Population: 11,000,000,000

Diameter: 17,753 km

Moons: 2

Rotational period: 36.60 earth hours

Orbital period: 1.78 earth years

Axis Tilt Angle: 26.5'

Average Daytime Temperature: 1'C

Cool! :)

Edit: About the gravity, the Earth is around 12,700 km in diameter, if the masses are proportional to their sizes, Atrigo should have a gravity about 1.47 times the gravity of the Earth

Edited by cold_fusion

Edit: About the gravity, the Earth is around 12,700 km in diameter, if the masses are proportional to their sizes, Atrigo should have a gravity about 1.47 times the gravity of the Earth

Hmm, 17753/12700, I get 1.4 only.

Assuming the same density, (m1/m2)=(V1/V2)=(r1/r2)^3

The r^3 factor is cancelled out by F=GMm/r^2, so surface gravitational force should be directly proportional to radius.

Nah, it cant be proportional to the radius makes no sense comparing length with gravity, but I think it would be proportional to the volume, right? I'm not sure, because I havent studied that yet, but I think you can compare the mass and volume because of d=m/V, so maybe you can calculate from there. I said 1.47, cuz I made a quick calculation, had to go study. Later I thought that I might be wrong

So, uh, anybody up for the math? :D

Oh, so it is proportional? I thought maybe it wasnt, that maybe you had to calculate the volume first. So that means I was right in the first place?

Edited by cold_fusion

You do calculate the volume and mass first. But the gravitational force you sense on the surface also depends on how far away you are from the center of mass of the planet.

Thats the part I dont know. The further you are the stronger it gets? I know that in the center of the Earth there is no gravity, so does that mean he the futher you are from the center, the stronger the gravitational force is?

Edited by cold_fusion

No. The further out you are from the surface, the weaker it gets.

Inside it is a bit more complicated. At the center there is no gravity because the gravitational forces from all directions cancel each other out.

Oh, the forces all point to the center, cancelling them. Makes sense.

But the gravitational force you sense on the surface also depends on how far away you are from the center of mass of the planet.

Can't you adopt the average distance from the core to be 8870 km? :huh:

uh no....the further you go, the weaker it gets, but to escape the gravity pull itself you need a lot of force, but i dont know the specifics, dont study science anymore

You need the force to push your object to the escape velocity. At a certain velocity and height you would go around the earth like a satellite, since the earth's gravitational pull is feeding the centripetal force. Once you goes faster than that the earth's gravitational field is not enough to keep you in uniform circular motion anymore, and so you fly into space.

Though gravity is actually the weakest force when compared to electricity and magnetism and also weak and strong mollecular (?) forces. I think the strongest is 'strong' molecular forces (methinks the bindings of atoms) followed by 'weak' ones (nuclear forces like fission) followed by either electricity or magnestism followed by elc or mag followed by gravity. It is actually the weakest force :D.

Oh the joys of documentaries :huh:

:D

The "strong" molecular force is about 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 times stronger than gravity, but its confined to the space of an atom, while gravity can hold the universe in place

True but its funny how we all see gravity as extremly strong but it is actually the weakest force ^_^

:lol:

lol! If you had 1/1,000,000 of your body charged, and you walked past someone that was too, you would either be violently repeled or stuck together wihout being able to break free. And thats magnetism, which is a few thousand times weaker than molecular forces :(

Edited by cold_fusion