DerelictStudios Forums
Smurf Bizkit

Cnc3?

ok here is our answer straight from the CnC Den

Bit more info about the mysterious C&C3 pic posted by Planet CNC over the weekend has come forth. Adam Isgreen, Game Design Director at the EALA Studios, posted the following:

Yo,

Guys, Petroglyph doesn't have the rights to C&C. EA owns the C&C brand. The Petro guys are doing their own stuff.

What Mark said is true. What you saw was a concept / inspirational piece of art that we did over a year ago that displays on our internal EA monitors here at EALA. Concept art is our "What if?" avenue to explore things we may or may not want to do in the future with game content, a certain look, or atmosphere / tone.

FYI, it's an image of a Scrin Primal defending against a GDI attack on a Scrin base. Obviously, the primal is winning. =)

And yes, there are still a bunch of us ex-westwood guys here.

So that tells us that Petroglyph is probably not making C&C 3. At any rate, EA asked Planet CNC to remove the picture. I'm not going to speculate further on the why's and whereto's, etc. I'll just patiently wait for EA to make an announcement when they're ready.

OMFG I can't believe it either....maybe it catches back up with the Rivalry of U.S. and Russia in the future.......maybe...just maybe...

but that looks like a piece of pretty high level-of-detail "concpet art", they've obviously gone into production/development.... or some artist had too damn much free time...

Well, boy are we stupid ^_^...though perhaps maybe you should get 1/2 a warn for necro'ing such an old topic? Relevant of course...but old.

Hey, am I right in thinking theres no Scrin campagin? If so, that sucks.

Yes, we'll know soon enough. Will EA breathe new life into the C&C series......or will they nail the coffin shut?

If only Kane would return, the real Kane.

Yes!

There's a 5 mission Scrin campaign. Just beat the GDI and Nod campaigns and it opens up.

I can't help but not believe you. I'd like a scrin campaign, but it would be hard to make, can't exactly have giant alien costumes talking english in the cutscenes now can you.

There's a 5 mission Scrin campaign.  Just beat the GDI and Nod campaigns and it opens up.

I can't help but not believe you. I'd like a scrin campaign, but it would be hard to make, can't exactly have giant alien costumes talking english in the cutscenes now can you.

CGI my "friend". CGI.