final Finals tomorrow and then its summer break I'll be map making a lot more.

So start sending those drawing (or telling me verbally ^_^)

Damn I've been slacking...

:D

:D if i hadn't lost all my TS maps.... however i've got the save for the best one i made and i'd be happy to trawl through all the map idea's i made up around 2 years ago. After exams i could make some, but you'd have to do the scripting for them. ^_^

Well all im asking for is a DRAWING. Like with a scanner, digital camera, or with Paint/Photoshop. Just a rough outline of what you want.

Its not that hard :D \

Yea alls ya gotta use is a few curvey and straight lines and the paintbrush tools. So now there is no reason to not draw something becuz if you can read this, you got Paint or a paint deravitive.

Good good! Right now I am making a 3 player map shaped like the Nemesis insignia...its goin great so far ;)...

:huh:

All right im done with my first map recently made rough copy. It is a 1vs1 map shaped like the Nemesis insignia. There is a nice city and as you can guess this is intended for a nemesis vs nemesis fight but it can be anything. There are two Vinifera/Power storage tech buildings and plenty of garrisonable watch towers. I have it set so far that each side starts with 2 power plants and some guard towers...as you can see it will give Nemesis players an advantage but also Genesis will find an advantage to this. Any suggestions to this before I tune it up and make it final.

PS I know I should refine the insignia since it is bent more to the left.

:lol:

post-23-1086843103.jpg

Looks good:P , maybe a should re-install YR and see about making some maps... anyhow i'll do some scribbling and think up some ideas for you to try out.

All right so far I've gotten points own like if you run out of money ur a dumbass :lol:...and some tructures instantly go to u when they start :lol:. Newest picture is uploaded :(.

Ima gonna randomize the terrain more and smooth the coasts out :). Then ima gonna send the next verion to chrono.

:P

All right im done with my first map recently made rough copy. It is a 1vs1 map shaped like the Nemesis insignia. There is a nice city and as you can guess this is intended for a nemesis vs nemesis fight but it can be anything. There are two Vinifera/Power storage tech buildings and plenty of garrisonable watch towers. I have it set so far that each side starts with 2 power plants and some guard towers...as you can see it will give Nemesis players an advantage but also Genesis will find an advantage to this. Any suggestions to this before I tune it up and make it final.

PS I know I should refine the insignia since it is bent more to the left.

:huh:

Nice! Lots of neutral buildings to capture! ^_^

Ok update of the map.

*1vs1

*PLENTY of vinifera so I dont want any complaints about

*Replaced a lot of watch towers /w bunkers

*Made you start also with 6 Sentinels and 6 Turrets.

*Walls guard the entrence in. So do the turrerts.

*Each team starts with a Vinifera Storage

*The middle island now has 1 storage and 1 Aeronautics Pad ;)

*2 of the 3 civilian outposts have been replaced by *suprises*

*Each starting point has advantages and disadvantages but are sorta =

Just think of the name Nemesis Revenge and you'll be able to guess some of the suprises :P

Mmmmmm not quite but close :D

Maybe I SHOULD put a missle pad in :D-wait, it wouldnt cause ou any trouble ;)

:blink:

Hmmmm tell me what has three legs ;)?

Also there are other obstacles too...but...

My thru a series of events (some ehich I cant tell you) I screwwed my YR game and had to unisntall. But then my YR cd was all badly scrathed so it was useless no matter how I cleaned it. My other YR cd at a firends so I gotta get it back pronto :(

;)